Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Elitist Bitch posted:

Nice to see you Fuzzy! Have fun!

Same EB!

Hope all is well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That whole podcast is an excellent listen, as are the Kyle Busch and Terry Labonte ones.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1085265831662157824?s=19

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

popular fellow that chase

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

With the NASCAR Monster Cup series 2019 season starting with the Daytona 500 that is only about 30 days away. I have been offered a opportunity to be back behind the wheel as a winning driver in a car with a charter (Locked in every race) we need a few great marketing/ Sponsorship partners to compete in 2019
Your invited To join our team for a great ride in 2019!
Mike Wallace. mw91@aol.com

I mean...Mike Wallace isn't a bad plate racer at all, I just don't see him being competitive the other 32 races a year.

I'm curious as to who this would be for, too. Here's the Charter list: http://www.espn.com/jayski/pages/story/_/id/18714084/nascar-charter-system

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

How can I say no to a team who can barely construct a sentence? I'll hit up that AOL address for sure

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/TBR_Racing/status/1085597455394189312?s=20

kidcoelacanth posted:

How can I say no to a team who can barely construct a sentence? I'll hit up that AOL address for sure

That came from Mike's Facebook page and Jayski picked up on it, so it's Mike whose grammar skills are sorely lacking. He hasn't said which team, but I'm wondering if it's Jeff Dickerson's team that bought the 78 charter, which seems like it might have enough people behind it to make it quasi-competitive.

In any event, it feels like when Terry and Bobby Labonte drove the 32 because they needed an experienced driver to give them feedback on their cars and they kinda went "Sure, why not".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

How does the guy who once met Daisy Ridley and totally blew it not get one entry on the top 10?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_UppyD9XNY

(I randomly found this and the end is worth the whole thing.)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

How does the guy who once met Daisy Ridley and totally blew it not get one entry on the top 10?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_UppyD9XNY

(I randomly found this and the end is worth the whole thing.)

Stars: they're just like us!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/TBR_Racing/status/1085597455394189312?s=20

That came from Mike's Facebook page and Jayski picked up on it, so it's Mike whose grammar skills are sorely lacking. He hasn't said which team, but I'm wondering if it's Jeff Dickerson's team that bought the 78 charter, which seems like it might have enough people behind it to make it quasi-competitive.

In any event, it feels like when Terry and Bobby Labonte drove the 32 because they needed an experienced driver to give them feedback on their cars and they kinda went "Sure, why not".

I was thinking Rick Ware's #51.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

How ya'll feel about Alex Bowman?

Ask cuz I met him last night and he was insanely nice.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I worry that he's going the sponsorbot route. He seems like a good dude and an okay driver but just kinda... eh...

Especially when you compare him to someone like Ryan Blaney, etc.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

He kind of has to go that route if he wants to survive in the current landscape. It's a very small number that can get by on strong personality.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

True, for sure. I didn't mean to sound like it was a bad thing. He just seems a bit middle of the road.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Yeah no I get where you're coming from. It's more just the nature of the beast these days.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/MartinTruex_Jr/status/1085991194566541313

Good lookin' car

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
:smith:

https://twitter.com/woodbrothers21/status/1086231324707442688

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

aero/engine schedule

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dude's influence is unbelievable and transcends even cup.

RIP and thank you Glenn.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Yeah no I get where you're coming from. It's more just the nature of the beast these days.

It really is.

I don't know...it's good to have a guy to cheer for in cup again. I felt really lost not having Dale Jr. in it any more.

It's nice to have Bowman, Larson and a few others step up though.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

big nipples big life posted:

aero/engine schedule

Idk what this poo poo means but I'm betting Pocono, Homestead, and Darlington are all gonna suck.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
What is this idiocy

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Peanut President posted:

Idk what this poo poo means but I'm betting Pocono, Homestead, and Darlington are all gonna suck.

I mean, Homestead and Darlington have sucked for a while now. Pocono is just that weird outlier lately. Pocono was bad for a long time.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Proud Christian Mom posted:

What is this idiocy

NASCAR 2019: What is this idiocy

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

aero/engine schedule

Well that's something they skipped on telling us. So is it just the aero ducts that change each race and does it include different spoilers too? 550 hp and 2018 aero rules sounds borderline awful.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WindyMan posted:

KidC, do the needful.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The idea of every cookie cutter and D oval becoming a quasi-plate race is something I am unsure about.

WindyMan posted:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

It's pretty obvious they have no idea if this is gonna work since they're having their biggest race of the year use 2018 rules.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

dentist toy box posted:

It's pretty obvious they have no idea if this is gonna work since they're having their biggest race of the year use 2018 rules.

NASCAR 2019: 2018 Rules!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

algebra testes posted:

The idea of every cookie cutter and D oval becoming a quasi-plate race is something I am unsure about.

I would've been fine with them doing the new aero package in one of the two races where there are two dates (like Texas) so, in case it sucks, at least you'd have the other package to fall back on which, while not great, may not have been...as bad? Truth be told, though, it can't get much worse on cookie cutters than it already is so, if you can make it look like the last couple years of IROC, it might be an improvement.

It's either going to be entertaining or a colossal dickstep which somehow results in yet another way to drive fans out of the sport. No pressure.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Karsyn Elledge, the daughter of Kelley Earnhardt and Jimmy Elledge. . . made her Chili Bowl Midget Nationals debut this week with Tucker-Boat Motorsports, winning a Thursday heat and her H-Main. In true Earnhardt fashion, she even rattled the cages of her competitors, drawing some inflammatory words from a rival crew member after winning her H.

https://twitter.com/ShaneHmiel/status/1086743351171473408

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Karsyn ?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They were big Total Request Live fans.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
33rd Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals

code:
A Feature
55 laps | 00:00:00
Pos	Start	Driver	Hometown	Car
1	2	Christopher Bell	Norman, OK	71W
2	3	Kyle Larson	Elk Grove, CA	01
3	5	Justin Grant	Ione, CA	4A
4	7	Brady Bacon	Broken Arrow, OK	76M
5	8	Zach Daum	Pocahontas, IL	5D
6	22	Tyler Courtney	Indianapolis, IN	7C
7	11	Brad Sweet	Grass Valley, CA	1R
8	12	C.J. Leary	Greenfield, IN	55V
9	1	Logan Seavey	Sutter, CA	67
10	4	Tanner Thorson	Minden, NV	3C
11	13	Danny Stratton	Reading, PA	47X
12	15	Jonathan Beason	Broken Arrow, OK	8J
13	16	Tucker Klaasmeyer	Paola, KS	27
14	21	Colby Copeland	Roseville, CA	87
15	6	Rico Abreu	Rutherford, CA	97
16	18	Michael Faccinto	Hanford, CA	31B
17	14	Chad Boat	Phoenix, AZ	84X
18	10	David Gravel	Watertown, CT	76G
19	19	Cole Bodine	Rossville, IN	57C
20	23	Robert Dalby	Anaheim, CA	4D
21	24	Jake Neuman	New Berlin, IL	3N
22 (DNF)	17	Ricky Stenhouse Jr	Olive Branch, MS	17S
23 (DNF)	9	Shane Golobic	Fremont, CA	17C
24 (DNF)	20	Sean McClelland	Tulsa, OK	15S
It's great seeing Danny Stratton finish in the top 11. A Williams Grove boy doing good.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ya'll see that Chili Bowl finish?

Goddamn.

Larson is like Earnhardt at Daytona or Michael Andretti at Indy.

Bell is a beast at that track. He owns the deed to it at this point

https://twitter.com/ChaseBriscoe5/status/1086871371651661825

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

FuzzySkinner posted:

ya'll see that Chili Bowl finish?

https://twitter.com/Jacob___Mann/status/1086882575715655680

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

aero/engine schedule

this makes me sad. I feel like 550 hp at a 1.5 mile tri-oval means we're just going to have like 20 daytona's on the schedule.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 22, 2019

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

tater_salad posted:

this makes me sad. I feel like 550 hp at a 1.5 mile tri-oval means we're just going to have like 20 daytona's on the schedule.

I think that is their goal.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I think that is their goal.

me too.. and it makes me sad

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Roval is a 550 race when the other 2 road courses are 750. Leave it to NASCAR to gently caress up one of the bright spots from last season. I hope that is a typo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

my greatest hope is they realize midseason how much it sucks and panic switch back