Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Paid $48 for Vesperia with a couple gold coins I have no control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The first Resident Evil Revelations was a really good balance of the RE4 gameplay and the classic winding corridors layout and every enemy is a threat feeling the first games had. In a lot of ways it matches up with the Resident Evil 2 remake coming out. Revelations 2 is pretty meh though as it cribs the RE5 and 6 style of having a partner you switch back and forth with

Did they ever patch the Switch version to allow inverted Y axis analog stick with normal Y axis gyro aiming? Like how Splatoon does it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Fun Times! posted:

Paid $48 for Vesperia with a couple gold coins I have no control

It's fun and good

BrotherFish
Jul 25, 2007
Just got a switch. I travel a bunch for work. Curious if anyone has any recommendations for a reliable usb-c adapter so I can use the switch on hotel TVs without needing to bring the dock.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

BrotherFish posted:

Just got a switch. I travel a bunch for work. Curious if anyone has any recommendations for a reliable usb-c adapter so I can use the switch on hotel TVs without needing to bring the dock.

You've done it. You asked about a travel solution that doesn't involve bringing the dock. I don't have an answer for you, but buckle up and be ready for people not understanding why you don't want to bring the dock with you!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The “All Software” menu is a list of every game I have a license for right? I’m redownloding the things I had to delete before I got the bigger card

BrotherFish
Jul 25, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

You've done it. You asked about a travel solution that doesn't involve bringing the dock. I don't have an answer for you, but buckle up and be ready for people not understanding why you don't want to bring the dock with you!

Ha! Well to pre-explain. The dock is bulky and takes up more space than I’d like in my suitcase. But more importantly I have the dock all setup with my tv at home. Having to disconnect it and pack it up when I travel would be a frequent pain.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

BrotherFish posted:

Buy another dock and toss it in your suitcase.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

BrotherFish posted:

I use my iPad adapter with a usb-c cable I stole from my returned pixel phone. I’ve also used my laptop to charge my Switch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Due to USB C fuckery, third party docks have a good chance of permanently bricking your Switch. Don't use them unless you want to destroy your system.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

BrotherFish posted:

You won't be able to play the Switch on a TV without the dock. At that point you just treat it like a handheld.

Any USB-C cable should work fine. I just picked one up from Best Buy to use as a travel charger and it works fine. The dicey thing is the third party docks. Cables are generally fine. A charger cable for a phone that takes USB-C would be fine, for example.

Also couldn't you also use the A/C adapter that came with the Switch? Or does that fall under being too much of a pain to disconnect?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Detective No. 27 posted:

Due to USB C fuckery, third party docks have a good chance of permanently bricking your Switch. Don't use them unless you want to destroy your system.

Less bricking more just short-circuiting. Bricking is something else altogether.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Yeah, any 3P solution that outputs to a TV is prone to serious power delivery problems that can destroy your system.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Does the official Nintendo extra dock ever go on sale?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Bricking happens when the switch updates on a bad dock. Hopefully the jumpgate people aren't lying, it should be here soon, got the shipping notice last week.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Look Sir Droids posted:

Does the official Nintendo extra dock ever go on sale?

I have seen them as low as $60, which I guess is fine since it comes with an AC adapter, which is already $30 by itself.

BrotherFish
Jul 25, 2007

Takoluka posted:

I have seen them as low as $60, which I guess is fine since it comes with an AC adapter, which is already $30 by itself.

I can live with the bulkiness if buying a spare dock set is the only reliable option. $60 would be pretty reasonable. Just seems weird that dock is so hard to replace safely. The jumpgate option looks neat. Might wait to hear how those turn out when/if they ship.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

BrotherFish posted:

The only 100% safe way to do this is to get a new smaller plastic shell for your existing dock and move the circuit board from your dock into that.

An example

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What Wii U ports are left?

Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Wonderful 101
Super Mario 3d World
Pikmin 3

That's it for the exclusives, isn't it? At least the ones that are worthwhile.

I can see a Pikmin trilogy coming out.
SM3dW will probably happen, assuming they can work out the blowing & touch mechanics. That's the only real sticking point.
W101 I could see happening because Platinum wants to put it on Switch. Seems almost a foregone conclusion.
TMS...I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't get ported. It's pretty niche.

The other two that I can think of are Yoshi and Kirby. But I doubt either will get ported.

A lot of people will say Super Mario Maker. I don't think it will happen. Maybe a new version, but not a straight port. And if it does come, they need to hire someone to curate all the constant crap that gets uploaded. I saw somewhere that more than 99% of uploaded levels were a waste of time due to being a gimmick, garbage, or just boring.

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?
super luigi u is so good.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Waltzing Along posted:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Wonderful 101
Super Mario 3d World
Pikmin 3

SM3dW will probably happen, assuming they can work out the blowing & touch mechanics. That's the only real sticking point.
W101 I could see happening because Platinum wants to put it on Switch. Seems almost a foregone conclusion.

The other two that I can think of are Yoshi and Kirby. But I doubt either will get ported.

I imagine Pikmin will get either a port or a trilogy release in the run up to Pikmin 4 (which is totally happening).

And every game on earth with user created content devolves into a clusterfuck of poo poo once most of the players have moved on.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BrotherFish posted:

Just seems weird that dock is so hard to replace safely.

Usb C standards are all over the place and manufacturers do and don’t adhere to them at will, is the problem.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 19, 2019

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Monolith Soft wants to port Xenoblade Chronicles X but they say it would be very difficult to transition a game with such a heavy Gamepad emphasis to Switch.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Waltzing Along posted:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Wonderful 101
Super Mario 3d World
Pikmin 3

Fatal Frame 5

Spellman
May 31, 2011

saltyslug posted:

super luigi u is so good.

no super mario U

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I would be quite surprised if we didn't get a Mario Maker on Switch, but I imagine they'd be changing and adding things. It was a pretty rough and experimental game not even counting the online support. There's a lot of things they could add. Slopes for one.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Wonderful 101
Super Mario 3d World
Pikmin 3

A lot of people will say Super Mario Maker. I don't think it will happen. Maybe a new version, but not a straight port. And if it does come, they need to hire someone to curate all the constant crap that gets uploaded. I saw somewhere that more than 99% of uploaded levels were a waste of time due to being a gimmick, garbage, or just boring.

Miiverse

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There’s not a chance that some form of Mario Maker doesn’t eventually come to Switch.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Not Mario Maker 2, but Mario 2 Maker, where you can only use the Mario 2 engine.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I've been craving a classic JRPG fix for while a boy does Octopath Traveler deliver on that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I kinda wanna play Blaster Master Zero again, of all the fuckin things. Do the different characters change the game up significantly?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I would be quite surprised if we didn't get a Mario Maker on Switch, but I imagine they'd be changing and adding things. It was a pretty rough and experimental game not even counting the online support. There's a lot of things they could add. Slopes for one.

This is Nintendo so I'd bet they add a ton of stuff. Smb2, tons of new enemies and powerups. Other ways to clear levels like the orb. More level biomes. Music choice. Music composer. Water in non-underwater stages.

Everything EXCEPT slopes, which they'll leave out for no reason

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
On the PC version of D3 it would tell me how many people were playing a specific gamemode/difficulty and if there was no open lobby it would do a 30 second countdown before throwing me into a open server by myself. Is there nothing like that on the switch version? I'm enjoying the game again but getting thrown into a server alone instantly and having to back out to try different options is super annoying.

Edit-also host migration clears bounties and rifts? Why...

Cyks fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 19, 2019

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just want those cool smiling rocks that let you run on walls in the next Mario Maker. Everything else would just be gravy

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ciaphas posted:

I kinda wanna play Blaster Master Zero again, of all the fuckin things. Do the different characters change the game up significantly?

Yes, they do. It’s worth playing with each character if you really like the game.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I basically marathoned it when I first got the Switch, and I do enjoy platformers AND metroidlikes. I'll give all that DLC a look later. :cheers:

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Another thing to pile onto do not buy YIIK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UIcy86Pbmg

:yikes:

Man do I hate hipsters.

Edit:

The whiney characters hair looks like a hoody.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

so im finally diving into stardew valley on the switch and having a ton of fun but im using no guides and just figuring out everything by myself, i'm having a blast but my question is can i "mess things up" by doing this? I don't make a lot of money and i probably do everything wrong, im enjoy it a ton figuring things out but im worried it'll really mess me up later in the game or something

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Kvlt! posted:

so im finally diving into stardew valley on the switch and having a ton of fun but im using no guides and just figuring out everything by myself, i'm having a blast but my question is can i "mess things up" by doing this? I don't make a lot of money and i probably do everything wrong, im enjoy it a ton figuring things out but im worried it'll really mess me up later in the game or something

No, you're good. There's an event that happens at like 3-4 years in, but you can retrigger it any time after that, with the right materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

I worried about the same thing and no you’re mostly fine. just don’t give the Community Center to Joja Mart and you’ll be fine