Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Pacra posted:

I don't hate the clueless millenials though. I definitely hate the clueless boomers.

Many clueless millennials either have a sense of humor about it or internalize their embarrassment. The latter is not healthy but when I’ve hosed up something simple and asked for help that’s my usual gambit. :sigh:

Clueless Boomers, in my experience, take anything I have to say to them as a personal slight or as a humiliation and get hella defensive.

Peacoffee posted:

“Link! The chudmoon rises!”
Nah it’s more like

—————
What a
Horrible
Month to
Have a
Shutdown
——————

At this point... :smith:

tehinternet posted:

Your mom fuckin’ owns and you do too, friendo. How old is your mom out of curiosity?

Late 50’s now. She used to be a wiz at Mario games and one of my key memories of her old NES skills was actually making it to the end of Ghosts and Goblins and being super pissed that it took her back to the start for one more go. I feel her on that I don’t think I’ve ever made it to the end without save scumming it or using Game Genie so props to her on that one.

Raised By Birds posted:

Logan's Run(ing)

LAST DAY!!! RENEW RENEW!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pacra posted:

I'd dispute the millenial part - as a millenial IT dude as well, I do see a lot of boomer tickets, but recall that most computing consumed by late millenials and gen z was created to be as simple and streamlined as possible - best example being apple's walled garden of iphone poo poo. If millenial/genZ customers have something break, there's a significant subsection that can easily figure it out, and yet another significant subsection that have absolutely no clue, just as much as the boomers.

I don't hate the clueless millenials though. I definitely hate the clueless boomers.

Most clueless boomers actively refuse to learn anything or even adequately explain their problem out of spite and learned helplessness is the thing.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nick Sandmann, the chud kid mocking the native american, is on msnbc claiming to have been victimized by the old man hitting his drum.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Nonsense posted:

Nick Sandmann, the chud kid mocking the native american, is on msnbc claiming to have been victimized by the old man hitting his drum.

Despicable. What a piece of garbage.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

Tell me they laughed him out of the building.

Or at very least challenged him on his stance...

Better yet ... why the hell did they give him a drat platform to begin with :wtc:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Anyone mind posting me a link to the stream replay from when AOC gets on?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Spiffster posted:

Better yet ... why the hell did they give him a drat platform to begin with :wtc:

No, every big media figure I've seen so far has been trying to lionize him as some kind of Hero of Civility and is buying his version of events whole hog because nothing matters and the moral arc of the universe bends toward evil. Congratulations to future Senate Majority Leader Nick Sandmann, R-KY for winning at life.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nonsense posted:

He’s lying in exactly the way a kid used to being beaten for misbehaving lies when he thinks he’s going to get in trouble, just disclaiming all responsibility with total earnestness.

He’ll never take responsibility for anything in his life.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
In old video gamers chat I wanted to mention that my father turned 81 this year and plays HL2 deathmatch every night. He's played thousands of hours and I stopped trying to compete with him years ago. He was terrible back in the Unreal/UT days but now he makes shots I couldn't make even when I was young and played often.

His gateway drug was Speedball 2. Wore out a few joysticks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQbsVPxtHHc

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Thread has inspired me to get a switch.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nintendo should own parts of the United States like Sony does Japan!

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Also the Patriots are going back to the Super Bowl again this year so once again the sports chuds are going to be insufferable unless T*m Br*dy loses again like he did last year.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1087191427589779456

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

This hurts me more than you could possibly know.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Here you go. If the timestamp doesn't work, it's 12h2m.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

https://twitter.com/nicolas09F9/status/1087134341384290306

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Launch Massachusetts into the sun.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

We'll never win the electoral college if we do that

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Spiffster posted:

—————
What a
Horrible
Month to
Have a
Shutdown
——————

At this point... :smith:

http://deathgenerator.com/#cv2 has got you covered:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

One of two states where a majority of white people voted Hillary and a majority of men voted Hillary

Smug

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

The Glumslinger posted:

"So wait, these people play videogames and 1000s of people watch them play and then give them money? :psyduck:"

Enough money to buy a multi million dollar mansion in Hollywood. And here I am working on the other side of software like a loving idiot.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Compromise: Launch Tom Brady into the sun

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
If you thought the nothing matters takes were bad here, you should have seen the football funhouse during overtime.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Mantis42 posted:

You cannot solve systematic issues with individual action.

Launch professional sports into the Sun.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Charlz Guybon posted:

If you thought the nothing matters takes were bad here, you should have seen the football funhouse during overtime.

It’s funny how much overlap there is between D&D and TFF

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

Deal.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Spiffster posted:

nine-gear crow posted:

No, every big media figure I've seen so far has been trying to lionize him as some kind of Hero of Civility and is buying his version of events whole hog because nothing matters and the moral arc of the universe bends toward evil. Congratulations to future Senate Majority Leader Nick Sandmann, R-KY for winning at life.

The kid deserves explusion and for every future employment opportunity to fail for being linked to this video until he is destitute and penniless. But our weak media lets evil win.

If we want good, we need to recognize the inherent inhumanity of the other side and recognize they do not deserve to change reality to fit their warped and twisted beliefs and narrative. If we do not, I swear to God, we will all get exterminated. Only through the reconogtion of the direness of our situation and the endless, near-insurmountable evil of our hated enemy can we win.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004
I didn't see Patriots fans doing a war chant or a tomahawk chop during the game. KC and Washington fan bases can eat poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

YodaTFK posted:

I didn't see Patriots fans doing a war chant or a tomahawk chop during the game. KC and Washington fan bases can eat poo poo.

yes famous non racists, Patriots fans

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Mantis42 posted:

It costs too much fuel to crash into the sun and more realistic to agree on just launching him out into space never to return.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

CmdrRiker posted:

It costs too much fuel to crash into the sun and more realistic to agree on just launching him out into space never to return.

I'd settle for a catapult into the ocean.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sanguinia posted:

I case anybody wants it, this is the complete list of the guests we've been on Hbomb's DK64 stream, and links to their organizations/content. It's still being added to. Cross-posted from RGD.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wMXdmC9acxqzaAzNG9ET7AiGOamBxMxsUrFrOsT69e8/htmlview?usp=drivesdk&sle=true

Lindsay Ellis! Cool, missed that, need to find a clip of that.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

yes famous non racists, Patriots fans

lol

racism? in new england? well now i've heard everything!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

eke out posted:

lol

racism? in new england? well now i've heard everything!

I'm not here to pretend the chiefs aren't racist, but man you are not gonna fight the lesser of the two racist native themed teams with Literally Boston's Favorite Team

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’m willing to ritually sacrifice the Red Sox for their particular racist past. Last team to integrate.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Boston sports fans are hosed because they hate the Yankees yet love the Football Yankees.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it's cool how both the WaPo and NYT in a 24 hour stretch have rushed to publish so multiple anonymous-DOJ-sourced pieces about how buzzfeed isn't like them, real journalists

https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/1087147040306384897

we now know that higher-ups at the DOJ personally intervened to get Mueller to try to discredit buzzfeed and those same people are feeding (inconsistent) stories to their main rivals in order to poo poo on them

the odds that the leopold/comier piece is basically correct seem higher than ever lol

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

FilthyImp posted:

Man gently caress this lady. Also

Build the wall? Those fuckers thought he was Mexican doing some Aztec poo poo!

quote:

Extended footage depicts the apparent leader of the religious group hurling homophobic slurs at the students. “That’s Make America Great Again, a bunch of child-molesting f****ts”, he is heard to say. Another member – who seems to be the person filming – is recorded calling the children “dirty-rear end crackers” and “racist bastards”. Approaching the students, he continues loudly: “Look at all these dusty-rear end crackers with that racist garbage on.”

This is loving amazing. "Other people were mean to my kids calling them MAGA faggots and racist crackers, and then to prove they weren't they were racist assholes to some other group uninvolved in the aggravation" What an amazingly Christian people. gently caress'em. Bunch of snowflakes couldn't win against the other group, so they pick on the minority

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

on behalf of all gays, i want to apologize to the homophobes that other homophobes were homophobic to them

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Timeless Appeal posted:

Boston sports fans are hosed because they hate the Yankees yet love the Football Yankees.

some of us are old enough to have rooted for them when they went 1-15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
https://twitter.com/thecjpearson/status/1087187371572060160

What can possibly come from this?