Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mu Zeta posted:

Al dente rice isn't a thing and neither is al dente bread. So al dente pasta makes no sense. Something is either cooked properly, overcooked, or undercooked. Al dente is some weird in-between that cannot be quantified so it can be anything.

Not only is al dente a thing, it's the best way to eat pasta/rice/grits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This entire premise is wack because yes, bread rice and basically anything edible by humans has varying degrees of chewiness. Al dente means toothy and still slightly firm, not "raw pasta out of the box."

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MizPiz posted:

Not only is al dente a thing, it's the best way to eat pasta/rice/grits.

As an asian al dente rice isn't a thing. And neither are al dente noodles. China invented pasta so they know best.

We prefer "q" which is bouncy and pleasant

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/world/asia/taiwan-food-q-texture.html

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mu Zeta posted:

Al dente rice isn't a thing and neither is al dente bread. So al dente pasta makes no sense. Something is either cooked properly, overcooked, or undercooked. Al dente is some weird in-between that cannot be quantified so it can be anything.

Al dente is another word for "cooked properly", hth

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

Al dente is another word for "cooked properly", hth

It means "to the teeth"

much like 'amuse bouche' means "entertains the mouth"

and 'in vino veritas' means "je n'ais se quoi"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
There's nothing less pleasant (well, except maybe undercooked rear end) than undercooked pasta, so I'd rather cooks err on the slightly overcooked side.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Anecdotes are not the plural of data but,

when at a sleep-over with my grade-school bestie the babysitter put the pasta on and then took us to the video rental shoppe

there was a debate, came back late and it was slop

just gone

and we had to eat it, before watching a VHS tape

A VHS TAPE!

slathered in red sauce

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Junk mail should be illegal

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Gripweed posted:

especially the stuff that looks super official like you're getting a letter from court, or the ones with fake credit cards and fake checks in them. I mean, if they want to sell me on their scam loans, starting out with deception isn't the best way to do it. Do people just say "oh you guys, you got me, I thought I was getting my replacement credit card but I guess I have to take this 20000 dollar personal loan now since I spent this time opening it" or what?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Mankind is pure evil

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Gripweed posted:

That isn't unpopular. It also isn't an opinion it's a fact.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

syscall girl posted:

Anecdotes are not the plural of data but,

when at a sleep-over with my grade-school bestie the babysitter put the pasta on and then took us to the video rental shoppe

there was a debate, came back late and it was slop

just gone

and we had to eat it, before watching a VHS tape

A VHS TAPE!

slathered in red sauce

Did the tape still play after it had been covered in sauce?

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

syscall girl posted:

What the hell? Of the pastas I buy, the one with the longest cooking time is still only 10 minutes. Who the hell puts pasta on then runs an errand?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

artsy fartsy posted:

What the hell? Of the pastas I buy, the one with the longest cooking time is still only 10 minutes. Who the hell puts pasta on then runs an errand?

yeah I was wondering the same thing. Like maybe if they were baking lasagna or something?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Just lol if you eat mushy slop pasta

Do you also eat slabs of burnt black pizza and toast like “durr see there is only one way to cook it”

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Just lol if you eat mushy slop pasta

Do you also eat slabs of burnt black pizza and toast like “durr see there is only one way to cook it”

I subsist exclusively on the finest cuts of meat burned into charcoal.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

That reminds me of an unpopular opinion that makes people say I like overcooked food: scrambled eggs/omelettes should have some browning on them and not be runny. It's just better that way, to me.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

That reminds me of an unpopular opinion that makes people say I like overcooked food: scrambled eggs/omelettes should have some browning on them and not be runny. It's just better that way, to me.

Correct for burritos, omelettes, and fried rice only

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Technically speaking you should never eat runny eggs at all, ever. Eggs host salmonella so it increases your risk of food poisoning.

I feel you on the scrambled eggs or omelette end of things but dippy eggs are good stuff.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
But runny eggs make life worth living.

So, it's a wash.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Aramek posted:

But runny eggs make life worth living.

So, it's a wash.

There's a place near where I used to work where you can get a gigantic cheeseburger with BBQ sauce, bacon, and a dippy egg. I'm reasonably certain that eating like that on the reg will shorten your life but the number of those I eat will definitely be greater than zero.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Anal sex isn't that great, vaginal sex is better

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Collapsing Farts posted:

Get thee to a nunnery.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Technically speaking you should never eat runny eggs at all, ever. Eggs host salmonella so it increases your risk of food poisoning.

I feel you on the scrambled eggs or omelette end of things but dippy eggs are good stuff.

Oh yeah I love overeasy/poached eggs, I was talking about the different scrambled forms more (although if the whites are runny too those non-scrabbled kind can be gross too even not considering the safety factor).

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Collapsing Farts posted:

Sounds like you need to gently caress a dude my dude. You’re missing out.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

To be clear, come over here and gently caress me in the rear end

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Collapsing Farts posted:

Mankind is pure evil

Capital != all mankind

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Collapsing Farts posted:

Receiving oral sex mostly isn't good either. A mouth is an awkward shape to put a penis into.

Being in the role of giving pleasure rather than receiving is generally better, in any situation. I prefer to give a gift rather than receive a gift generally.

Shibawanko has a new favorite as of 19:19 on Jan 20, 2019

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Collapsing Farts posted:

Shibawanko posted:

Receiving oral sex mostly isn't good either. A mouth is an awkward shape to put a penis into.

Being in the role of giving pleasure rather than receiving is generally better, in any situation. I prefer to give a gift rather than receive a gift generally.

Either way it depends on what turns you on, if you know what that is, and if you dare to seek it out. The actual physical sensation is secondary, if I'm in the wrong headspace, can barely enjoy it and have trouble coming even once.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

artsy fartsy posted:

uh, I was like 10, she was probably 16, i guess since she could drive us

or she was just irresponsible

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

Did the tape still play after it had been covered in sauce?

:thejoke:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
All Taco Bells should be replaced with superior eatery and west TX/east NM darling Taco Villa.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Taco Bell is cheaper and better tasting than most other fast food options, and the fact that it's not "authentic" Mexican food is completely meaningless.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

syscall girl posted:

uh, I was like 10, she was probably 16, i guess since she could drive us

or she was just irresponsible

it's not about responsibility, it's that unless the video store was like <2 blocks away, there's no possible way you were coming home to anything but mush.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
My idea of taco bell is a mcdonald hamburger stuffed in a taco shell. Accurate?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

doverhog posted:

My idea of taco bell is a mcdonald hamburger stuffed in a taco shell. Accurate?

Taco Bell ground beef is way better than McDonalds beef.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

Taco Bell is cheaper and better tasting than most other fast food options, and the fact that it's not "authentic" Mexican food is completely meaningless.

I actually do hate when people judge food based on “authenticity”

Especially when it comes to say, chinese or mexican food in North America or indian food in the UK. It’s adapted to local ingredients and tastes but most of the dishes were in fact invented by immigrant chefs and are very often still made at restaurants owned and operated by immigrants or their descendants. Seems kind of insulting. And US-mexican dishes in particular are often descended from mexican-mexican dishes that the border moved over.

Gripweed posted:

Taco Bell ground beef is way better than McDonalds beef.

True

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I've only had taco bell once in my life because my parents absolutely hated mexican food. I like mexican food a lot, but the taco bell I had that one time in college was just "ehh". Not nearly spicy/flavorful enough. As an adult I just don't go because when I get a mexican craving I'll just go to something like Moe's. No drive-through but it's a lot better, even with the obnoxious "welcome to moes" they force all their employees to shout out every time the door opens.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Taco Bell is my go-to cheap stoner trash food and I find it delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

I don't get this, help please