Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
First Assassin's Creed game for me since literally the first one, which I did not like. Sounds like this is a completely different type of game though.

Your comments above are helpful,and I appreciate them. I tend to play games like this by completing every sidequest, rare creature, cave, etc... A friend who has a similar playstyle and just finished ACO said that he ran into the opposite problem, where he was actually above level most of the time, making things too easy. I'll give it a go and see how it shakes out. Thanks for the info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Doom Rooster posted:

First Assassin's Creed game for me since literally the first one, which I did not like. Sounds like this is a completely different type of game though.

Your comments above are helpful,and I appreciate them. I tend to play games like this by completing every sidequest, rare creature, cave, etc... A friend who has a similar playstyle and just finished ACO said that he ran into the opposite problem, where he was actually above level most of the time, making things too easy. I'll give it a go and see how it shakes out. Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I absolutely would not suggest that approach for this game. For all that I think much of the content is same-y, there is a lot of it. Trying to do everything will burn you out before you're even a quarter through.

Glad to have helped. I hope you'll find more enjoyment in it than I did, have fun.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Doom Rooster posted:

There is some level scaling in the game, with content trailing behind you from 0 to 4-ish levels (your choice). Add 5 levels of difficulty and you can tailor your experience quite a lot. I play with Hard level scaling (so everything is my level or higher) but Easy difficulty, so no HP sponges, for example.

Don’t be a crazy person and travel to every ? sign.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Origins added that as an optional setting, btw. Odyssey forces it, but Origins also has level scaling, you just need to switch it on manually. Might be worth telling your friend about that.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Cardiovorax posted:

Origins added that as an optional setting, btw. Odyssey forces it, but Origins also has level scaling, you just need to switch it on manually. Might be worth telling your friend about that.

They actually just patched Odyssey so you can fiddle with that as well. You can make the entire world scale with you so you never have a trivial area, but it doesn't scale down the higher level areas. There are a few scaling options now I believe.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Kruller posted:

They actually just patched Odyssey so you can fiddle with that as well. You can make the entire world scale with you so you never have a trivial area, but it doesn't scale down the higher level areas. There are a few scaling options now I believe.
That's nice to know, I basically haven't played the game at all since a week or so after it was released. I'm still not fond of the game at all, but maybe I'll give it another shot if they implement something like the Animus Console from Origins. That was an incredibly good idea that allowed you to make the game fresh again in a ton of ways.

I wish it supported mods better, honestly. Skyrim really needed mods to make it good, and Odyssey only needs them more.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I just finished 999: Nine Persons, Nine Hours, Nine Doors. How related is its story to the other two sequels? And the two sequels between themselves, are they related in any way?

I would just google this but I'll find a whole lot of spoilers I guess.

EDIT: VVVVV Ok, thanks guys! Guess I'll leave reading about 999 after I finish the other two, then.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 15, 2019

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Mystic Stylez posted:

Yes, you would. The only thing that I can tell you without revealing plot points is that there are repeat characters and that the plot of the sequels is even more loving insane than 999 was. I am not kidding, I was just shaking my head all the way through Zero Time Dilemma over how crazy and stupid it is.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Mystic Stylez posted:

I just finished 999: Nine Persons, Nine Hours, Nine Doors. How related is its story to the other two sequels? And the two sequels between themselves, are they related in any way?

They are direct sequels and continuations, though of the three games 999 can kind of exist on its own if need be.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Doom Rooster posted:

I finally picked up Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. What should I know going in?

I on the other hand love this game. Playing as Kassandra is recommended (but not essential). Enemies more than a level above you are too hard. The HUD can be customised but I'd recommend not getting rid of the obtrusive button guide until you have a feel for your adrenaline point decrease. All builds are viable and you can easily respec. Dismantle rather than sell unwanted blue and purple armour, you'll need lots of resources for your ship. Beeline the main quest to start with until you get to the spear forge.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It's probably better to hunt traders and such with your ship, because upgrading it takes hundreds of resources at a time and piracy is basically the only way to get that stuff in a reasonable timeframe.

Disassembling blues and purples is recommended in general, though. You want plenty of rare resources for inscriptions.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Also make sure to play the games in the right order because ZTD spoils the hell out of VLR.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Currently eyeballing Far Cry 5. My main question is this: what percentage of gametime can be spent with my doggy companion by my side?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Currently eyeballing Far Cry 5. My main question is this: what percentage of gametime can be spent with my doggy companion by my side?
Everything that isn't a story mission, minus about half an hour in the beginning. Since you get abducted about five times per region as part of the story progress, it's probably just around 75-ish percent or so.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Like 90% of the open world content and maybe 30% of the direct story stuff (hope you like waking up in basements naked)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

His name is Boomer. Just keep talking to folks in the initial farmland area with pretty boy Yes man. A bear is in the north with mind control militia man and a cougar is down southeast in the lsd river land. As soon as you are unleashed on the world you can go WHEREEVER.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
I just finished Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana and didn't see anything on the wiki about it, so a couple of things:

• There aren't a lot of missable items in the game world itself, but there are some missable things locked behind quests, which do have time limits a la some other Falcom games (Trails, for example). You're sent back to the quest board pretty often so if you get in the habit of checking it when you're back and doing quests when they're available you shouldn't miss any.
  • Once fishing unlocks get in the habit of checking out bodies of water for fish. There's a character who takes fish and gives you items in return in the village; I didn't notice them until mid-game but they show up early.
  • Also, certain characters are better at fishing than others, in a mostly-obvious way, so if you're having trouble with rare fish swap your characters around.
  • When you finish raids check with Dogi, he'll usually give you an item.
  • There are three 'elements' that characters can have, and for general exploring it's a good idea to have one of each. Bosses, however, generally don't have elemental weaknesses, and you get a 1.1x damage boost for having more than one of the same damage type in your party, so if you think you're about to fight a boss go ahead and swap in two of the same element if you have them. (Bosses are generally pretty well telegraphed.)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

KirbyKhan posted:

His name is Boomer. Just keep talking to folks in the initial farmland area with pretty boy Yes man. A bear is in the north with mind control militia man and a cougar is down southeast in the lsd river land. As soon as you are unleashed on the world you can go WHEREEVER.

Can you do bear and cougar all the time? I know the game isn't great buuuuuut....

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Taerkar posted:

Can you do bear and cougar all the time? I know the game isn't great buuuuuut....
You can get a perk that lets you use any two NPC tagalongs at once, so yes.

And Far Cry 5 really could've been a good game, if the main designer hadn't gone bonkers in the middle of development and started believing in his own cult. I'm really not usually one to let video game plots hold me back, but that one...

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I remain frustrated about it because I'm a total sucker for trudging through pretty wilderness doing open world Stuff and from what I've heard 5 might very well be the best at it but I also generally care about story in games, so welp.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Cardiovorax posted:

You can get a perk that lets you use any two NPC tagalongs at once, so yes.

And Far Cry 5 really could've been a good game, if the main designer hadn't gone bonkers in the middle of development and started believing in his own cult. I'm really not usually one to let video game plots hold me back, but that one...

It's a pretty good game except for the gawdawful writing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A summary for those of us too lazy to do research?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

PMush Perfect posted:

A summary for those of us too lazy to do research?

You're a rookie sheriff's deputy out in Buttfuck, Montana. You and the sheriff are accompanying a federal marshal to arrest Joseph Seed, the leader of a creepy cult called Project at Eden's Gate, which has the town divided; half the townsfolk are "Peggies", the other half despise them. Anyway, at the start you enter the compound and confront Seed, whom I mentally refer to as gently caress Face. gently caress Face has totally drank his own Kool-Aid; he's batshit crazy, ranting about the end of the world. You cuff him, but things soon go south and the Peggies capture your team, with you barely escaping. You can watch the intro here, it's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMSbd5OIiNA

Anyway, you spend the game tramping around Montana, killing Peggies and begin eaten by cougars (no not what you're thinking). You help townsfolk resist, get captured by and defeat three of Fuckface's lieutenants. The basic gameplay is pretty good, the gunplay is solid, driving around is fun, you can stealth it or kick down doors.

Then at the very end, you bust into gently caress Face's compound and capture him, and... A NUCLEAR WAR BREAKS OUT. gently caress Face really was right about the end of the world, and you just stopped the one guy who was preparing for it. Then he captures you, and has you trapped in a survivalist bunker, and the game fades to black with you presumably spending the next ten years being read Bible verse.

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 19, 2019

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Standard Far Cry "You Were The Bad Guy All Along" tripe. Go to Montana, fight apocalyptic cult inspired by real-world Montanan white supremacist groups, which mind-controls people with drugs and feeds parents to their own children. Big twist: They Were Right All Along and the game never lets you forget it, by way of making you sit through unskippable cutscenes of the villain-du-jour ranting at you five times apiece for each of the three regions. It rips you right out of whatever you were doing - for 30 minutes at a time - so that you can listen to the crazy and be told you're a bad person for not approving of the whole "torture, drugging and wanton murder" business.

Game ends with you tied to a bed in a basement while the villain tells you he owns you now.

It sucked. It would've been tolerable if the game had not been so insistent that you are supposed to pay attention to and love its garbage writing, but since you literally aren't allowed to ignore it, it's just unplayable altogether.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:stonklol:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That’s the bad ending and you can also go for the worse ending. Reunited with your sheriff unit you can go and confront the cult leader... and then decide to walk away from it all. As you drive away the sheriff shows his support for your decision as the other deputies argue WTF just happened. The radio starts playing “Only You” by The Platters. That is the song one of the cult members used to brainwash you, that is your trigger to kill people. You start looking at the other people in the car as they ask you if you are feeling alright. Fade to black.

Note that the nukes still were going to drop anyway and that the sheriff unit probably all died in that other ending as well.
Thus the crux of Far Cry 5’s endings: is it really a worse ending or are they equally bad?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jan 19, 2019

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Taerkar posted:

Cheeseburger and Peaches was my go to pair. Boomer barks a shitload and it gets annoying. Peaches is a stealth murder machine, and no one is going to notice you when a loving bear is eating their face.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

None of the Far Cry games are sequels to each other, I don’t know why Far Cry 5 was a springboard for Borderlands: RAGE - Fallout Montana.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Kruller posted:

Cheeseburger and Peaches was my go to pair. Boomer barks a shitload and it gets annoying. Peaches is a stealth murder machine, and no one is going to notice you when a loving bear is eating their face.

Not only that, but you will often be confronted with a hostage situation. The Peggie Fucks will kill the hostages if they see you or your human companions, but if you send in animal companions first they'll just think it's a random animal attack and not kill them.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Mystic Stylez posted:

EDIT: VVVVV Ok, thanks guys! Guess I'll leave reading about 999 after I finish the other two, then.

The sequels play off of each other a lot more than they necessarily do 999, VLR and ZTD feel more of a piece with one another.

ALSO ALSO ALSO if you are playing VLR (which you should it is amazing and great), you should play the PC version if it's something you can do. If you play the 3DS version, there is a nasty save bug that will nuke your file if you save in a few very specific wrong places. Without spoiling anything major, you don't want to save in the puzzle portions of the Crew Quarters or the PEC. These all got fixed along with some slight QoL changes for the Nonary Games version.

ZTD, on the other hand, can be kind of a buggy mess on the PC, which is the only version I've played. I'd get that one somewhere else if you can, but if you do get it on Steam, for the love of god do not launch the configure tool, it's a downward spiral of different kinds of not working as soon as you do.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Not sure if it's fitting the theme the wiki, but Resident Evil 4 does not have subtitles for spoken english dialogue so people who need/want them on will have trouble.

Mierenneuker posted:

That’s the bad ending and you can also go for the worse ending. Reunited with your sheriff unit you can go and confront the cult leader... and then decide to walk away from it all. As you drive away the sheriff shows his support for your decision as the other deputies argue WTF just happened. The radio starts playing “Only You” by The Platters. That is the song one of the cult members used to brainwash you, that is your trigger to kill people. You start looking at the other people in the car as they ask you if you are feeling alright. Fade to black.

Note that the nukes still were going to drop anyway and that the sheriff unit probably all died in that other ending as well.
Thus the crux of Far Cry 5’s endings: is it really a worse ending or are they equally bad?

They half assed the theming and screwed it all up. If they had just gone for the "ideal America vs bad america" angle that was the clear intention then it would have been pretty good. But they had no balls and decided on a weird centrism that says that we should just leave the murderous cult alone. So dumb.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I'm adding a page for the Fallout 1/2 inspired RPG Underrail.

Tips from a different thread included below. Chime in if you think any of this is wrong/misleading, as I have not played this game.

nerdz posted:

For some insane reason I decided to get back to Underrail, since a very large endgame expansion pack is coming soon and I erased my previous saves. The game can be extremely frustrating the first time around, but now that I know all of the game's pitfalls and how to avoid them and coming up with a better build based on my experience, it has been a much more rewarding experience. Just in case anyone decides to brave into this game I have a few tips that will probably make your first run a lot less frustrating. This is a long one, but par for the course with old school rpgs. I think the game deserves a chance.

First off: There's an easy mode now. Don't be ashamed to use it, the game IS hard and will punish you for not knowing stuff. I'm doing fine on normal now, but my first run would be a lot more palatable with the easy mode assists.

Regarding builds:
These are just basic guidelines since the game allows for a lot of builds and a lot of room for mistakes as well.

- Take a look at all perks you might be interested in and make sure you have the stats for them beforehand. You only get 6 stat points by leveling up, and in certain cases you'll want all of them in dexterity.

- Dexterity reduces the AP cost of certain attacks, and you can get the maximum possible reduction by starting with 10 dex, putting all points on dex and eating dex boosting food. If you want this, make sure to plan from the beginning since there's no respecs.

- The game has two skills for avoiding hits, dodge for melee and evade for ranged. It might feel like you should take them but completely ignore them, they suck. Their math is something like, if you have higher dodge skill than the enemy has melee, that difference is subtracted from 95% hit chance. What this means is that since you're always going to fight enemies with levels above you, they'll always have 95% hit chance no matter what you do unless you have insanely high specialization in them. PSI attacks ignore them completely. And since whenever you're immobilized or disabled your dodge and evade are set to 0, that's how you're going to die anyway. You're better off focusing on mitigating damage and disabling enemies instead.

- Stealth, hacking and lockpicking are non-negotiable. You gotta focus on stealth in this game to avoid fights, and this is a very important way to solve some plot issues. Hacking and lockpicking also pay for themselves with the extra XP you will find in locked areas.

- The highest hacking and lockpicking checks in the game are 135, no need to level them further than that. I believe the same applies for speech skills. DLC will have higher checks though.
- The highest crafting requirement in the game is 160 electronics, same applies here, and only if you're lucky to get max quality crafting items which are super rare and only available at endgame.

-Try to have just enough throwing skill to reliably hit flashbangs and other high damage grenades where you want them, they can really turn the tide of an encounter or give you an overwhelming starting advantage.

Regarding crafting:

- Crafting is super, super important. If you want to focus on other stuff, make sure to at least max out electronics, the one non-negotiable crafting skill, since it does way more than any other crafting skill. It will allow you to build super powerful shields early on that will completely negate most ranged attacks, way better than any you can buy from vendors. A good shield will go a looong way into making encounters more manageable. I recomend a medium frequency augmented with a low frequency for great coverage.

- You will definitely want the feat that allows you to craft items with more energy capacity. This turns your already powerful crafted shields into almost invincibilty for certain encounters that would normally one shot you. I usually tank constitution and even then it's hard for me to die against ranged enemies.

- Electronics will also allow you to build a taser, which you can't get any other way and it's one of the best items in the game. A low cooldown guaranteed stun with 100% hit chance that will also guarantee 95% hits for the rest of the turn and the enemy loses the turn. It's one of the only ways to disable mechanic enemies.

- Adding to that, with electronics you'll be able to create cloaking devices that can bump your stealth skill high enough to access some areas that shouldn't be accessible without fighting and pissing off friendly factions.

Regarding the plot:

I'll have to spoil some plot points here but the game punishes you for not figuring them out beforehand, so trust me on these.

- Only take the psi enabling drug if you're going to use psi attacks. It will reduce your HP by a large margin.

- Whenever you take a job at any of the companies in core city, you can't work with the other ones. Make sure you choose the one you want.

- You trigger the point of no return by finishing quests at the university and choosing a position with the leader. The earthquake signals the PONR. Only finish this once you're done with everything else, you don't want to go there underleveled. You are not warned in any way and it really takes you by surprise.

- Do not ever kill a single faceless in the game. It might not look like it at first, but you can avoid all combat with them by using other means. If you make hostile decisions against them, they'll turn on you on the moment it will hurt you the most in the game, the point of no return.

- The point of no return is huge. It's about 25% of the entire game, is way harder, your resources are limited and some enemies respawn constantly. Only go when you have a surplus of resources. This is why you don't piss off the faceless. If they are your enemies here they will be defending most of the resources in this area and they're harder than anything in the game.

- There's a not very obvious mechanic to avoid the infinitely respawning enemies in the PONR, as well as a quest that makes a lot easier to avoid them. You have to avoid the debuff status, which you can do by entering the hatches littered around the map. If the debuff reaches the maximum amount of stacks, enemies start spawning constantly.

I guess this is it. If you ever think about getting into this game, these will probably make the game a lot easier to handle. It's for sure one of my favorite underrated games ever, even with all the obtuseness. I love games where you can be a thieving rear end in a top hat (like Arcanum) and just break in houses and loot containers and boy, this game has it. Experience is gained by finding XP items, so you can even avoid a lot of combat and still get good XP (enemies also drop them, but aren't farmable). It's also a rare breed of RPG these days, with a single playable character since almost all new oldschool games are balanced for parties.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Anything for Far Cry Primal, especially with regards to progression? Do I need to beeline the plot to get the fun abilities?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

quote:

Anything for Far Cry Primal, especially with regards to progression? Do I need to beeline the plot to get the fun abilities?
Yeah, if you want your spy bird or your animal taming, you need to do story missions. Conquering camps and doing NPC sidequests will give you access to further perks and/or new crafting recipes. Primal has probably the most extensive crafting list and skill system in the series, so it's worth taking the time to make the most of it.

The other Primal-specific thing worth knowing is that it has probably the best audio direction of any game in the Far Cry series. You can tell an incredible amount about what's going on around you just by listening to audio cues. Animal noises, rustling in the underwood, sudden silences, it's basically as good as a minimap for telling you where creatures or people are in relation to you. Learn what the cues mean and pay attention and you're basically never going to get surprised or blind-sided by anything.

Billy_Delicious
Sep 3, 2018
Not a huge entry on the wiki, anything I need to know about Nioh? In the first fishing village right now and seems pretty decent.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I know the World of Final Fantasy entry is already pretty long, but here's a couple things I think are very important to keep in mind when playing -

1. In the View Abilities screen green abilities only work for the mirage they belong to, while those in grey will work for all that mirage's transfiguration line. For instance, Stroll is in green, so will only be available to a Chocochick in its Chocochick form, but say an HP+ in grey will also boost its HP when it's in Chocobo form (though not in Black Chocochick form since that's on a different line). When checking a Mirage Board you can tell what abilities are green because on the board they have a white circle around them.

2. It's good to switch a mirage between transfiguration lines (ie the Mu line and the Reaver Mu line) and work on their mirage boards as well because even though different lines don't boost each other directly, they both add to that mirage's Sync Rate, which at set points boosts the mirage's stats. There's no reason not to, since different lines also each have their own SP pool to spend on abilities.

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 20, 2019

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Billy_Delicious posted:

Not a huge entry on the wiki, anything I need to know about Nioh? In the first fishing village right now and seems pretty decent.

The wiki covers it pretty well. If you're coming from Souls games, loot is far more important than it is in Souls so be looking for upgraded gear. If you get to a boss you can't beat because you're getting hammered too hard, you may need to back out of the mission and go farm levels or gear (you get the item that lets you leave missions in a side area of that first fishing village mission). You might also just need to swap your gear around to defend against what the boss is doing. It's often fairly obvious which it is. There are no instant-kill chest mimics like in the Soul series, though there is a mechanic you'll run into that sort of takes their place. You'll probably understand it once you run into your first one, just don't be afraid to approach chests.

Beyond that, enjoy it. Nioh is a pretty fun game.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Zaodai posted:

The wiki covers it pretty well. If you're coming from Souls games, loot is far more important than it is in Souls so be looking for upgraded gear.
This really can't be overstated. Nioh has a gameplay loop that is more like a Diablo clone than a Dark Souls clone. Do not get too attached to your stuff, because will be constantly replacing, improving and reforging your gear just to keep up with the difficulty curve. There are even two additional game modes that are essentially Nightmare and Hell difficulties, with correspondingly improved item and gear drops. Weapon and armor drops are ubiquitous and not attached to specific enemies as they are in Dark Souls. You basically get anything from anyone.

If you ever get attached to the appearance of any particular thing, there is the option to copy it to a different item, even of a completely different class. You can run around in cloth shirts that look like plate armor, if that suits your fancy.

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009
Is there anything useful I should know before I jump into Deserts of Kharak?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It's a pretty bog-standard topdown RTS with nothing much in the way of unique mechanics. There isn't really anything special to know short of giving outright spoilers and hints for the campaign. If you've played any RTS at all since the original Warcraft, you can probably figure it all out in five minutes.