Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Noxville posted:

I randomly caught a shiny wingull! Man that is a low-effort shiny.
Honestly Wingull is one of my favourite shinies. It's obviously different from a normal Wingull by having green "trim" instead of blue, but it's not garishly so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Make 15 nice throws
Make 10 great throws

Probably not going to complete as much research as I’d like then

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Noxville posted:

Make 15 nice throws
Make 10 great throws

Probably not going to complete as much research as I’d like then
*shrug* Excellent and great throws still count as "nice" (and excellent as great) for these purpose of the quest. And at least it's not those awful "in a row" ones.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Raided a Groudon and caught it with the last ball of 11 tonight, thought it was going to run like the Kyogre at the same gym yesterday. Might get another go tomorrow.

Still on the hunt for a Cubone.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jan 19, 2019

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Shiny feebas not guaranteed from certain research, says Reddit. All random.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Cowslips Warren posted:

Shiny feebas not guaranteed from certain research, says Reddit. All random.

Event just ended here so can confirm. Completely random. Our raid group barely caught any at all. Also there seemed to spawn a lot less other mons so you actually had to walk a poo poo load to find enough mons to complete quests.

Worst event ever.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah, event was pretty rubbish, 3 hours was not enough time for what they want you to do and hardly anyone got one.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

I completed 53 Feebas quests without a shiny. Meanwhile spoke to one guy who didn’t realise there was an event on until he picked up a Feebas quest and got a shiny first time. RNG :argh:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Yeah someone in my local discord got none out of 55 quests. I got none out of 16. Meh.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Completed pretty much every research I found, finally got my one and only shiny 6 minutes before the event ended, naturally it was the worst Feebas of the lot.

I feel like I've just been pranked by Niantic.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Wow this looks super disappointing. Kid loves milotic though so we're giving it a shot anyway. Somehow they managed to take what could have been a fun event and then suck the fun out of each part

Quests too tedious
Lower spawn rate
Lower shiny rate
All for a non meta relevant Pokemon that also requires 20km of walking to evolve

Did they not realize the rate had to be higher than CD, since people will hit many less stops than the number of Pokemon clicked on a community day?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
What, there was an event?

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Wheany posted:

What, there was an event?

That's debatable.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Welp this blows. At least I can hit one park and then wander around for my EX raid. No point in getting to a place with 20 stops for this crap.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
:laffo:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oh snap that Feebas event thing is today?!

There's a loving blizzard moving in today so ahahahaha yeah :rip: that. I'm kinda glad the event turned out to be garbo because there's no way I could spin more than 1 Stop today. The event starts right around when the blizzard is supposed to be at its worst!

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Yeah nah not today

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Isn’t it that temp all year round? I’m an ignorant American and only know about Canada from the movies.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The temperature is only going to be warm rather than hot when the event is on here, at *checks calculator* 92 fahrenheiters, so I think I'll head out and wander around a bit, see if anything happens. Hat and sunscreen of course, because the UV rating is again at "You didn't want kids anyway"

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm in downtown Cleveland and I haven't seen a single Feebas on the radar and the research quests suck.

Worst event yet.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

LochNessMonster posted:

Event just ended here so can confirm. Completely random. Our raid group barely caught any at all. Also there seemed to spawn a lot less other mons so you actually had to walk a poo poo load to find enough mons to complete quests.

Worst event ever.
I’m having the same issue. Even with incense up almost nothing is spawning.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

NZAmoeba posted:

Yeah nah not today

:canada::hf::canada:

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Got one shiny Feebas for my fiancée which she wants to trade to me since I did all the walking :getin:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

FistEnergy posted:

I'm in downtown Cleveland and I haven't seen a single Feebas on the radar and the research quests suck.

Worst event yet.

Yeah no one gave a poo poo about the Feebas event. But we had enough for three raids for the Groudon and Kyogre that spawned downtown.

2/2 on both so far! Now that I’m into paid raid passes I won’t waste any more on Groudon though.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
First research task was a shiny feebas. Quit right after. Best day ever.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Glad I didn't bother with this one. I work the graveyard shift, so I almost tried to schedule my sleep so I could be awake for the event, 'cause a Shiny Milotic would be pretty rad, but everything I was reading about this event beforehand made it sound like garbage.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Any one of the changes from squirtle day might have been ok if they wanted it to be even slightly difficult but doing all the changes at once just ....nah. bad research with a bad spawn rate and bad shiny rate is too much.

caught a bunch of not-feebas, saw zero wild ones like most of you, no shinies, but as soon as i walk another kilometer I have 3 research tasks completed for my weekly. that's the best part of the day since I was out of those :v:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Ok I got 1 shiny so I'm good

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Psion posted:

caught a bunch of not-feebas, saw zero wild ones like most of you

FistEnergy posted:

I'm in downtown Cleveland and I haven't seen a single Feebas on the radar

To be fair they only ever said Feebas would be linked to research tasks today, not that there would be any more wild spawn of them.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

3 shinies out of 17. I’m satisfied.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

One shiny out of 23 tasks, with two more tasks banked for the next couple of days. There didn't seem to be much success from many others on my local raiding Discord, but I think a bunch of people were prepared for that after hearing about the low shiny rate from everyone reporting on it when the event was active in Europe.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Did a bunch of tasks in an hour by furiously walking around like a crazy person. No shinies popped. Then as I'm leaving my eggs hatch and the last task I have gave a shiny. 4 minutes before the event ended. Thank you rng.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

No shinies out of 25 tasks, also it snowed 8 inches today and was fairly cold. But I did get a shiny Groudon, and if I could name it gently caress Feebas I would. It's my new buddy.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
http://imgur.com/a/6W7jYug

Last task. A pretty awful event, I was the only one in the group who even got one. No 100s either.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Had a 100% from non-event research and got my thanos fish so I'm good. poo poo event, can't wait for Niantic to keep doing this

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

OgreNoah posted:

No shinies out of 25 tasks, also it snowed 8 inches today and was fairly cold. But I did get a shiny Groudon, and if I could name it gently caress Feebas I would. It's my new buddy.

You can use ümlauts to get by that

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Paul.Power posted:

Honestly Wingull is one of my favourite shinies. It's obviously different from a normal Wingull by having green "trim" instead of blue, but it's not garishly so.

Agreed. Shiny wingull is very pretty and elegant in it's simplicity.

Hi thread.

I caught a shiny feebas (out of ?) then proceeded to an EX raid where I got my first Deoxys-A (although with a garbage attack iv). We convinced our raid group to walk over to the nearby Groudon raid, where I got a shiny. Then afterwards I got another shiny feebas. Typing this from a Jamaican restaurant sitting at the bar drinking painkillers.

So I had some ok luck today.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I got one shiny fish after two hours of walking, which I'm ok with. About 3/4 of the people in my local group got one shiny. One dude got 3 shiny Feebas and a shiny Shuppet, which is just an insane amount of RNG luck.

I also battled two groudon, but only caught one. Seeing as the one I caught was 98%, I'm ok with that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
20ish tasks and no shiny. One person on our discord got three, but it seems like most everyone didn't get a single one. Not a good event. Did get a shiny Groudon though so that's cool. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Three Shiny Feebas. Not sure how much research I did.