Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That was such a good derail. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/watchsymphogear/status/1086169100273897472

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Gripweed posted:

This is an actual Family Circus that ran in newspapers

Did the lady who does Nancy now have a Family Circus guest strip?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That narration sounds like it is 30 seconds away from talking about how everyone got murdered.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DiggityDoink posted:

Did the lady who does Nancy now have a Family Circus guest strip?

I've heard that the backstory to that strip is that the Family Circus guy's son is a big Warhammer fan

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

That narration sounds like it is 30 seconds away from talking about how everyone got murdered.

Looked it up and apparently it's an air combat game. Struck me as a JRPG, thought maybe it was the 25th Final Fantasy

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Subjunctive posted:

The shovel grip is for people with motor deficiencies. Nobody over the age of 4 with full motor function would hold a fork that way. Don’t mock.

Hey, don't drag me into this argument.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love this.

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

This was my interpretation from that derail. Still sticking by it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jisae posted:

In fairness, you can't really critique Chaos Space Marines for having bad anatomy. There's a good chance he's not wearing armor anymore, that's just what his body is like now

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Gripweed posted:

This is an actual Family Circus that ran in newspapers

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

gbut posted:

Like this or like this?

Reverse shovel grip

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DontMockMySpork posted:

Hey, don't drag me into this argument.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

RCarr posted:

The fork actually has these pointy ends on it specifically so you don’t need a second utensil to make it work. You just stab poo poo with the fork then put it in your mouth. I know it sounds crazy but trust me.

This might sound crazy but stabbing poo poo with a fork causes a great deal of noise and as a youngster I was taught by force that we're to be seen and not heard. I keep the habit up in my latter years because it actually allows me to spear more lettuce by pushing several leaves together into a bundle

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Former DILF posted:

This might sound crazy but stabbing poo poo with a fork causes a great deal of noise and as a youngster I was taught by force that we're to be seen and not heard. I keep the habit up in my latter years because it actually allows me to spear more lettuce by pushing several leaves together into a bundle

thats super hosed up

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Former DILF posted:

:same: Also using a knife to scoop food into a fork isn’t considered polite everywhere in the States. I don’t know why!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

You can always tell a Milford man.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

But you can't tell him much.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Looked it up and apparently it's an air combat game. Struck me as a JRPG, thought maybe it was the 25th Final Fantasy

"Air combat game with JRPG plot" is basically what Ace Combat is

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Indecisive posted:

thats super hosed up

yeah haha you should see people cringe when i show them where they reset some of my delicate bones they all ask how and then I remind them belts have buckles

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Phlegmish posted:

Solve international crises and nuclear war through the medium of dogfights

Gosh darn he fly plane so good he bring diplomatic peace

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

gbut posted:

Like this or like this?

Shovel grip to stab, then flip to pen grip to lift and eat.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I have no idea how I hold a fork without holding one lol

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jisae posted:

Those Smith position shoulders make for a pretty farty situation for that dude in the middle. He's lucky to get the window.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Jisae posted:

i first saw this on my phone and thought it was just some super beefy dude, it's far more glorious now

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Karate Bastard posted:

Those Smith position shoulders make for a pretty farty situation for that dude in the middle. He's lucky to get the window.

I mean. He is a Chaos Marine.

You know that poo poo those Slaaneshis get up to.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
:nws: https://i.imgur.com/uUbu0wk.png

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

You've got an odd sense of "funny", my dude

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

bike tory posted:

You've got an odd sense of "funny", my dude

This is a more appropriate response to most of the other memes posted in this thread imo.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Flip the script

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Family Circus mom got hot

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Scratch Monkey posted:

Family Circus mom got hot

She was always hot. It's why Family Circus dad liked tracking Billy.

It's Shakespearean.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

gbut posted:

Like this or like this?

Tines down you filthy animals :argh:

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
In all my years on this earth I never noticed Americans held forks like spoons

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I see people using shovel grip a lot in commercials, for some reason. Like it's an unwritten rule used in commercials. From the same batch of rules that potato chip bags must have a perfect, non-crimped top edge, honey must be ladled out from bizarre beehive shaped wands, and women need to look like they're getting away with something when they enjoy food.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I see people using shovel grip a lot in commercials, for some reason. Like it's an unwritten rule used in commercials. From the same batch of rules that potato chip bags must have a perfect, non-crimped top edge, honey must be ladled out from bizarre beehive shaped wands, and women need to look like they're getting away with something when they enjoy food.

You don't use a honey wand?

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I grew with up with a surprising number of friends whose used the shovel grip, some of whom still do as adults. I don't think it was a motor skills issue as much as it was how we were all raised in very poor, very rural homes. I grew up in the same situation, but my mother was a stickler about manners. At lunch in grade school, my friends would poke fun at me (not in a mean spirited way) for eating "correctly" whatever that really means. Most of those friends' families had no use for table manners, and some of them came from situations where, if you didn't shovel as much food in your mouth as you could as fast as possible, you missed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

You don't use a honey wand?

I imagine most Americans in 2019 get honey in a squeezable plastic (possibly bear-shaped) bottle