Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Sick and tired of the libs letting all the Mexican Muslims take over this great country (which I should definitely not have to pay taxes to)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Muslim saboteurs are known to dress in silly stereo typical middle eastern garb and leave behind pray rugs to sow fear in our hearts. Watch out guys.... dudes walking across a desert are gonna get cha

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

You gonna run with this one to its conclusion or stop giving these people the benefit of the doubt they no longer deserve?

I was just passing on something I heard on Howard Stern. Who plays clips of reporters and news anchors loving up words and saying cock, balls, oval office, etc, etc on air every week. So yea it’s not a stretch for me to think this was an honest worst case gently caress up.

As I said before, maybe he’s a racist and says it all the time or maybe it was the worst possible mistake at the worst time. I don’t know anything else about it, just what I heard on Stern.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
this was a hell of an infrastructure week, cant wait for the next one

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I remember Breitbart pushing this story years ago and using a discarded Adidas jersey as the evidence.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I don’t get how people still believe the Muslim terrorist from Mexico lie. If someone really wanted to come into our country, why would they arguably fly to Guatemala, walk 1500 miles from the Mexican Guatemalan border to Texas, only to head to a port of entry where there are border patrol agents. Spend weeks to months for an asylum claim to be verified before being let into the country.

Like some dude from the kingdom of Saud isn’t just going to buy a clean passport and fly in.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I don’t get how people still believe the Muslim terrorist from Mexico lie. If someone really wanted to come into our country, why would they arguably fly to Guatemala, walk 1500 miles from the Mexican Guatemalan border to Texas, only to head to a port of entry where there are border patrol agents. Spend weeks to months for an asylum claim to be verified before being let into the country.

Like some dude from the kingdom of Saud isn’t just going to buy a clean passport and fly in.

It's because they need to believe it or else many other things are lies

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
not shockingly, racists are loving stupid as hell and are incredibly gullible

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Reminds me when that clock kid got invited to the White House by Obama and my Father-in-Law for real thought it was a test by AQ/Isis to get someone into the White House and that Obama was dumb because he was falling for it. Was a real test of strength to not just bust out laughing at how loving dumb he was for believing that.

These idiots always think terrorism and whatever evil that exists are these convoluted plans and networks when the reality is much simpler and dumber.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I guess my question re:baby Hitler is when it becomes acceptable to kill him.

I mean obviously it's totally okay for him to starve and die or die from preventable diseases due to lack of a social safety net, but when is it okay to like shoot him or execute him.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Gotta say, all this talk about baby killing has got me craving a California cheeseburger.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

dscruffy1 posted:

I guess my question re:baby Hitler is when it becomes acceptable to kill him.

I mean obviously it's totally okay for him to starve and die or die from preventable diseases due to lack of a social safety net, but when is it okay to like shoot him or execute him.

As soon as the baby is positively identified as Hitler, killing it is the objectively right thing to do

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Handsome Ralph posted:

Reminds me when that clock kid got invited to the White House by Obama and my Father-in-Law for real thought it was a test by AQ/Isis to get someone into the White House and that Obama was dumb because he was falling for it. Was a real test of strength to not just bust out laughing at how loving dumb he was for believing that.

These idiots always think terrorism and whatever evil that exists are these convoluted plans and networks when the reality is much simpler and dumber.

The craziest thing about the clock kid was that I grew up with a similar suitcase full of poo poo like that to tinker with and can absolutely get why the kid thought it was neat even though it was just clock parts attached to the little suitcase thing. It's fun to rearrange poo poo and put it back together different but still working, if you're that kind of person.

Then again in my case it was the early/mid 90s and people hadn't gone full chud nor had household electronics gotten tremendously complicated so there was an abundance of electromechanical buttons that could be repurposed, you could be a little off on the voltage and it might make your LCD a little wonky but still workable etc.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

As soon as the baby is positively identified as Hitler, killing it is the objectively right thing to do

Just make sure the fascists don't trick you into killing a fellow liberal when you put down that 4th fascist policy.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mods changed my name posted:

not shockingly, racists are loving stupid as hell and are incredibly gullible

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

They just are bigoted against the perfidious generic brown person in general, nothing about the details needs to make sense. Egypt and Mexico are fundamentally the same thing to them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

aphid_licker posted:

They just are bigoted against the perfidious generic brown person in general, nothing about the details needs to make sense. Egypt and Mexico are fundamentally the same thing to them.

Do you remember the coptic Christians who nearly got lynched when they showed up to protest the new WTC prayer room

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I thought way too long about killing baby Hitler once, and it went in an odd direction. Ultimately Hitler alone wasn't solely responsible for the poo poo the Nazis did. We have to do something about Himmler, Goebbels, Mengele and all the other principal nazis too. Then there's the chaos of Weimar Germany, and how that lead to the political climate that gave birth to fascism. While we're at it we should do something about Moussolini and Stalin.

Basically killing baby Hitler doesn't fix enough. We gotta kill a whole lotta babies.

E: VVV him or Wilhelm II, which could be argued would reset WW1 (if you buy the "blank check" argument, WW1 had a lot of factors) But if you're going to kill babies, you got to go all the way.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 19, 2019

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Ok what if you go back and kill baby Bismarck instead?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

FrozenVent posted:

Ok what if you go back and kill baby Bismarck instead?

No, because Bismarck equitably resolved the Pig War

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

https://youtu.be/XNnkIdy307c

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1086395559504764930?s=19

DO IT YOU LIMP-DICKED TOAD-COCKED BITCH

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It's gonna be another Trump International Hotel Obama Birther moment.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

This is, what, the fifth time he's teased something that went nowhere since the shut down started?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/1086400760705835008?s=21

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Tryzzub posted:

this was a hell of an infrastructure week, cant wait for the next one

Where you’re going, you won’t need infrastructure.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lol calling it a humanitarian crisis after demonizing them for years. Get bent.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Bigly Strong President Tromp is either going to piss and moan that THE DEMOCRAT PARTY is being SO MEAN because they won’t let him build the WAHL and that’ll be it or he’s going to announce that he’s withdrawing from NAFTA, scrapping USMCA, closing all of the borders, suspending all international air traffic into the US and keeping the government shut down until Congress gives him money.

Hoping it’s the latter; chaos reigns :getin:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Looks like a very large nothing. They didn't even talk to Democrats.

https://twitter.com/MajorCBS/status/1086414564265246730

https://twitter.com/MajorCBS/status/1086415794316210176

The Thursday conversations were basically "YOU'RE THE SENATE, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST VOTE ON THE WALL" and McConnell making his dumb, aggravated Turtle face being mad that he has to deal with these idiots instead of taking healthcare from people.

Edit: Wow, the BuzzFeed article made the Special Counsel's office talk!

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1086419880025284608

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Bigly Strong President Tromp is either going to piss and moan that THE DEMOCRAT PARTY is being SO MEAN because they won’t let him build the WAHL and that’ll be it or he’s going to announce that he’s withdrawing from NAFTA, scrapping USMCA, closing all of the borders, suspending all international air traffic into the US and keeping the government shut down until Congress gives him money.

It's to announce the latest deal offer to house democrats drafted by the hydra of pence, kushner, and mcconnell as a way to attempt to capture the news cycle away from the womens march and canceled state of the union while also attempting to shift the blame to pelosi and schumer for being unwilling to compromise.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Edit: Wow, the BuzzFeed article made the Special Counsel's office talk!

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1086419880025284608

:stare: that’ll throw some cold water on a bunch of people.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Icon Of Sin posted:

:stare: that’ll throw some cold water on a bunch of people.

On the bright side they could be “not accurate” in the sense that some detail is wrong and the office just wants to work in peace. Or better still they’re “not accurate” in that it’s actually more damning than the article made it out to be!

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Stultus Maximus posted:

I remember Breitbart pushing this story years ago and using a discarded Adidas jersey as the evidence.

We should've taken those reports of Russian infiltration way more seriously IMO.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Well What Now posted:

We should've taken those reports of Russian infiltration way more seriously IMO.

lmao

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

M_Gargantua posted:

On the bright side they could be “not accurate” in the sense that some detail is wrong and the office just wants to work in peace. Or better still they’re “not accurate” in that it’s actually more damning than the article made it out to be!

Not accurate means that the report isn't 100% perfect. It doesn't mean it's wrong per se

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's to announce the latest deal offer to house democrats drafted by the hydra of pence, kushner, and mcconnell as a way to attempt to capture the news cycle away from the womens march and canceled state of the union while also attempting to shift the blame to pelosi and schumer for being unwilling to compromise.

Absolutely this. The TV people are saying things he doesn't like, have to control the news cycle and punch back at his enemies.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
They misspelled a word. Inaccurate!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Woof Blitzer posted:

They misspelled a word. Inaccurate!

But why would a spokesman comment just for that?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Stultus Maximus posted:

Possibly because it's all bullshit, possibly because it's accurate-ish, possibly because they just want the firestorm to die down.

The best analysis I've seen so far:

Former Federal Prosecutor
https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1086425430524116992

Child God-King of Journalism
https://twitter.com/RonanFarrow/status/1086425618802241536

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Stultus Maximus posted:

Have you heard of The art of war the deal by famous author sun tsu don tru? It talks about appearing weak when you’re actually strong and all that