Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Game: Brandywine and Bree: Adventures in Middle Earth
System: The One Ring
Format: PBP, possibly Discord as well
Players: 4-6
Description: Tolkien it up and explore the lands of Middle Earth, starting at the Prancing Pony and going well beyond. Newbies to the system are welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
Game: World Alliances and Rivalries
System: Freeform (little dice use (almost never), mostly focused on writing and character development, no stats to speak of)
Format: PBEM (we have a Discord server for out of character chatter, but gameplay occurs via a Google Group, with another Google Group used for OOC messages from the admin/GMs like rules tweaks.)
Players: No real limit though for now 12 is probably a good max. (We currently have 5 with 2 more possible.)
Description: Pick a country on the map of the world (as of 9/2/17, when we diverged from RL)! You play a head of government (President, PM, dictator, Caudillo, etc). We're looking for a few good leaders! In longer terms, we're a mix of Star Trek "simming" (in writing style), political drama (a la "West Wing", in that we don't just explore foreign policy, we explore domestic policy to a degree, and the personal existences of our main characters, the heads of government), wargame (this on more of a "pinch of salt" level), and sometimes technothriller. (Proportions vary and the mix is very much a shifting one over time.)

Other stuff to note: Countries taken are listed on the how to join page at this link. It's relatively authoritative, but we really do need 3 countries listed when you sign up. Makes it easier if your first choice was taken before we had a chance to update that page.

If you have questions, feel free to send me a PM. They ping my email so I get back to em pretty quick. If you don't have PMs, never fear. Send an email to wargms2@gmail.com and one of us (the two co-GMs) will do our best to respond as soon as possible.

Countries currently taken as of right now are US, Israel, Italy, Russia, Spain, India, and Australia. We would really like a player for China (Mainland China, to be clear), Germany, the UK, or Japan . You can take whatever country you like that isn't taken, but if you're asking us we would love one of those 3.

Edited to add on January 1, 2019: We now have a Germany! A player is working on their character just prior to entering play, bringing us to 8 countries in play. Still looking for the other countries I mentioned, though.

Edited to add on March 12, 2019: Germany player ghosted us before entering play. India left due to RL, as did Australia. Countries currently taken are US, Israel, Italy, Russia, Spain, with the UK and Japan having players working on characters prior to starting play. Our Italy player wants to do a lot with the EU, so a Germany player would be an awesome counterbalance to IC Italy's Eurosceptic bent, but if you have ideas for other countries we're all ears.

Spacewolf fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Mar 12, 2019

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Game: Grind Fiction
System: FAE
Format: PBP
Players: About 5
Description: Be a punk in a corporate-owned city and gently caress poo poo up

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Game: The Hunt for Visgot's Horde - A Wrath & Glory Roll20 Adventure
System: Wrath & Glory
Format: Roll20 (plus probably Discord), 5:30pm PST every other Wednesday (first game January 9th)
Players: 6ish. Currently have 2 full submissions and 2 working on them, so 2ish more players sounds good
Description: Pulp adventure, helping a Mechanicus Tech Priest hunt for Relics and Knowledge.
Other Stuff of Note: Couple house rules included, nothing too major. Tier 2 party. More description in the link.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Game: MHR: Justice League
System: Justice League
Format: pbp
Players: 4-7
Description: This takes place in the DC universe/setting, not Marvel. You'll be playing as a rotating Justice League initially and newly formed by the New God Metron to stop Apokolips from conquering Earth...though he could grant you the Watchtower, a space station and point you to the burglary of something called 'The Bible of Crime'. What will unfold is a battle between nations and Legions, and hopefully Earth won't step into the Light!
Other Stuff of Note:You're going to have to make your own datafiles or ones you find online, this is DC not Marvel after all

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 5, 2019

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
Game: Task Force Kodiak - GURPs 4e
System: GURPs 4e
Format: PBP and a bit of Discord
Players:4-5 of there abouts.
Description: Pulpy XFiles/XCOM inspired game, with a dash of Call of Cthulhu mixed in.
Other Stuff of Note: First time GMing

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Game: The Spiderweb
System: Masks
Format: PbP
Players: 4
Description: Fight against the crime lords of Halcyon City with your new superpowers in this street-level supers game of Masks.

Ich
Feb 6, 2013

This Homicidal Hindu
will ruin your life.
Game: TBD
System: A Nocturne (Forged in the Dark)
Format: Roll20 and Discord (Voice only)
Description: Looking for a GM and other players. A Nocturne by Calum Grace. Very much in the same vein as Alastair Reynolds' Revelation Space, the PCs are the crew of a huge ship of which they start off only controlling the core. That allows them to control the ship and pretty much do everything they need to, but they can create missions for themselves to gain control of other sections of the ship and increase or improve its usefulness and functionality. They can also go on missions in different star systems, their travels spanning centuries, and creating chaos along the way.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Game: Nec Plus MKULTRA
System: Cortex+ (hacked)
Format: Discord (text only)
Players: 4-5
Description: You are a Defense Intelligence Agency operative installed at a mostly uneventful and underfunded posting in East Germany in 1973. However, as your boss gets murdered in the street by "unknown assailants," you set upon a path that will reveal a conspiracy that could threaten millions. Somewhat noirish spy thriller game inspired John le Carré novels.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Game: CLAMP School Research and Development Club
System: CLAMP School (simple, statless system based on traditional Japanese storytelling style)
Format: PbP for IC with heavy use of Discord for drawing cards and OOC collaboration
Players: Up to 6
Description: You're a super rich, super talented or super smart student at CLAMP School; home of the elite. You're also a member of the school's R&D Club, which specializes in getting handed down impossible assignments and requests from the school board that the actual R&D division of the school won't touch. You will build giant robots, super spy cars, time machines and virtual realities on a shoestring budget and hope your presentations can wow the school board (and your fellow students). Hijinks will ensue. Just try not to blow up the school.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Game: The Village of Shallot
System: Beyond The Wall (The Village Hack II)
Format: PBP Via Discord
Description: Design and create a sandbox of exploration and YA fantasy life surrounding your village, which is named Shallot, where weird monsters live out in the woods and beyond the horizon, but hope is real and love wins in the end.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Game: Fate/ hidden dawn
System: mostly freeform
Format: Choose Your Own Adventure/PbP
Players: As many as want to vote/participate.
Description: Set in an alternate universe of Type Moon's Fate series, this time we're all working together to lead an individual magus through the Holy Grail War intact.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Game: In Which Interest Is Gauged
System: 7th Sea 2e
Format: TBD
Description: Looking for a GM and other players interested in 7th Sea Second Edition.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Game: SWTOR - Rise of the Sith
System: PDQ
Players: 6
Description: I am Communist and Valhawk team up to bring you a chance to play a Sith Lord from the SWTOR era in a smallgod style game. Start as an Initiate and rise your way up through the ranks until you get that shiny Darth title you’ve always wanted. This game is also an experiment with a style of co-GMing (see the thread for more details).

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Game: The Pallid King's Climb
System: CYOA
Players: Yes
Description: "About time you woke up. I was starting to wonder."

Play as a Monad, a ritually-incarnated memory, and join the other Monads in guiding the Acolytes to achieve their dark goals in 1920s New York.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Game: Wildcard (Off-site at Don't Roll a One; rolling and cooperative roleplay on Discord)
System: Night's Black Agents
Players: Presently 3 with one about to depart; looking for 2 - 3 additional players
Description: Do you still hold out hope for a sequel to Alpha Protocol? Do you have strong opinions about the quality of Ronin's BluRay transfer? Does your Podcast app keep recommending Spycast to you? Then come check out Wildcard, a "five minutes into the future" spy-fi game. Diamond Team needs your help unraveling conspiracies, chasing terrorists and saving lives. Go anywhere, do anything, but trust nobody.

For a taste of the setup, I recommend you check out the initial freeform thread here. Things don't end up quite that kinetic in the main game but you should get a feel for where we're at from it. The rest of the game is available there, too, with a finished mission in Amsterdam and an almost finished one in Hamburg. I'm available via PM for any questions you might have.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Game: Megaman ZX: Heist
System: Strike! 2d6 Combat with Homebrew
Players: 3-6
Description: Doctors Light and Wily are long dead, the Maverick and Elf wars are a thing of the past, and now, your unified, benevolent government has done the calculations and decided it doesn't need you. Play as a group of humanoids and reploids who will take from the rich to help the poor survive in a tactical RPG based off a spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off of Megaman.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Game: All Ways Be Cultivating - Choose Your Own Adventure
System: CYOA - Read & Vote
Players: All the players. Even if you don't want to vote, I hope you'll enjoy reading
Description: Become a supernaturally powerful martial artist and punch your way into paradise. Face giants armed only with your own fists (and boatloads of fist magic). Honestly though, it'll probably be mostly training montages and discussions about how cool it is when your numbers go up.

It's been a little over a year since the last time I ran one of these. Hopefully I remember how.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Game: Phoenix Academy: First Class
System: MASKS
Format: PBP, probably some discord
Players: :shrug: a bunch, probably
Description: Come wreck an alternate 1960s with your hip modern attitudes and uncontrolled superpowers!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Game: A High Pressure Front with a Strong Chance of Guillotines
System: Ironclaw 2e
Format: Asynchronous Discord (aka glorified PBP)
Players: Between three and six
Description: Walt Disney Presents A History of Europe from 1650 to 1780.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Game: The Quiet Year: Seasons Unknown
System: The Quiet Year
Players: 3-4 per game, and as many games as there are players for
Description: Our community has just driven off the Jackals and now hopes for a year of relative peace – a quiet year – but little do they know that in Winter the Frost Shepherds will arrive... This is a birds-eye view, map-making game where we guide the actions of a community that lives in a post-collapse world some time after the fall of our civilisation. Maybe they'll build something new; maybe we'll find out why the world changed. We'll play to find out.

Note: This game is a minor variation on the original rules, but not one to worry about if you haven’t played before. For those that have, there are a number of extra cards per season, but we’ll only be drawing up to 13 as normal. This introduces more randomness into the oracle, which, if you’ve played several times, starts to become a little predictable.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Game: Finding Treasure Planet
System: Puff Game - A Turtlicious Creation.
Players: 8
Description: Puff game is a survival sandbox RPG, but not the kind with food meters. You walk around weird alien worlds as a tiny puff ball, because you're ultimately programmer art irl, and you interact with weird little stories i create for the characters into it. you take your favorite parts of the last world to the new one, and then i make a new world based on your favorite stuff and the writing prompts you guys choose.

Everything is narrated through two narration styles, one is a chat log between the AI entities who run the game, and then an in game narration by the AI dictating your actions to you. I do weird arg stuff, like narrate weird backstory by hiding podcasts in image files, or record myself drawing an image and then hiding a chest in the recording of me drawing the image. This is how I ultimately decided on to teach myself art, because before I started this I had never drawn anything. So in a sense it's a journal of my progress as an artist. Uh originally, to clear up confusion observers were called goons, but that got changed to observers. but you're basically whatever you want to be when you post, whatever you come up with I'll run with, as long as you're posting you're generating pixels. You use the pixels to either buy permanent upgrades for your puffs, or powerful temporary items to overcome objectives immediately.

The game is decided by d100 rolls, the time of day, And the AI you chose to lead, which different AI's granting different abilities, each representing a different kind of DMing style. Right now there's only two, the ever prepared and perfectly manicured Tut Torial, and the Exciting Crazy, and Over The Top Shennanigans, of Derricka Dangerous.

The Thread is updated 2x a week, on Monday -> Tuesdays and Wednesday -> Thursdays. If you want something new and different create a puff by "Logging in" with a unique ability (or try something even weirder!) Though if it ever gets to be too much work, we'll go back to 1x a week.

If you don't get in, please hang around. You get points for posting you can use to improve your characters, and stuff will start to die quick enough. You don't have to read the whole thread, but there are still shennanigans and secrets, and call backs no-one has found or interacted with, and you could be the first person to find it!

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 3, 2019

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Game: Tyrant's Grasp
System: Pathfinder 1e
Format: PbP/Discord
Players: FULL (but feel free to drop in and kibbitz)
Description: I'd like to run the latest Pathfinder Adventure Path, Tyrant's Grasp. I ran Rise of the Runelords way back when PF1e was in playtest, and now that PF2e is coming out I'd like to finish off the last 1e AP and scratch my itch. It'll be Discord text PbP. No oozelings.

Paizo posted:

The Whispering Tyrant stirs in his underground prison and flexes his arcane might through his Whispering Way minions, eager to threaten all of Golarion once again. With deadly new magic at his command—capable of destruction on a scale the world has never seen before—his freedom seems all but inevitable, and swift enough to evade the notice of even Lastwall’s watchful eyes! Avistan’s only hope may lie in the most unlikely heroes: the
Whispering Way’s newest victims!

There's undead. There's planar travel. There's dungeons because it's D&D. Can Paizo successfully challenge a mythic villain with non-mythic PCs and not have them end up watching an NPC save the world? Let's find out!

Probably not but let's see how they screw it up.

Hypnobeard fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 6, 2019

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Damnation City: Brooklyn
System: Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition
Format: PbP/Discord
Description: Players take on the role of a coterie of vampires over the course of a handful of decades in New York City leading to the modern day. However, this is not the story of the city, nor even of Brooklyn. It's the story of a neighborhood. The coterie has settled for one reason or another as, other than its vassal lord, the sole inhabitants of the haunted and storied neighborhood of Red Hook, strategically placed in the center of East Brooklyn, and caught up at the epicenter of the intrigues of the All Night Society.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Game: Yggdrasil's Branching Paths - SMT Gaiden: Persona X [CYOA]
System: PBTA-based Homebrew
Players: Yes.
Description: You're finally an adult, and you've decided to celebrate it by throwing away all connections to your former life and moving to a podunk college town in the middle of nowhere. But now you're having visions about disasters before they happen, you're being followed around by a talking squirrel, and you think you might be magic?

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: No Gods Watch Over Me
System: The Sundered Land: A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future
Players: Any – I ask questions, and anyone can answer
Description: A game designed for online play, where I, a pilgrim travelling the Sundered Land, must try to escape danger while everyone else tries to see me dead.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Game:Rhapsody of Blood
System: Powered by the Apocalypse/Legacy
Format:Live - text or voice to be decided
Players:2-4
Description: Every generation the blood moon rises, and the castle exalts a villain with its dark gifts. They shall command its legions, use its powers to twist reality, and seek the godlike power of the unholy grail. You are the heroes fated to stand against the Castle and its Regent.

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
Game: Ninjas Chasing Butterflies
System: Shinobigami
Format: Discord PbP
Description: Be a ninja. Fight other ninjas. Unveil secrets. Shout attack names. Find a magic butterfly.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Game: The Broken Gods of Elsewhere
System: CYOA/Godgame
Players: Many, preferably
Description: From the artist behind Fragile Gods of Somewhere and written by the guy with no real credits to his name comes the spiritual successor/sequel/shameless rip off (delete as appropriate), the Broken Gods of Elsewhere.

BEHOLD, the land of Elsewhere a new crystalized island floating in the vast cosmic ocean, currently lacking solid form but requiring only the touch of divinity (Provided by you)
OBSERVE, as your divine whims shape the lands and the lives of the strange peoples who dwell upon it for your power is vast but limited, make your mark upon the world for good or for ill in the time you have.
CHEER, for your heroes (or for your villains if you are that way inclined) that emerge among the landscape.
INVENT, a school of philosophy; scribe deep magics from the elements, conquer the other tribes, run a cookery class, it's your power and time you do with it as you will.
BEWARE, for the whims of fate and the capricious will of the ocean may present it's own complications and challenges.

In the crucible of the ocean, we forge new gods.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Mar 13, 2019

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Game: Wrecking Crew: RISE [CYOA Co-Op/PVP]
System: Homebrew
Players: 10+
Description: Sci-fi dystopian bloodsports with tactical combat, rich lore, original art & audio. Largely focused on PVE & RP.
Features: 9 classes, multi-stage bosses, cute pets, crafting, mechs, megacorp challenges, inter-dimensional travel, 100+ unique character modifications, & a rule set polished over 5 previous maps.
Applications now open. Game updates Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, & Saturday. Maps last about 3 months. Dead players and spectators are are allowed to take on the role of meddling megacorps which can heavily influence the game.
To join as a wrecker post with your name, a portrait and class selected from the OP, and your Orokos rolls.

Update: Wrecker applications are closed until the next map.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 18, 2019

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[3v3v3 Fantasy Strategy Game] Dungeon Run - Are you a bad enough dude?
System: My attempt at creating a PbP strategy game in the vein of Dominions, and Conquest of Elysium.
Players: 4 - 12.
Description: Your randomly assigned team mates are going to work together to try and stab the wizard, and collect as much loot as possible you can find. Anyone can sign up for Dungeon Run!
Features: Minions, Crafting, Magic 5 distinct Classes Necromancers revolve around raising other peoples units as undead minions. Demonologists create hell holes that spread taint and corrupt the land. They get a random amount of units every time they build. Shamans Have no buildings, and instead must be on a ley line in order to summon a unit, their upgrades are the most versatile. Druids have few units, and instead rely on giant expensive trees to slowly get built up over time. Paladins have the power of religion and capitalism. They can convince any unit on the board to join their side, and they have very strong basic units to fill gaps in the hodge podge army.

Here's the map I made!

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 17, 2019

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Children of the Sun
System:PDQ
Format:PBP
Players:5-10
Description: Smallgods trying to reclaim a world in shadow for an Overgod that is chained to them and their efforts using a world that I've run a bunch crap in.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Game: Hotel Hot Lake
System: Mafia
Format: PBP with some Discord participation
Players: 15
Description: There's a freaking spooky hotel and you try to solve a mystery while 14 strangers call you an idiot

hey if you haven't played Mafia it's kind of fun and cool. it doesn't matter if you've never played a game before.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After the death of Puff Game, I got pretty bummed. I took all the energy I had to writing a better version of puff game. If you found the game boring, or confusing, like it didn't have direction, well you were correct!

I identified these problems, and re-wrote the whole thing from the ground up, with a skill system, and very clear in-depth rules.

I would be thrilled to take on everyone I can. The first 8 will get to play as "teachers," and the rest will be "Learners," something similar to Wrecking Crew Sponsors. A way for players who are watching, but maybe don't have enough to fill out a full character a way to participate!

Recursion a game of Teaching, and Learning

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

After the death of Puff Game, I got pretty bummed. I took all the energy I had to writing a better version of puff game. If you found the game boring, or confusing, like it didn't have direction, well you were correct!

I identified these problems, and re-wrote the whole thing from the ground up, with a skill system, and very clear in-depth rules.

I would be thrilled to take on everyone I can. The first 8 will get to play as "teachers," and the rest will be "Learners," something similar to Wrecking Crew Sponsors. A way for players who are watching, but maybe don't have enough to fill out a full character a way to participate!

Recursion a game of Teaching, and Learning

We still need 8 players. I also got some feedback on my rules, and I've improved things! Including a much better over view!

Recursion is a multiplayer CYOA. Where 2 teams of goons are placed into a dying world tasked with fixing it. There are 2 types of players in Recursion, Agents and Supports. You come from a secret group outside of Time and Space simply called “The Agency.

Agents are investigatory units created with the soul purpose of rooting out quantum anomalies. Any time Agents are summoned to a world, it is because that world’s timeline has been changed drastically in some way. The Agents will know very little at first, maybe a blurb and a few pictures, but by Inspecting and Looking For Trouble, they will get clues (or be told outright,) to tell them exactly why they are there. They’ll need a lot of help to do that, and that help comes from Supports

Supports are Confiscated AI repurposed for the Agency’s goals. Creating an AI, is both highly illegal, and highly profitable. It was decided by the Agency’s Bylaws that any AI created before the singularity, should be confiscated for support work. Your AI will have a previous job, Whether it’s a program to write orcish shakespeare, or a spooky movie algorithm, there will be some attachment to your previous job that colors everything you do. This is called your “gimmick” a way to denote what makes your AI unique. Always keep your gimmick in mind.

Supports help by Identifying Tasks, Crafting items, and donating pixels to Agents of their choice. It is a less active roll, but also an important one.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Game: Masterminds
System: CYOA/"Godgame" Hack
Players: 4 per Series, with spectator participation
Description: In Masterminds, you will play as a villain attempting to enact some sinister scheme or dastardly design upon the globe. Over the course of several Series, Villains will come and go, and sometimes return in unexpected ways. They will leave a permanent mark on the world, but inevitably the villain is always defeated. That does not mean, however, that their designs will always be thwarted. You can become immortal through acts of great infamy, such that history will never forget you and your works! They all laughed at the time of course, but now they will gasp at your name instead.

This is a multiplayer game where there are both active players and spectators. At the beginning of each Series, four Masterminds are chosen via dice roll, and the remaining spectators may participate in the narrative and influence the events as Minions. The Masterminds concoct diabolical plots and build an infamous legacy through their villainous capers. They recruit Henchmen to their cause, evade the Protagonist’s attention, and entrench their operations in their hidden lairs.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Game: Welcome to Vampire Country
System:Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition
Format: Discord/Voice
Description:

The Storm of Chaos has abated: The Everchosen might be wormfood and the horde of Chaos smashed into a thousand pieces, but the north of the Old World is on fire. The Vampire Counts and Skaven have fled, but are looking pretty; the Empire is on the brink of war after Valten, the Champion of Sigmar, was assassinated in his sleep, with blame falling to Emperor Karl Franz to more than a few of his subjects. Refugees and soldiers from Kisev and the northern Provinces of the Empire march south to find new lives and rebuild their lives only to be rebuffed by a bigoted angry and fearful reeling from a wrecked economy, taxes, and left over warbands of crazed Norsca and monsters preying on them.

Worse, you're in Sylvania and have been hired to track down a lost Road Warden and Tax Collector, who foolishly honored their lord's wishes and tried to bully their forsaken, neighbors of the night. For three hundred crowns, be plunged in a plot that might bring an eternal night to the entire world, or invasion from underneath the ground itself!

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
Hope nobody minds my reposting this, it's been 3 months since I last fully posted it, the thread's been slower than expected, and there are a few key changes...

Game: World Alliances and Rivalries
System: Freeform (little dice use (almost never), mostly focused on writing and character development, no stats to speak of)
Format: PBEM (we have a Discord server for out of character chatter, but gameplay occurs via a Google Group, with another Google Group used for OOC messages from the admin/GMs like rules tweaks.)
Players: No real limit, though for now 12 is probably a good max. (We currently have 6.)
Description: Pick a country on the map of the world (as of 9/2/17)! You play a head of government (President, PM, dictator, Caudillo, etc). We're looking for a few good leaders! In longer terms, we're a mix of Star Trek "simming" (in writing style), political drama (a la "West Wing", in that we don't just explore foreign policy, we explore domestic policy to a degree, and the personal existences of our main characters, the heads of government), wargame (this on more of a "pinch of salt" level), and sometimes technothriller. (Proportions vary and the mix is very much a shifting one over time.)

Other stuff to note:Countries taken are listed on the how to join page at this link. It's relatively authoritative, but we really do need 3 countries listed when you sign up. Makes it easier if your first choice was taken before we had a chance to update that page.

If you have questions, feel free to send me a PM. They ping my email so I get back to em pretty quick. If you don't have PMs, never fear. Send an email to wargms2@gmail.com and one of us (the two co-GMs) will do our best to respond as soon as possible.

Countries currently taken as of right now are US, Israel, Italy, Russia, Spain, and the UK. We would really like a player for China (Mainland China, to be clear), Germany, or Japan. You can take whatever country you like that isn't taken, but if you're asking us, we would love one of those 3. Preferably Germany, as we have both Brexit and a possible-but-not-certain Italian exit (Italexit? Quitaly? Whatever.) to consider in-game, thus we really need big EU powers (like Germany) for them to work with or against (or whatever).

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Game: Registration
System: MASKS
Format: Discord
Players: 6
Description: Come help stop the government oppressing hardworking American Heroes/ enforce sensible legislation on dangerously powerful individuals [DELETE AS APPLICABLE]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Game: No Slaying in the Halls!
System: Monster of the Week
Description: Join the School Safety Committee in keeping the Aspire Academy, an obscenely rich high school, safe from monsters.