Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i thought a majority of household purchasing decisions are made by women though?

presumably not those pertaining to men's shaving equipment specifically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

V. Illych L. posted:

presumably not those pertaining to men's shaving equipment specifically

Can you really be considered a man when you shave off your beard, though? :thunk:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Randler posted:

Can you really be considered a man when you shave off your beard, though? :thunk:

for gillette's sake, one would hope so

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y22PZjPRNI

such a good movie

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Randler posted:

apostate yes, man no

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmFnarFSj_U

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

avshalemon posted:

i'm starting a zoo

you are a zoo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

His new designs weird, but the swords cool

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
GoJM, is "Tsukihime is a stupid Visual Novel vampire anime" an accurate representation?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Randler posted:

GoJM, is "Tsukihime is a stupid Visual Novel vampire anime" an accurate representation?

yes, but it's redundant to describe a visual novel as stupid

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
ok that was mean. i'm sure there must be a good visual novel out there somewhere

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

ok that was mean. i'm sure there must be a good visual novel out there somewhere

Pyre

Higurashi, Umineko, and House in Fata Morgana if your're a ~weeb~

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Maybe VN look good by comparion once the "Make a VN into an anime" trend gets replaced by "Let's make anime based on *chan pastas".

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Alternative, maybe Vampire Hunter D is the legendary good VN? I don't know, but the second anime almost was good enough to no longer be considered anime.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Maybe VN look good by comparion once the "Make a VN into an anime" trend gets replaced by "Let's make anime based on *chan pastas".

i see you haven't heard about chan-made VNs gone mainstream-ish

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

You told me Steins;Gate was a good one. I trusted you gojm. :(

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

your taste is anime rivals trumps culinary preferences if you honestly diss steins;gate

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

your taste is anime rivals trumps culinary preferences if you honestly diss steins;gate

So its actually good then, right? Cause I remember gojm suggesting it to me once so I bought it during the Steam winter sale. His comment on VNs made me think he was just messing with me at the time and not sincere is all.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

So its actually good then, right? Cause I remember gojm suggesting it to me once so I bought it during the Steam winter sale. His comment on VNs made me think he was just messing with me at the time and not sincere is all.

yeah its v good

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

how are things in latvia? eastern europe is the one part of the world we're not getting any news out of at the moment, i like to think no news is good news but

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

avshalemon posted:

how are things in latvia? eastern europe is the one part of the world we're not getting any news out of at the moment, i like to think no news is good news but

business as usual. russia talks about peaceful annexation of belarus, czech dude set himself on fire to commemorate protest of soviet occupation, estonia and latvia are in the focus of literally everyone and everything for massive money laundering and terrorism financing violations, and a polish town major got killed during charity drive by dude he argued with on twitter.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

avshalemon posted:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

mexican food in latvia

Also something about 23% of Latvians being at risk of falling into poverty and a bunch of former KGB agents being outed recently.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Also something about 23% of Latvians being at risk of falling into poverty and a bunch of former KGB agents being outed recently.

every unemployed pensioner is basically in poverty, yes. as for kgb, we finally made some of their archives public so there was reported a suddenly spike of interest in legally proving that one wasn’t a collaborator :thunk:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Most of my Latvia news comes from my weird neighbour or one of my coworkers so its not always the whole story. I know the KGB thing is suspected to be a tactic to sow dissent by some people but I dont know the scale to which that point is taken.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

steins;gate is good but probably gojm remembers it more as an anime then a VN

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

cinci zoo sniper posted:

business as usual. russia talks about peaceful annexation of belarus, czech dude set himself on fire to commemorate protest of soviet occupation, estonia and latvia are in the focus of literally everyone and everything for massive money laundering and terrorism financing violations, and a polish town major got killed during charity drive by dude he argued with on twitter.
what group did you finance

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

avshalemon posted:

what group did you finance

best korea i think, along the lines.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i took my mother to a downtown bar and they gave her a free drink for being an adorable old lady

Furnaceface posted:

maybe i was drunk or this was someone else? i honestly don't have an opinion on the steins;gate visual novel, as visual novels aren't my bag

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i should have read the thread

double edit:

mandatory lesbian posted:

steins;gate is good but probably gojm remembers it more as an anime then a VN

this sounds about right

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Better safe than sorry, so I recommend skipping anything with Gate in the title.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
:rip: Generation X, too radly named for their own good

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i thought what they're calling the silent generation was known in america as the greatest generation????

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
The Greatest Generation fought World War II and lived through the depression.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
We fought in several wars for over a decade and had the biggest financial crisis since the great depression right when we entered the work force, but by all means gen x, tell me all about the horrors of grenada.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Replacing our bathroom faucet for the last 3 hours and I have never sworn so much in my life. Never buy a pedestal sink, everyone, and if you buy a place with one then destroy it immediately.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

V. Illych L. posted:

i thought what they're calling the silent generation was known in america as the greatest generation????

before the silent generation you had the greatest generation, then before them the lost generation

so it goes lost > greatest > silent > boomers > x > millenial > postmillenial

the silent generation is supposedly defined as the people who were too young to serve in ww2 and were young adults becoming older adults during the social upheaval of the 60's, so everyone who was already in their thirties/forties when the young hippies were a thing. MLK is a silent generation, as are the beat poets and the beatles. also bernie sanders. everyone who would be in their 70s or 80s today

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
this hbomberguy twitch stream is incredible lol. real gamemaster anthony's party poo poo