Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

preeeeeeeettty sure Latrice recycled her look from her first season out. boat episode, maybe?

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

I've been having fun syncing this up to jeff mills this morning

warez fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 19, 2019

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Naomi is legit gotta be one of the most improved queens ever. I didn't think much of her at all in her season but I am loving gooped for her this season.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

alf_pogs posted:

preeeeeeeettty sure Latrice recycled her look from her first season out. boat episode, maybe?

I just checked all of her runway looks from her previous seasons, and it's not a redo. She also wore teal in the boat episode, but it's a different look.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

Yeah, the boat one was the jeweled sea witch look right? Kinda disappointing that that's still the coolest thing she's worn on the show probably :(

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Toast Museum posted:

I just checked all of her runway looks from her previous seasons, and it's not a redo. She also wore teal in the boat episode, but it's a different look.

ahhhh whoops

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I gotta say I really liked Gia in this episode. Runway was good, the reveal was good and the performance was good. That said Naomi delivered my favourite lyp sync in a long time so there was no way she was coming back for good.

Speaking of Naomi, I'm thinking that it's a toss up between her and Manilla over who gets the crown. Naomi is always underestimated and yet she's almost always amazing. She may not have won a challenge but aside from the Bunny roast she's always been in the top and was definitely the MVP of this episode.

Trinity is good but since the snatch game her performance has been on a decline. Lip sync was good but the outfit reveal didn't justify the runway presentation.

Honestly it's weird seeing Latrice so bitter. She seems convinced that her elimination was a personal attack. Kinda lovely to still be mad at Monique when she's just following the rules of the game. In any event I hope Latrice does better than she has so far. Be a shame to return for nothing.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Nyeehg posted:

Honestly it's weird seeing Latrice so bitter. She seems convinced that her elimination was a personal attack. Kinda lovely to still be mad at Monique when she's just following the rules of the game. In any event I hope Latrice does better than she has so far. Be a shame to return for nothing.
This is exactly how I feel - the bitterness is weird and deeply offputting to me.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
JESUS CHRIST

E: JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!

Ee: I'm sorry, but I think I'm in love with Naomi Smalls. Like, actually in love.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 20, 2019

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Naomi coming with the little daggers is giving me life. "Is that something else they taught you in jail?" She reminds me of people I've known who are so easygoing and affable that when they throw shade it's just devastating. On this season I think I want to be friends with her and Monet the most.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Naomi has really impressed me - it's kind of like Manila is top of her game but I expect that level of put togetherness from Manila, while Naomi has been a delightful surprise who I overlooked on her season :allears:

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I've been a Naomi fan since season 8 so seeing everyone gagging over her is great :allears: I'm really hoping she's in the top four/final two. Manila is almost definitely going to be up there, too.

But overall this episode kind of just felt like an excuse to bring Latrice back. Like, there was no way Gia or Farrah were going to win a lip sync against any of the remaining queens (although I really liked Farrah's outfit so I'm glad I got to see that). I think maybe Jasmine could have won hers, if they had gotten a different song, but maybe not. And I feel like Monique won over Latrice.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

big dyke energy posted:

I've been a Naomi fan since season 8 so seeing everyone gagging over her is great :allears: I'm really hoping she's in the top four/final two. Manila is almost definitely going to be up there, too.

:yeah:

I'm a closet (lapsed) Naomi stan, I loved her that season and she was (deservedly) overshadowed by Bob's all-around awesomeness and Kim Chi's looks. I love that she's killing it.

quote:

But overall this episode kind of just felt like an excuse to bring Latrice back. Like, there was no way Gia or Farrah were going to win a lip sync against any of the remaining queens (although I really liked Farrah's outfit so I'm glad I got to see that). I think maybe Jasmine could have won hers, if they had gotten a different song, but maybe not. And I feel like Monique won over Latrice.

Thinking more about it, this episode was there to let strong queens return to the competition should someone go full Big Brother early on. If Manilla had sent home Valentina, then she would have had a good chance to return this week.

The fact that all of the eliminations were more-or-less reasonable makes the setup almost unnecessary.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Latrice did great! It's just that Monique was better. As much as I love Latrice, this season wasn't her best. Keeping her feels like fanservice. I'll take it, but not if there's going to be all this drama about her every single episode.

Also, Valentina is fun and so goddamn crazy.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Drag race Thailand ep 2 is already up.

#1, the challenges and runways are way more interesting than us drag race. Also Panpan is easily, easily the best judge drag race has ever seen. Ever.

#2, oh my God the worst lip sync song in history.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 20, 2019

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

hello! it's me,

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Also, Valentina is fun and so goddamn crazy.

I've said it before but I think Valentina's character and antics on the show are extremely calculated and deliberate. She's smart and has a background in theater and she's using that to maximize her time on TV.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I had to capture this for posterity. My god.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

Also Panpan is easily, easily the best judge drag race has ever seen. Ever.
I love his screeching yells when he gets excited about things during the runway. :allears:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I was worried it was too early for Monique to do All Stars after the second episode tripped her up, but I feel so happy that she's here (and still here) to stun and goop America. Aside from the girl group challenge, she's been slaying, and I would've been so angry if she ended up being the only queen to get replaced. Until she started killing that lip sync, I thought the whole episode was leading up to a dramatic "only Latrice manages to take down a queen" ending. Like, first of all, Monique had the least reason to even be up for elimination. And then putting that poor girl through all that suspense. I was ready to Cuttabitch if she went home.

Anyways, Latrice better step her pussy up, because this whole episode was clearly an excuse to bring her back. Hopefully, she got brought back something besides sparkly ballgowns during her week off.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

CaptainScraps posted:

Also Panpan is easily, easily the best most attractive judge drag race has ever seen. Ever.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This guy from the pit crew FACE THAILAND was so goddamn hot (terrible screenshot)

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

Nyeehg posted:

This season has made me not like Latrice which bums me out since she’s always been a favorite.

I know everyone seems to love Trinity but she hasn’t been that interesting this season. She did well in snatch game but that’s about it, nothing else is that memorable.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

vaginadeathgrip posted:

This season has made me not like Latrice which bums me out since she’s always been a favorite.

I know everyone seems to love Trinity but she hasn’t been that interesting this season. She did well in snatch game but that’s about it, nothing else is that memorable.

that and her talking heads. so many of the queens this season give good talking head

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NAOMI

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I am glad the rest of the world now appreciates Naomi. :3:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Don't think I saw anyone mention this yet:

Edit: not showing up when embedded for some reason. Link: https://i.imgur.com/Pkwjk8X.gifv

Imgur's discarding the audio for some reason, but what I didn't catch the first time around is that they added inhale/exhale Foley :lol:

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Toast Museum posted:

Imgur's discarding the audio for some reason, but what I didn't catch the first time around is that they added inhale/exhale Foley :lol:

That's not foley, that's pure Trinity's mic getting piped in. It's hilarious and I hadn't noticed on first view. Team Trinilla/Mannity.

Some DRT2 episode 2 commentary: I didn't agree at all with the winner (although I do agree with the mini-challenge ruling). Seen it before in room fixtures, and the shape wasn't great. Tormai was the best, but I had also singled out Silver Sonic as one of my favorites. Yeah, it was unfinished, but I liked the mechanics of cracking apart clouds over her head into the rainbow. I'd love to see an evolution of that on like -- Imagine a Lady Bunny-esque wig splitting in two and spilling out over the shoulders. Was surprised Mocha Diva didn't pop her tuck on the acrobatics, and Silver? I guess that's why you don't wear bondage gear on the stage...

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

jit bull transpile posted:

Naomi is legit gotta be one of the most improved queens ever. I didn't think much of her at all in her season but I am loving gooped for her this season.

There is one thing that was the opposite of improved and it's that drat ridiculous lip filler

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Eej posted:

There is one thing that was the opposite of improved and it's that drat ridiculous lip filler

Like a baboon's rear end. So unfortunate. It looks great when they're made up, but out of drag, it's kind of a shame.

Farrah Moan is turning into a blow-up doll.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Eej posted:

I actually thought those were Naomi's natural lips.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah they're distractingly awful

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I keep forgetting Naomi is in the competition for some reason. but this episode made me remember that she is still there. and yeah like others it seemed like a reason just to bring Latrice back.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Out of nowhere, I just remembered Kameron Michaels trying to sound butch by saying "I believe that's doable" and I can't stop laughing.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

vaginadeathgrip posted:

I still really like Latrice but it hasn't been a flattering season. Definitely not rooting for her to win this time.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Out of nowhere, I just remembered Kameron Michaels trying to sound butch by saying "I believe that's doable" and I can't stop laughing.
"You BELIEVE that's DOABLE?"
"... I can't."

Second-best minichallenge ever, after the one with Li'l Poundcake. I still rewatch it regularly. "I ain't got no phone, tho."

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Eej posted:

I'm not gonna hate. There's obviously a tremendous amount of social pressure on queens to get their lips done.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Farrah Moan is turning into a blow-up doll.

Oh, so she's not whining, it's just a slow air leak?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

angerbeet posted:

Oh, so she's not whining, it's just a slow air leak?

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

ICHIBAHN posted:

Yeah they're distractingly awful

Of all of the bad plastic surgery on this show, I don't think Naomi's lips is one of them. I thought they were natural, and I think they look good.