Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I don't know why, but all of a sudden I feel really bad for that coin up in the first room. Just sitting there, watching our heroes dispatch all the enemies thinking "I'm sure they'll come back for me as soon as they're done :)."

That Italian Guy posted:

Barrow Lair, Round 7B

:fuckoff:
That was close! There is something metaphysically satisfying in a Skeleton being punched so hard into a Sarcophagus that it dies again.
Gloomhaven Trivia Time: why was the Living Bones killed by Rocky's attack?
Answer: a NULL or NULL(CURSE) attack modifier reduces any incoming attack value to 0. This only applies to the attack itself, though, not to the rest of the attack action. It doesn't stop the PUSH, of course, but it doesn't even prevent the additional 2 Damage, since those are part of the attack action, but not part of the attack the NULL modifier is tied to. SHIELD only reduces attack damage as well and does not apply to other effects of the attack action.

Without the MUDDLE effect, Master Splinter would have lost 3HP instead of one. Not a bad deal!

The zombies have all clumped up. Our players must make good use of AOE and positioning to dance around with them and avoid their counter attacks.

PIERCE allows an attack to ignore up to X points of SHIELD the target has. In this case, it has made the difference between a dead or a dead-dead skeleton :skeltal:it's an undead joke:skeltal:

:ese: Master Splinter can make things very, very dead. Stunned AND dead.

Well, that was a very impressive round from our party. The three biggest threat are dead...now only an army of moldy zombies stands between our heroes and the loot victory!
Remaining CURSE cards:
- Master Splinter: 3 (18 cards in the deck)
- Bullwinkle: 2 (15 cards in the deck)
- Rocky: 1 (11 cards in the deck)

Active players please provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The coin from the skeleton that died into the coffin at C3 (main chamber) has disappeared in the last few images. It shouldn't matter much as it's kinda out of the way, but still.

Status report: everybody's (un)dead, Dave.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
More like FUNdead! :xd:

This turn I can stab corpse 1 then go invisible. Other suggestions welcome.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Omobono posted:

The coin from the skeleton that died into the coffin at C3 (main chamber) has disappeared in the last few images. It shouldn't matter much as it's kinda out of the way, but still.

Status report: everybody's (un)dead, Dave.

The coin was removed because Summoned monsters do not drop coins.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
^^^^^ Bingo!

Reik posted:

I don't know why, but all of a sudden I feel really bad for that coin up in the first room. Just sitting there, watching our heroes dispatch all the enemies thinking "I'm sure they'll come back for me as soon as they're done :)."

Well if it makes you feel better, it's in good company...there are 3 coin tokens in the very first room, one for each Bandit Archer that once was there. In fact, the only token looted so far belonged to the single non elite Archer in Room 2.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Hmm, well my original plan for this turn won't be quite as impressive now but no big deal. I'm gonna stab a zombie and then move up and make some space. Elephant Ambush and archduke.iago, how quickly are you two planning to move?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

Hmm, well my original plan for this turn won't be quite as impressive now but no big deal. I'm gonna stab a zombie and then move up and make some space. Elephant Ambush and archduke.iago, how quickly are you two planning to move?

I think I know what you mean and I can go before you and get out of your way. Is it ok if I get the loot from the corpse I just stabbed or would you prefer me completely out of the way?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I'm pretty sure you don't know what I mean, haha. I guess it doesn't really matter that much, though. I'll just go at the faster of my two initiatives and then see what everyone else is planning to do. I'll be able to do what I want this turn even if both of you go before me AND kill every enemy you target, so it's not really a problem.

Right now I'm worried that I won't get the last two ticks of my Warding Strength for the experience. That's a strange thought given how early I popped it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
OK then if nobody objects I'm going to stab the corpse next to me and then go invisible.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Fine with me. I'm planning to stab corpse #5 and then move and maybe push some zombies around a bit depending on the situation.

EDIT: Orders in. I changed my mind very slightly and am going relatively slowly instead of relatively quickly. I'm still going to hit at least one zombie and maybe push them around a little bit, depending on how the round shapes up.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 20, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Barrow Lair, Round 8A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

None!

ROUND REVEAL

Unsurprisingly, zombies are going last and moving slow.

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand5, Discarded2, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 14 with Into the Night and Possession.

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"

"POSSESSION (51) [LvlX]
TOP: One adjacent ally may perform ATK6 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: One ally withing Range3 may perform MOVE4"
Rocky (Hand6, Discarded2, Active0, Lost3) is acting at initiative 41 with Forceful Storm and Rock Tunnel.

41. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (archduke.iago) posted:

code:
"FORCEFUL STORM (53) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK3, Range3, AOE (check image) - DISARM - Gain XP1 for each enemy 
targeted - Generate AIR - LOSS 
BOT: Round bonus Add +2ATK to all your melee attacks this round. "

"ROCK TUNNEL (41) [Lvl1]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle - XP1
BOT: MOVE5, Jump - IMMOBILIZE (Target all enemies moved through) - XP1 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand4, Discarded3, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 64 with Sweeping Blow and Skewer.

64. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Zurai) posted:

code:
"SWEEPING BLOW (64) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, PBAOE (check image)
BOT: MOVE3 - PUSH1 (Target all adjacent enemies)"

"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :)
Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email! DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 20, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Depending on how well the flips go, Cragheart may be able to start moving to the first room to loot after their attack.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Haha this is going to be a huge awesome mess.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

My orders are going to be a mess, that's for sure. I have no idea what's going to be alive or where it's going to be on my turn, haha.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Master Splinter, I'm going to be disarming the zombies this turn, so there's no need to go invisible. If you'd like, do you mind standing on the southern coin and stabbing Zombie 5 instead? It should make the AOE more efficient- if you kill zombie 1, I can only hit 2 of the remainder.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

archduke.iago posted:

Master Splinter, I'm going to be disarming the zombies this turn, so there's no need to go invisible. If you'd like, do you mind standing on the southern coin and stabbing Zombie 5 instead? It should make the AOE more efficient- if you kill zombie 1, I can only hit 2 of the remainder.

Can do.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I'm just going to try and maximize damage with Skewer. Who wants to go for the treasure chest?I have a feeling these zombies are going to come up with a sudden case of being re-dead.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

I'm just going to try and maximize damage with Skewer. Who wants to go for the treasure chest?I have a feeling these zombies are going to come up with a sudden case of being re-dead.

I'm technically the most mobile but I also don't want to be greedy.

namad
Nov 7, 2013

Narsham posted:

Note that it is also possible to prevent damage by losing two cards from your discard. This is almost always extremely bad, but for a Spellweaver thinking about getting all her lost cards back it can be a viable option.

Using the odd loss card to reduce incoming damage is indeed valuable, but remember too that in many scenarios, using a loss card can also reduce the amount of time it will take to win. That is good for everyone, not just you.

This can also be a good reason to short rest instead of long resting. If you're not safe, and you have no cards in your hand you'll be losing twice as many cards to prevent damage each time you're attacked (at low hp). If things are really desperate it can even be a reason to short rest with 1 card in hand, but I doubt I've ever done it in that case. (Even if I encountered situations where I should've, I would've been too stubborn).

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Always be greedy!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

archduke.iago posted:

Master Splinter, I'm going to be disarming the zombies this turn

Chopping off the arms of a zombie doesn’t work, you have to aim for the head.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fat Samurai posted:

I think that's de-arming.

Disarming is when you toss them a cheeky coquettish wink.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fat Samurai posted:

Looks like someone's never played Dead Space.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Looks like someone's never played Dead Space.

That Isaac knew a lot about zombies. Naming coincidence? You decide.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Fine with me. I kinda want to get hit twice more for the XP from Warding Strength anyway.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

Fine with me. I kinda want to get hit twice more for the XP from Warding Strength anyway.

Currently my only jump card is in my discard pile but I think I'll be short resting at least once more before we're done so when that happens I'll charge in for it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Orders in. I'm just going to move as needed to maximize Skewer damage and possibly snag a coin.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Everyone's orders are in, but I won't be able to update till this evening GMT since I have a very large deadline at work this week; tomorrow's update will also be delayed to the evening. Due to the timezone difference this could not impact the schedule that much, but just FYI this week is going to be a bit rocky.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

Everyone's orders are in, but I won't be able to update till this evening GMT since I have a very large deadline at work this week; tomorrow's update will also be delayed to the evening. Due to the timezone difference this could not impact the schedule that much, but just FYI this week is going to be a bit rocky.

No worries. Take care of more important stuff.

Thanks again for running this! I'm having a blast :)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Don't worry about it, it's the tail end of the scenario anyway. Real life definitely comes first.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Thanks guys!

Fun fact of the day: today I've discovered that the new DELL Servers can have their SFP module assembled upside down (with no port labeled) so that what you believe to be eth2 is 3 and viceversa. FUN!

I should be home soon, update to follow in the next few hours!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

That Italian Guy posted:

Thanks guys!

Fun fact of the day: today I've discovered that the new DELL Servers can have their SFP module assembled upside down (with no port labeled) so that what you believe to be eth2 is 3 and viceversa. FUN!

I should be home soon, update to follow in the next few hours!

I feel your pain. Last night I was struggling with an absolutely bizarre bug in Google Sheets. It was for a personal project, not paying work, but I was still wrestling for an hour with Google insisting that 5 is in fact less than or equal to 4 -- but if and only if the 4 came from an HLOOKUP returning a value found from an IMPORTRANGE. If I manually input 5<=4, it gave the expected results. If I input 5<=IMPORTRANGE(...) where IMPORTRANGE resulted in 4, it gave the expected results. If I input 5<=HLOOKUP(...), where HLOOKUP was fetching that 4 from the IMPORTRANGE, suddenly the answer was TRUE.

What the gently caress Google.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Zurai posted:

I feel your pain. Last night I was struggling with an absolutely bizarre bug in Google Sheets. It was for a personal project, not paying work, but I was still wrestling for an hour with Google insisting that 5 is in fact less than or equal to 4 -- but if and only if the 4 came from an HLOOKUP returning a value found from an IMPORTRANGE. If I manually input 5<=4, it gave the expected results. If I input 5<=IMPORTRANGE(...) where IMPORTRANGE resulted in 4, it gave the expected results. If I input 5<=HLOOKUP(...), where HLOOKUP was fetching that 4 from the IMPORTRANGE, suddenly the answer was TRUE.

What the gently caress Google.

Might've been treating that 4 as text instead of a number for whatever reason. Usually throwing a VALUE() around both numbers fixes it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I considered that as a possibility (though I didn't know about VALUE(), thanks!) but using just an HLOOKUP with no IMPORTRANGE worked fine, and the real kicker is that after I set up an alternate method where I didn't use HLOOKUP (basically just importing the data to specific cells in my behind the scenes formulas sheet instead of grabbing them from dynamic places in a data sheet), but before I actually changed the code to use those new methods, it started working properly again.

I genuinely have no idea what the hell was going on last night, but whatever, the new method worked and I'm very pleased with how my project turned out:

It's a fully data-driven hexcrawl tool. It covers weather (based off a spreadsheet I found elsewhere, I didn't make that one!), encounters, interesting locations, and such by date, region, and hex within the region.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 21, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

^^^^ nice!

Barrow Lair, Round 8B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

None!

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Elephant Ambush) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Possession (top as basic ATK2)! Attacks Living Corpse 1 for 0 (2base, NULL(CURSE)mod, +2bonus) damage!
Curse card removed from the deck!
- Master Splinter uses Into the Night (bot as basic MOVE2)! Moves 1 to G7(2).
Master Splinter executed end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token.

Well it was meant to happen sooner or later...

41. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (archduke.iago) posted:

- Rocky uses Forceful Storm (top)! Targets H6(2) with top hex! Generates AIR. Gains 3XP. LOSS card!
Attacks Living Corpse 1 for 0 (3base, +0mod) damage!
Living Corpse 1 is at 1 HP and is DISARMED!
Attacks Living Corpse 2 for 0 (3base, +0mod) damage!
Living Corpse 2 is at 2 HP and is DISARMED!
Attacks Living Corpse 5 for 0 (3base, +0mod) damage!
Living Corpse 5 is at 3 HP and is DISARMED!
- Rocky uses Rock Tunnel (bot)! Jumps 5 to door b hex though F6(2), H6(2), J6(2), I7(2). Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
Living Corpse 1 is at 1 HP and is DISARMED and IMMOBILIZED!
Living Corpse 2 is at 2 HP and is DISARMED and IMMOBILIZED!
Living Corpse 5 is at 3 HP and is DISARMED and IMMOBILIZED!

Well, that was a lot of damage and a lot of status effects.

64. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Zurai) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Sweeping Blow (bot)! Moves 1 to F6(2). No PUSH executed.
- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (top)! Consumes AIR. Gains 1XP.
Attacks Living Corpse 1 for 3 (4base, -1mod, PIERCE1) damage!
Living Corpse 1 is killed!
Attacks Living Corpse 2 for 4 (4base, +0mod, PIERCE1) damage!
Living Corpse 2 is killed!

Deep down, Living Corpse 4 is reconsidering its unlife choices.

66. Living Corpse 3, 4, 5 posted:

- Living Corpse 3 focuses Master Splinter! Moves 1 to door c hex.
- Living Corpse 4 focuses Rocky! Moves 1 to J6(2)
Attacks Rocky for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage.
Rocky is at 6 HP.
- Living Corpse 5 focuses Master Splinter! Loses IMMOBILIZED and DISARMED.

...or maybe it's planning its revenge? :argh:

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

None!

Well, these zombies are still standing. Kinda. Unfortunately for our players, the two more exposed to the AoE patterns were also two of the more already-falling apart zombies. We'll probably play 1 or 2 more rounds and then, depending on the outcome, we may expedite the ending :)

Active players please provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 21, 2019

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Aside from Splinter stubbing his toe instead of stabbing a zombie, that went very well. This turn I'll just be going fast and smacking a zombie hard to earn some XP. I'll be resting after this round, probably just a short rest unless I get hit hard here. EDIT: Zombie 4 will not be a problem for this round. It will either be dead or stunned.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 21, 2019

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
:munch: Do we already have players chosen for mission 3 or will that be decided after this one?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

The next players in rotation are:
Zulily Zoetrope
Narsham
Ripley

As always you can see the queue here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X5o0-NfbKZAB0kV25QTrrvM8narQRumiMYyh_TpAlvM/edit?usp=sharing

It's gonna be a few day before then though :) I presume we'll have a couple more updates for Scenario 2, and a couple more spent between events, considering our future destinations and living the good life in the City itself.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

That Italian Guy posted:

The next players in rotation are:
Zulily Zoetrope
Narsham
Ripley

As always you can see the queue here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X5o0-NfbKZAB0kV25QTrrvM8narQRumiMYyh_TpAlvM/edit?usp=sharing

It's gonna be a few day before then though :) I presume we'll have a couple more updates for Scenario 2, and a couple more spent between events, considering our future destinations and living the good life in the City itself.

Oh wow, so it's going to be a loooong time before I get to play again, okay.