Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Hodgepodge posted:

Infallibility only prevents you from loving up so bad on doctrine that it gets people sent to Hell.

Once you're just an ex-Pope, you'd be far more canny to just tell people that you're using infallibility and then lie to them, damning them for eternity.

Is there a history of ex-popes? I assumed they always just died of old age and then we're replaced with the slightly newer model.

I say this as a former catholic who never paid that close of attention to the pope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Phobophilia posted:

https://twitter.com/n0tincel/status/1085953412305436672

Time for some Content from donut twitter: some #resistance dipshit steals images of an african model to pass off as their profile while they scream at berniebros, gets called out for using those images, locks account and calls for a mass report of the person who caught them out.

Be thankful that the neoliberal faildaughters who got into the DCCC are incompetent nepotism cases, and keep them well away from political power.

Gone behind a privacy screen now. Share screenshots if you have any.

joylessdivision posted:

Is there a history of ex-popes? I assumed they always just died of old age and then we're replaced with the slightly newer model.

I say this as a former catholic who never paid that close of attention to the pope.

I think maybe three popes including Benedict have left office voluntarily instead of just dropping dead. The last papal resignation was in the 1400s or some time equally absurdly long ago.

EDIT: Wikipedia says only five popes have ever retired, and besides Benedict the last was Gregory the something-or-other in 1415.

Well What Now has issued a correction as of 00:27 on Jan 18, 2019

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/PrgrssveWave/status/1085749768423436288

lol

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

An insane mind posted:

Ex-popes can take levels in anti-pope to get a version of their excommunication powers. Their levels stack so there's no reason not to become anti-Pope. You might want to dip a level of rogue for better backstab though.

This was a good joke.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Kirby don't fuckin play :dealwithit:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LongDarkNight posted:

This was a good joke.

I made the same dang joke!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Who What Now posted:

If two goons makes the same joke and you fail the perception roll which one do you hear?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Who What Now posted:

Maybe you should have made it better.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Who What Now posted:

He's a Catholic priest, that goes without saying. Just like how all pigs are complicit in police brutality and murder.

Mods God knew.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Farm Frenzy posted:

i think a few years ago the line was that the accusations were anti-catholic bigotry so its really really convenient for them that the first pope to be mildly non-homophobic is also the first pope to acknowledge the whole child sex abuse thing

Elizabeth Bruening, kindest person on Twitter and three times the Catholic I'll ever be, was absolutely furious at the Church for its handling of sex abuse cases, and you still had shitheads calling her a bad Catholic in TYOOL 2018.

If you're not rooting for a fire-and-brimstone cleansing of the ranks at this point, then something is really wrong with you.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I can't get enough of Botox Dave being owned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXjfCeuzICQ

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

They try so hard to make an attractive woman look ugly, while making an actual pile of orange sewage look imposing

It's really a stunning feat of brain worms gymnastics

To be fair literally all media outlets do this regardless of political views

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

a7m2 posted:

The best one I remember was a beloved Danish actor holding a press conference, don't remember what it was about, but he talked about this and that and his life and such.

Next day front pages:
Tabloid A: *photo of him smiling, full glass of wine in front of him* Everything is going great!
Tabloid B: *photo of him forlorn, empty glass of wine* Life is hard.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

a7m2 posted:

Not that it's hard to make Trump look dumpy

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Who What Now posted:

I'm sorry :ohdear: I was just posting. :(

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/GrahamAllen_1/status/1086020011901272075

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Step one: educate the guy who spoke about my child like this
Step two: security theater

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Well this guy is a treasure trove of hot takes

https://twitter.com/GrahamAllen_1/status/1085294969953370115

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Stupidity really is the perfect defense.

"The benefit of hiring is removed" what the gently caress does this even mean? Just reading that you know that discussing anything with this moron is a waste of time.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1086284404597710853

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

so which of these kids accidentally kills one of their siblings first

e: just looked at the picture again, deep :smith: for these children

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He didn't give the girl a gun. He's not even consistent.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

https://twitter.com/ArtHousePtx/sta...r%3D2085%23pti1

Avirosb has issued a correction as of 17:31 on Jan 18, 2019

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"hiring people is a net loss on income" says the capitalism understander

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

brugroffil posted:

so which of these kids accidentally kills one of their siblings first

e: just looked at the picture again, deep :smith: for these children

Maybe after the purity ball which, as far as I can tell, means they are man and wife.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

He didn't give the girl a gun. He's not even consistent.

I think it’s supposed to be that way. Men get guns to protect their women. That’s healthy right? Right?!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

the kickback of that shotgun would send that little kid into orbit lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

zegermans posted:

They're feudalists. Patronage for loyalty is their worldview. Not wages for profit.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

zegermans posted:

out of curiosity what is the % of people making more than 10 million a year who are running a business that they are directly paid the profits from

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ikanreed posted:

They're feudalists. Patronage for loyalty is their worldview. Not wages for profit.

Yeah its the end result of that whole "job creators" poo poo. We have now created this mythology where all of industry and the economy is a blessing from the few ubermensch who bless us with their wealth

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah its the end result of that whole "job creators" poo poo. We have now created this mythology where all of industry and the economy is a blessing from the few ubermensch who bless us with their wealth

The real thing that hums through my head is how many of the rich bastards also believe that

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ikanreed posted:

The real thing that hums through my head is how many of the rich bastards also believe that

Is it really that surprisingly that people with the power to seal out all criticism and self reflection would also be attracted to a mythology that suggests they are the bedrock of society

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Its like with objectivism, only two kinds of people are objectivists

a. rich people who want to stay rich
b. poor people who think they are only held back from wealth by taxes and regulation

Like, no one is an objectivist who also believes they would be at the middle or bottom of society. All objectivists intrinsically believe they would personally thrive in their ideal environment.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its like with objectivism, only two kinds of people are objectivists

a. rich people who want to stay rich
b. poor people who think they are only held back from wealth by taxes and regulation

Like, no one is an objectivist who also believes they would be at the middle or bottom of society. All objectivists intrinsically believe they would personally thrive in their ideal environment.

Sure but there's something extra hosed up about people still basically believing in feudalism

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ikanreed posted:

Sure but there's something extra hosed up about people still basically believing in feudalism

if the last few years have taught us anything its that brute authoritarianism is the natural state of the masses and democracy and liberalism must not be treated as accomplishments but as bulwarks that must be consistently maintained

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
"a republic, if you can keep it!"

Narrator: they couldn't

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

You can end sentences with prepositions. I give everyone permission as an English teacher.

Better yet, grammatical correctness is not as important as ideas.

Just because you think you speak English Ben, doesn't mean you know how to correct other people's grammar. Also you're racist.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Ben Shapiro, Hitler defender
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1086301380334272512?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Baby hitler was a baby.

Can't wait for tonight's

"Ben Shapiro SHREDS libthough with PURE UNCUT LOGIC" hilighting that little tautology.