Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Vandar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzA5YC-HlAY

They actually did make a video of him getting into bed once but I can't find it. Maybe it was a podcast video?

There WAS a video of Pat actually demonstrating his bed related insanity, but it was on a tumblr page that apparently either doesn't exist anymore or they got rid of the post.

Oxyclean posted:

Pat is at his best when he has silly energy / enthusiasm over stuff.

Eg
https://twitter.com/bandainamcono/status/1086218181340024832?s=21

That's loving amazing, holy poo poo. I would've had the same reaction as Pat if I had been playing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

too bad about Woolie's mech story, there's something neat there.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I got AC7 and when I heard a dog bark I got super excited

its even better complete

Like, when there are different camera angles its different jpegs of that dog

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That is so much better

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Captain Invictus posted:

That is so much better

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In the latest SloJo from Woolie he cowards out and swaps stands rather then taking the one he was given.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Speaking of No More Heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwRrrPJ5GVA

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Looks weird but Matt likes it so I guess it'll be fine. Hope a real NMH3 gets made.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
And now machinima is dead so those videos are gone. Guess no worries from that contract at least.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait when did machinima die

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Today, apparently. gently caress you, Machinima, you were poo poo since the very beginning and literally held your content creators hostage and of course you would go out with a middle finger extended.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What a bunch of petulant manchildren.

And I mean the corporate stooges, not the video makers they employed.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Thankfully there was a series of compilations of the SBF Machinima stuff completed just two days before everything got erased, so assuming it's a good compilation all the good stuff still exists :v:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Is It me or is Plauge really crap at listening?
He keeps picking up details wrong on Figure it out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The finale of liam's smash ultimate stream where he pours the entire box of weeks-old, stale mario cereal all over himself was a perfect sendoff

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Man this ZOE2 LP woolie is doing is rough.

This is a hype as gently caress game and they're extremely low energy, slowly sniping at things from long range, they keep getting lost and they're having trouble finding stuff to talk about.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ConanThe3rd posted:

He's crazy isolated, so yeah.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ConanThe3rd posted:

He has that internet disease where you think you're smarter than people when you're actually just a bad listener

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Improbable Lobster posted:

He has that internet disease where you think you're smarter than people when you're actually just a bad listener

Ah, the GB thread.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

My main problem with Matt’s attempts at those informative videos he’s been doing is he comes off more like a person that knows a few things from reading internet trivia than someone I want to listen to analyze things . I always had that problem with him when he talked about wrestling, because he always came off as someone that just watched botchamania and listened to some random wrestling podcasts rather than someone with any insight into all his random anecdotes.

I’m glad he’s trying to do what he likes but I hope he kind of weens off of that style of content sooner than later

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, the DidYouKnowGaming channel does pretty much the same thing you describe (reading internet trivia) and they're very successful

ArkOfTurus
Apr 23, 2008
The Machinima stuff is up on their Vimeo page if anyone is looking for it.

https://vimeo.com/sbfp

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ArkOfTurus posted:

The Machinima stuff is up on their Vimeo page if anyone is looking for it.

https://vimeo.com/sbfp

also the old website let watches

BABY RIDER!

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Oh hey, Duke Nukem Forever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL7HETVAiXY. That really takes me back. When that got announced for release for real there was a big ol' circle jerking thread for all the Duke Maniacs out there and disbelievers were thrown out and shouted down and Duke was god, hail to the king. Then the demo came out and it was like an elevator party just had its cable snap.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Part way through listening to that I thought "man, they're trying to make a comic not a book, it's not the same beast, Plague" then I remembered he does comics and got annoyed. There was a part they discussed that could be solved by remembering that thought bubbles are a thing in comics. Also they could shoot more for "show don't tell" and still be good. The biggest problems I heard were that it was a bit long for the amount of content they described and they've pinned over the project for so long they'd only accept nigh perfection, so they're basically hosed. I think every artist friend I have has a thing like this to some extent and they'll never, ever actually finish it cause they go all perfectionist mode on the drat thing and revise it forever, Plague has a good point about just setting a small goal and getting something made early on, more people need to do that.

Here's that imgur album they mentioned in case anyone didn't go looking for it and was curious: https://imgur.com/a/DhvWfRR

Name down the leg aside I think these are some pretty good designs actually. If they ever did get a comic published with this I'd probably buy a copy just for the mech designs.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Flubby posted:

Oh hey, Duke Nukem Forever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL7HETVAiXY. That really takes me back. When that got announced for release for real there was a big ol' circle jerking thread for all the Duke Maniacs out there and disbelievers were thrown out and shouted down and Duke was god, hail to the king. Then the demo came out and it was like an elevator party just had its cable snap.

Now that one had some actual meat to it.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Pat giving Hbomb a shoutout for his stream :unsmith:

Also I loving KNEW that he wouldn't be able to get all the way through the story without poo poo-talking the DS2 video.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Sanguinia posted:

That was really nice to hear

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Brightman posted:

Part way through listening to that I thought "man, they're trying to make a comic not a book, it's not the same beast, Plague" then I remembered he does comics and got annoyed. There was a part they discussed that could be solved by remembering that thought bubbles are a thing in comics. Also they could shoot more for "show don't tell" and still be good. The biggest problems I heard were that it was a bit long for the amount of content they described and they've pinned over the project for so long they'd only accept nigh perfection, so they're basically hosed. I think every artist friend I have has a thing like this to some extent and they'll never, ever actually finish it cause they go all perfectionist mode on the drat thing and revise it forever, Plague has a good point about just setting a small goal and getting something made early on, more people need to do that.

Here's that imgur album they mentioned in case anyone didn't go looking for it and was curious: https://imgur.com/a/DhvWfRR

Name down the leg aside I think these are some pretty good designs actually. If they ever did get a comic published with this I'd probably buy a copy just for the mech designs.

I don't follow the podcasts, never really been much my jam. Woolie did that art, or was that art done for him by someone else based on his descriptions?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyShinyPoultryMcaT

He's so tiny

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I need that segment on Fyre Festival for future viewing.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I don't follow the podcasts, never really been much my jam. Woolie did that art, or was that art done for him by someone else based on his descriptions?

Woolie did all but the last two that were done recently. He mentioned that in college when it started he made a 3D render of the cities and the mech which he was going to pose and trace over, then add more details for the comic. I believe they said Gantz was doing this at the time and u think the third image of the mech is either the render or made using it, I'm unsure.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

dwarvish

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, the Persona part of last week's podcast was actually pretty okay.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Also I loving KNEW that he wouldn't be able to get all the way through the story without poo poo-talking the DS2 video.

Paige also tweeted about it which is nice and something I was kind of relieved to see.

Also now that you fuckers brought up Matt's radio voice I cannot unhear it

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ConanThe3rd posted:

Plague is smarter than most people he interacts with. But that doesn't make him that smart. All three of the ex-best-friends are in a state of permanent befuddlement. I think this has made him a bit arrogant. Remember this is the guy who wants us all to understand that Bloodborne is a bad game because it is too fast paced for him personally. Guy is genuinely mad that people like it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Remember that Plague thinks fighting games are dunb because you have to do more than press a button to get a hadoken.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

he's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The only bad fighting game combos are ones that require you to reset the stick to neutral and I cannot think of many of those.