Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

RE5 is such a drop in quality from 4 that it's insane. It's sooooo bad

It’s definitely a drop but it’s not a bad game. The Wesker stuff alone redeems the bad stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The first Resident Evil Revelations was a really good balance of the RE4 gameplay and the classic winding corridors layout and every enemy is a threat feeling the first games had. In a lot of ways it matches up with the Resident Evil 2 remake coming out. Revelations 2 is pretty meh though as it cribs the RE5 and 6 style of having a partner you switch back and forth with

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Rev 2 actually owns bones and I won't stand for anyone saying otherwise.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

LethalGeek posted:

New Diablo season and a 3 day weekend means so much couch co-op :cheers:

Thanks for figuring out what to do with my weekend

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s definitely a drop but it’s not a bad game. The Wesker stuff alone redeems the bad stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xuXkVzBdJQ

I wish Chris Redfield punching a boulder was incorporated into Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Did the new versions keep the typos? You’re right hand comes off and all that?
Also do you remember how you spend a good chunk of time in a castle that had a lava room and a subway system and a giant mechanical statue that gave chase to you

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

LethalGeek posted:

New Diablo season and a 3 day weekend means so much couch co-op :cheers:

This + massive blizzard = insanely same

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Anyone seen anything more specific on Slay the Spire's port beyond "early 2019"? Trying it on Steam after it got mentioned in another thread and liked it but it seems :siren: perfect for Switch and don't really mind waiting if it's around baseball season when my Switch spends a lot more time in my hands so I might just refund it. e: just one more turn'ed myself past two hours so I'm keeping it but still curious, could see myself double-dipping

"Early Access" for PC ends next week and the game will be in full release. It showed up on nintendo's site a few days ago as a Switch title. I'm guessing it will be out in the next month or so.

In the mean time, absolutely play the PC version and then play the PC version with mods. The mods are really good especially some of the new class ones.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I actually like 5 more than 4 gameplay wise, as it’s just 4 but more refined.

It is insanely racist tho

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I actually like 5 more than 4 gameplay wise, as it’s just 4 but more refined.

It is insanely racist tho

Does 5 ever comment on the local population or is just just zombie spear chuckers I can't even remember the story.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

JBP posted:

Does 5 ever comment on the local population or is just just zombie spear chuckers I can't even remember the story.

They say the virus makes them revert to the ways of their ancestors.

It’s really weird, it’s an explanation that just makes things worse really.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The first Resident Evil Revelations was a really good balance of the RE4 gameplay and the classic winding corridors layout and every enemy is a threat feeling the first games had. In a lot of ways it matches up with the Resident Evil 2 remake coming out. Revelations 2 is pretty meh though as it cribs the RE5 and 6 style of having a partner you switch back and forth with

rev 2 introduces moira burton and reintroduces barry burton so it owns

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

man nurse posted:

Rev 2 actually owns bones and I won't stand for anyone saying otherwise.
Yeah. Raid mode after you finish the story is most of what you play in Rev 2 and it's fantastic.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I really really like 5 except the humvee levels and the one hit kill enemies but if you arent playing coop your first playthrough will suffer from not being able to tell sheva what she should be doing so you kind of juggle her inventory to get her to do stuff you want.

Then in NG+ you give her an infinite ammo magnum and she plays the whole game for you

RME
Feb 20, 2012

RE5 is one of the best coop games ever made

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

They say the virus makes them revert to the ways of their ancestors.

It’s really weird, it’s an explanation that just makes things worse really.

lol I do not remember this

Barudak
May 7, 2007

JBP posted:

lol I do not remember this

Its in a file in the literal Spear Chucking Village and boooooooooooy howdy does that sort of sour everything

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Barudak posted:

Its in a file in the literal Spear Chucking Village and boooooooooooy howdy does that sort of sour everything

They probably did this just as an excuse to have tribal enemies and didn’t think about the racist optics. Pretty stupid.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

They probably did this just as an excuse to have tribal enemies and didn’t think about the racist optics. Pretty stupid.

They could have just gone "this tribe of people got infected when their water supply was tainted". Instead they invented a statement that africans have genetic memory to chuck spears when say the spaniards in 4 do absolutely no such thing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

as a mexican i can assure you that that's only because spaniards cannot be any more uncivilized and bloodthirsty than they already are

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I don’t know how much it’s been discussed, but the Onimusha port for Switch absolutely owns and is very good survival horror for $20. Also the fact that you can play without tank controls absolutely makes it feel like a modern game, which is nuts because this came out in 2000/2001.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lawlicaust posted:

"Early Access" for PC ends next week and the game will be in full release. It showed up on nintendo's site a few days ago as a Switch title. I'm guessing it will be out in the next month or so.

In the mean time, absolutely play the PC version and then play the PC version with mods. The mods are really good especially some of the new class ones.
Sounds good, will probably grab it on Switch too. Very fun but could use a few more classes (mostly I just suck at it).

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
New Tristram uses the original Diablo Tristram theme this season and that tune is still so good oh my god

Edit: It's apparently the theme for the base in all acts, hell yes

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 19, 2019

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I know the Zelda games aren't really known for being cheery in their plots, but man I just got through the opening of Breath of the Wild and that is loving bleak.

also was I supposed to find some cold-weather gear somewhere? because I just ran through the mountains chomping mushrooms and peppers to avoid death, occasionally lighting a club on fire.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

morallyobjected posted:

I know the Zelda games aren't really known for being cheery in their plots, but man I just got through the opening of Breath of the Wild and that is loving bleak.

also was I supposed to find some cold-weather gear somewhere? because I just ran through the mountains chomping mushrooms and peppers to avoid death, occasionally lighting a club on fire.

Paraglider bro has a shirt if you cook something (I think) but you can pick it up later. Cooking is fine to get through the mountain anyway.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

morallyobjected posted:

If you cook the mushrooms and peppers together you can stay warm for pretty much the whole time you're there. Otherwise you can sprint between fires. You can get warm clothes but you have to gently caress around gathering ingredients for a while.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
maybe a dumb question but how do you cook things? I found a couple fires that some bobokins were cooking meat at, but at fires I just have the option to sit. is the option in the inventory menu or something?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

morallyobjected posted:

maybe a dumb question but how do you cook things? I found a couple fires that some bobokins were cooking meat at, but at fires I just have the option to sit. is the option in the inventory menu or something?

Yeah it's not really explained well. You have to select individual ingredients in the menu, hold them, pick up to five for a recipe and drop them into a lit pot (not just a fire).

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

morallyobjected posted:

*edit* Beaten to it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

bloodysabbath posted:

I don’t know how much it’s been discussed, but the Onimusha port for Switch absolutely owns and is very good survival horror for $20. Also the fact that you can play without tank controls absolutely makes it feel like a modern game, which is nuts because this came out in 2000/2001.

They make it way too easy but I'm okay with that

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Another thing to pile onto do not buy YIIK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UIcy86Pbmg

:yikes:

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

morallyobjected posted:

If you find the cold weather gear you find the cold weather gear or if you don't you figure out another way to do the thing you want to do. That is the game.

After I was done with BotW I went back and watched videos of how other people solved the same puzzles I solved. Some of them I solved so differently it was hilarious. Highly recommend you do this once you're done.

KingEup fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jan 19, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission comes out on April 5th. Here's the boxart

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Ragequit posted:

New Tristram uses the original Diablo Tristram theme this season and that tune is still so good oh my god

Edit: It's apparently the theme for the base in all acts, hell yes

Make sure you do the Darkening of Tristram event dungeon, ideally with a brand new level 1 character. You can start in adventure mode and port right to the portal to it in Act 1, marked by a pentagram. Port there and head south. The graphics will "degrade" and there is a 16-level dungeon with all the old school mob names and stuff. It's rad.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
What given armor set has the most fun build this season?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

What a service! Nintendo has sent me a notification that the prices in my region will be re-adjusted and will go up in a couple of days.

I guess I'm doing some WiiU and 3DS shopping.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

So I made the mistake of trying out the Octopath Traveler demo and uh... turns out it’s real good

How often does this game go on sale? :shepspends:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Scrap Dragon posted:

So I made the mistake of trying out the Octopath Traveler demo and uh... turns out it’s real good

It's starting to turn up in physical and digital sales in the $40 range at about the rate you'd expect for how old it is, i.e. you might be waiting a month or two but it'll get there if you're looking.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Scrap Dragon posted:

It's just been, at least in Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

SelenicMartian posted:

It's just been, at least in Europe.

Was 25% off on Australian Nintendo store recently too so I'd assume it will be going cheap/er in store or online again at some stage.