Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Today's high: 45

Today's low: 5

Normal-rear end climate.

Also Chiche congrats on the waste expulsion and titty sucking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Thanks for all the replies about food and animals.

I’m not sure what I’m gonna do next.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Thaddius the Large posted:

I’ll never forget, one morning my wife and I went into the nursery to get the child, it was later than usual, that stood out since she would normally wake us. We hadn’t heard a peep by the time we were ready to get up, so we went to her room to find that she had blown out her diaper. She’d pooped so much it’d blasted all over the crib, only because she was a baby she had to try and explore everything, and she had limited means to do so. The end result is that my child had smeared poo poo all over her face and crib, as well as shoveling it into her mouth.

The goon in me was tempted to snap a picture for posterity, to abuse her in the senior yearbook or some such nightmare, but my parental instincts were too strong; my wife and I silently cleaned up the mess, she put the child in the tub while I did some laundry, and we agreed to never speak of it again. And even though we can laugh it off now as just another parenting horror story, there’s a part of me that will never let go, the net sum of my genetic material and parenting skills, nature and nurture combined, resulted in a hapless feces chomping babe. Anyway, congratulations on the birth of your child, welcome to the most rewarding journey you’ll ever take.

Human babies are loving stupid compared to other animal babies at the same post-birth time and it's yet another marvel that we have become the dominant species we are.

Reminder that Cardi B ordered a hit on someone and when she got caught her reaction was more or less :shrug:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I would pay real American dollars if Loomer tried to crash an event where Cardi is on stage.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Enjoy the colustrum period of the pooping

Ever pour a glass of elmer's glue into a diaper?

I don't give a poo poo as long as her first day on earth features the demise of Thimas Brady at the hands of Justin Houston.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chichevache posted:

I don't give a poo poo as long as her first day on earth features the demise of Thimas Brady at the hands of Justin Houston.

The old ones spoke of a child with great power.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
The first game I watched will my kid was in the hospital room less than 15 hours post eviction - Chiefs/Lions. It was an awful game against two awful teams. Many shits were had.

The kiddo didn't poop much though.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My wife went into labor halfway through the 2014 Eagles/9ers game and I'd like to think my daughter was saving me from watching the second half.

Edit: I want to say the Patriots/Chiefs game ready Alex Smith-led Chiefs completely shithoused the Pats happened later that week? I watched that in the hospital so it must've been. I will now consider this a good omen.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 20, 2019

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/HeavySan/status/1086746887057747969
I for one am shocked that his mom is a horrible racist bigot

I am also bummed that people/media are trying to push how these kids are some rural bumpkins when they are a bunch Private School pricks from some rich suburb.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/HeavySan/status/1086746887057747969
I for one am shocked that his mom is a horrible racist bigot

I am also bummed that people/media are trying to push how these kids are some rural bumpkins when they are a bunch Private School pricks from some rich suburb.

Also that there's literally video showing that excuse is bullshit.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I feel terrible for the native Americans they harassed. I also feel bad for the guys who harassed the native Americans because they were raised by lovely parents and were almost guaranteed to grow up to be like this.

I hope they have experiences that change them for the better.

I guess I can relate to their upbringing on some level. It’s a miracle I’m not like them.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ehud posted:

I feel terrible for the native Americans they harassed. I also feel bad for the guys who harassed the native Americans because they were raised by lovely parents and were almost guaranteed to grow up to be like this.

I guess I can relate to their upbringing on some level. It’s a miracle I’m not like them.

I feel like at some level you become responsible for observing the world and making decisions on it beyond what your parents raise you to think.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I can understand feeling bad for these teens, but I feel less bad knowing they are probably going to end up in some prestigious private college where they can continue to live in their bubble and continue to be rewarded and face no consequences for their bullshit.

It makes me hate the March for Life even more since it just reminds me how godawful my church is and how it indoctrinates young people to hate women. I'm glad I never went to it because my parents knew it was not worth it knowing how miserable I would get about marching outside. My mom still gets on my case about abortion, especially nowadays since my grandpa died and he was a Knight of Columbus (who did a giant ceremony at his viewing where they got all dressed up in their swords and uniforms and did rotating Tomb of the Unknown soldier poo poo) and also worked strongly for the local Omaha Right to Life group. I've told my mom straight up that if she didn't want me that would have been her choice and not wrong.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Two inches of heavy slush everywhere. Shoveled as much as I could to freeze somewhere safer but yikes theres easily gonna be a 5" layer of ice behind my car in a few hours

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I feel like at some level you become responsible for observing the world and making decisions on it beyond what your parents raise you to think.

Absolutely. But for a lot of people that doesn’t happen in high school. They were all but guaranteed to end up being hateful little shits at 15 or 16.

When I was their age I thought homosexuality was an abomination, America was meant to be a Christian nation, I didn’t understand how poorly we treated native Americans, I thought after slaves were emancipated that “most of them stayed with their masters because they were treated so well.”

and all kinds of other stupid stuff

Just because I grew up in a fundamentalist, white Christian bubble.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Some girl on twitter said she didn’t realize men and women had the same number of ribs until first year college bio lmao

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Some girl on twitter said she didn’t realize men and women had the same number of ribs until first year college bio lmao

This also happened to me.

I can’t emphasize how much a fundamentalist Christian upbringing screw you up lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Ehud was there a singular moment or experience that made you realize "actually, this whole religious upbringing thing was bogus" or was it more of a slow realization from years away from that scene?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Also I was homeschooled so my science books were legit all based on scripture

The earth science stuff taught me earth was 6k years old, god created man, etc

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Ehud posted:

Also I was homeschooled so my science books were legit all based on scripture

The earth science stuff taught me earth was 6k years old, god created man, etc

Did Jesus ride herbivores or did he gently caress with the carnivores

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

Death is an experience we will all have.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

C-Euro posted:

Ehud was there a singular moment or experience that made you realize "actually, this whole religious upbringing thing was bogus" or was it more of a slow realization from years away from that scene?

It was a gradual process but the moment that most heavily influenced me happened in my early 20’s.

I had already started asking questions that gave me some doubt about my faith. I had moved out and was just being exposed to a lot of new viewpoints, but I was still devout.

Then I went on a mission trip to Kenya. I saw some truly horrific poo poo while I was there. Little kids had feet infested with infections from being eaten by bugs, there were people starving to death, people were sick from the horrible water, most the girls had STD’s because rape was so prevalent. Kids would come up to me to hold my hand because I was a grown up and they desperately wanted somebody to take care of them.

So every night we’d go back to our hotel and everyone was talking about their day and recounting all the horrible stuff we saw. Then the guys leading the trip who did full time missions would encourage us to remember that while we were there to help the kids meet their “earthly needs”, their spiritual needs should be more important to us. Like yeah, they could starve to death, but the more important question was whether or not they had accepted Jesus as their savior.

It didn’t feel right. I spent the rest of the trip with this growing doubt. It seemed so arbitrary that I had so much and they so little. Then I started asking what happened to the kids who were born into this poo poo and died without accepting Jesus and I was told they go to hell.

So when I got home I decided I had to figure out if I actually believe what I said I believe. Because if I did I was going to devote my life to full time missions work. I didn’t want those kids to go to hell.

I read the Bible from cover to cover twice, read opposing viewpoints in books from some of the “new atheists”, spent like five or ten years being too scared to totally renounce my faith, then finally realized I couldn’t do it anymore because it was blatantly wrong.

I started writing about my journey away from faith a couple weeks ago. It’s been illuminating to go back and see how screwed up I was lol.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

loving lol that this comment I made got the Facebook cops on me
"Yeah that's part of the spin where they emphasize Kentucky to dismiss it as a bunch of white trash hillfolk."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Wait men & women don't have a different number of ribs? I wasn't raised religious, but I did learn the Eve made from Adam's rib thing as part of a unit on different religions and their myths/origin stories in elementary school. The rib thing was presented alongside moon gods and praying for the Nile to flood, so my child brain took it as a religious explanation to a secular biological difference (obviously not in those words when I was 8 or whatever).

I just didn't care enough about skeletons to look into it further, I guess.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
... are you serious?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

in csi or whatever they always talk about how skeletons have womens' hips

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Amy Pole Her posted:

... are you serious?

Yes. My child brain never interrogated it and I didn't care enough about spooky skellys enough to look into it further. Like I said, I learned about it when I was 8 along Zeus and poo poo, and all that was religous texts trying to explain basic scientific stuff so :shrug:

hifi posted:

in csi or whatever they always talk about how skeletons have womens' hips

I blame Dr. Temperance Brennan for never once breaking me of my preconceived notions in 12 seasons

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

So when I got home I decided I had to figure out if I actually believe what I said I believe. Because if I did I was going to devote my life to full time missions work. I didn’t want those kids to go to hell.

This is the thing that I sort of feel bad for fundamentalists about. Because if you truly buy all the bullshit hell yes you should do absolutely everything in your power to try to convert people to save their immortal souls, including putting more emphasis on that than feeding them or making sure they have access to clean water.

But you have to have so little intellectual curiosity or basic empathy after seeing some of how the world works to end up like that.

Spoeank posted:

Wait men & women don't have a different number of ribs? I wasn't raised religious, but I did learn the Eve made from Adam's rib thing as part of a unit on different religions and their myths/origin stories in elementary school. The rib thing was presented alongside moon gods and praying for the Nile to flood, so my child brain took it as a religious explanation to a secular biological difference (obviously not in those words when I was 8 or whatever).

I mean, just from the standpoint where men were mostly the ones going out hunting things that could kill them it seems like God should have made sure they had extra ribs to protect them if anything.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Ehud posted:

It was a gradual process but the moment that most heavily influenced me happened in my early 20’s.

Yikes. Yeah "how can there a loving God with all of this lovely poo poo in the world" has been an argument against Christianity for forever but seeing it firsthand like must be way worse than any hypothetical. I wonder if anyone else on mission with you had the same thoughts you did, even if they never spoke about them.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Yes. My child brain never interrogated it and I didn't care enough about spooky skellys enough to look into it further. Like I said, I learned about it when I was 8 along Zeus and poo poo, and all that was religous texts trying to explain basic scientific stuff so :shrug:

Man that’s absolutely crazy to me. I went to a catholic high school and they merely explained it away

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Man that’s absolutely crazy to me. I went to a catholic high school and they merely explained it away

I'm realizing that I never learned about macrobiology in high school because I jumped ship on the two-year bio track after microbiology, so my biology knowledge was cut short in high school. But I mean, gently caress, I took two physical anthropology classes in college and somehow they didn't break me of it. Weird. Thanks for the knowledge goons.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

we're now 50% into this trump term

is america great again

also, cardi b go on chapo

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

achillesforever6 posted:

And also didn't Lennon take a hard turn to the right by the late 70s to his death?

Make bug meat burgers and I'd probably eat it.

I'm sure they are actually pretty healthy too

https://twitter.com/misterjamo/status/1086624750724698113
I've found the most yinzery yinzer to ever yinz

The sounds of home

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chichevache posted:

We went for a pass on the 1 and now I don't have a kid anymore. :shrug:

Baby Chiche is great! She was born several hours ago, and she has already breastfed, peed, and pooped!

Congrats, chiche!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Men and women generally have the same number of ribs. However, its not uncommon for an extra rib or vertebrae to appear, but that isn't a sex linked feature. The pelvis is definitely different between the sexes to the point that even a cursory glance can tell the sex of the person.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I'm sincerely glad you escaped the poo poo, Ehud, because you're a good guy and proof that people with that upbringing can actually do good in the world. However, regarding these kids, I just have a nagging feeling that...

achillesforever6 posted:

they are probably going to end up in some prestigious private college where they can continue to live in their bubble and continue to be rewarded and face no consequences for their bullshit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1086899677541396480?s=19

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Apparently AOC is going to be on Hbomberguy's twitch stream
https://www.twitch.tv/hbomberguy
Man the guests that have been on this stream have been pretty buckwild

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

achillesforever6 posted:

Apparently AOC is going to be on Hbomberguy's twitch stream
https://www.twitch.tv/hbomberguy
Man the guests that have been on this stream have been pretty buckwild

When?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

It seems people may be overhyping this.

They want her to come on but I don’t think she has said anything for it.