Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Why do people keep letting him sleepwalk through these speeches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I don't think he knows what negotiating is.

Art of the deal

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ague Proof posted:

It bears repeating that the wall was invented by Stone and Nunberg as a dumb memorable shiny toy so Trump wouldn't forget to talk about immigration in his speeches.

yeah it's not dumb enough that the government is shut down because of psychos on tv. it's psychos shaming the president over a loving mnemonic device.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Who is sedated Trump even for?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Warren uses the language of “reasonable” decorum, which persuades no one. Notice how she talks about saving “the middle class” and never mentions the desperate or the poor, nor that the middle class vanished years ago and that we’re all downwardly mobile or paupers. She’s a rich boomer and afraid to describe things as they are.

Ocasio is a pauper and talks like it. She is of the people and talks like it.

This is a good point and speaks to one of the biggest generational difference between boomers and millennials onwards, you'll almost never hear Boomers call themselves poor. Most millennials will straightforwardly describe themselves as poor without a second thought.

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

He acknowledged the need for more immigration judges, that's progress!

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

Reforming immigration by eliminating immigration, except that they’re idiots so instead they gently caress it up and send a bunch of money to grifter contractors.
Pretty much, except I think sending money to grifters is intentional.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Guze posted:

nobody. the president is an idiot and all the people around him are idiots. they think this poo poo and the other night will help their case with all the people blaming them for the shutdown. they don't understand how poo poo works.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Guze posted:

I think it's supposed to be "presidential" Trump, but they still haven't figured out the right dosage

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Groovelord Neato posted:

this motherfucker wants to get rid of birthright citizenship and got sycophantic republicans to come out against the 14th amendment.

https://twitter.com/lindseygrahamsc/status/1057282345991106560?lang=en

14th Amendment lmfao the gop is now showing they cant read
edit gently caress this is months old

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
I can't wait for the Trump tweets he sends out about "How dare the Democrats not cave yet, when you make two identical speeches about something you should be given it."

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Welp gently caress me for for hoping this proposal would exclude his wall. Compromise my rear end.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao legislative relief for DREAMers.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/farhip/status/1086733592703713291

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump really is hoping that this changes the polls

loving idiot

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Putting a wall in place will "direct commerce towards legal ports of entry"? It's not like drug runners will go through customs, and somehow I don't see trucks full of tortillas and furniture doing runs across the desert either.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bedlam posted:

While in the next breath saying that the need for them is stupid

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Trump really is hoping that this changes the polls

loving idiot

Well I don't know when you're going to find a bigger TV viewing audience than four o'clock on a Saturday afternoon, surely this is the way to spread his message to undecideds

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bedlam posted:

we need lawyers not judges

badguyfromthegame
Jan 23, 2014

Wow, it's like I'm in high school again. What do they think they look like to everyone else?

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Those racist kids are from Kentucky right? I'm not saying making Senators responsible for their constituencies is a good plan, but someone should probably point a camera at Mitch McConnel and ask him about it

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
"Trump is mumbly" is a played out joke but seriously what is the deal with how he's saying words? caveeen? fensse? it's not even the normal way he misspeaks.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1086734750578929664

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

edit* ^^^^^

Who could see this coming?

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1086734750578929664

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
50/50 on whether Mitch just told him he'd bring it up for a vote because he knows it won't pass and that might move Trump off his intransigence.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

"Trump is mumbly" is a played out joke but seriously what is the deal with how he's saying words? caveeen? fensse? it's not even the normal way he misspeaks.

YUMANITARIAN CRISIS

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Lol god drat even Fox didn’t?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
What a bunch of bullshit. I fell asleep part of the way through. Anyone else hear anything of note in this because it just sounded like the same poo poo to me.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
The video stream looked like an episode of Dark Shadows.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

YES! Fracture the chuds!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ok, so now its even super dead. rush and friends will bitch and scream and that will die.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Bedlam posted:

He literally said they shouldn't get trials in the next sentence.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Lightning Knight posted:

Lol god drat even Fox didn’t?

The Fox TV network rather than Fox News.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Lmao for all her worthless poo poo Coulter actually ended up putting us in this shutdown because she made fun of Trump, and now she's doing it again. I wonder how crazy it's going to make him this time.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I bet Mitch doesn't even put this up for vote.

I can't imagine what republican legislator is like "yes that's the deal I wanted."

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao called it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pollyanna posted:

The Fox TV network rather than Fox News.

I mean still tho.

I wouldn’t celebrate the Ann Coulter criticism just yet. Remember, this whole situation exists because Ann Coulter and her friends made mean tweets about how Trump is lame.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > USPOL Winter: We voted for Trump and got Jeb!

mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Networks ain't gonna preempt sports on Saturday afternoon for nothing, lol.