Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Laranzu posted:

Bet the mom gets a sweet gig on Breitbart though.

I wonder if she has any opinions about Benjamin Ghazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I do kinda wonder which Russian bot farm is pressing this story so hard to reunite the chuds. No other day would a picture of one punchable rear end in a top hat cause a news tsunami that hard.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
It's the right wing media machine protecting their own, not russia

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Laranzu posted:

Yeah you don't get that many kids and chaperones complicit in lovely behavior unless it's the prevailing attitude at the institution.

That institution being a rich enough Catholic School in Kentucky to bus a load of chuds to DC didn't leave much doubt about whether they were going to double down and close ranks. They might do some token punishment at the most. Maybe a written apology authored by the PR firm.

Bet the mom gets a sweet gig on Breitbart though.

True, if he wasn't singled out he wouldn't be remorseful for being part of that crowd- none of the other kids have felt the need to apologize for their actions. The school brought them there to politicize them and let them make asses of themselves, and now they're in damage control mode. I kinda feel bad for him now, the way he blinks and looks around when he gets confronted shows me that he wanted someone to get him out of that situation. Hell, at 16 I wouldn't know what to do either (well, I knew not to get into political shitshows, but still). gently caress everyone that let this become a thing I guess.

As for the mom, Sarah Sanders is leaving soon, isn't she?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Same thing these days.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Sorta but different issues and I'm too drunk/tired to go into detail

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Yeah but who spun it up in the first place? Nice divisive story chosen specificly for that fact. We need some social media detectives to data mine how it spread for that info.

The protection racket is normal.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So I went out to get photos of the moon. Didn’t have an optimal setup (couldn’t use my lovely tripod and my telephoto lens is terrible in low light) but I still managed to get at least one halfway decent shot.

Moon was super cool and the whole experience was worth my fingers feeling like they’re on fire as they thaw out.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

pantslesswithwolves posted:

So I went out to get photos of the moon. Didn’t have an optimal setup (couldn’t use my lovely tripod and my telephoto lens is terrible in low light) but I still managed to get at least one halfway decent shot.

Moon was super cool and the whole experience was worth my fingers feeling like they’re on fire as they thaw out.

That is pretty drat cool, my neighborhood has too much light pollution to see much here so thanks for taking that.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah I'm not surprised those shitheads showed up, but the MAGA dorks are even dumber for engaging in it and then trying to somehow put the blame on the Native American's who were there.

Also spoiler alert, these schools groups are usually a bunch of shitheads whenever they come to DC (because they treat DC like it's a theme park and not say, a place where other people live and work). The only shocking thing about these idiots is that someone managed to film them being assholes.

I'm surprised they strayed so far from the Holy Grail of lovely school tour group drop off points, the Pentagon City Mall.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Nooses and Whites Only signs at GM plant in 2018.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I think I mentioned the Fyre Festival movie on Discord Friday/Saturday, y'all should really watch it.

I fully expected it to be just 90 minutes of raw, unfiltered Schadenfreude, and while the build-up towards the massive failure that it was definitely gives you a bit of that (because my god, what an absolutely predictable trainwreck every step of the way was), it focuses a lot on other areas like the issues with social media influencers, the team that worked 24/7 for a year to get an app going, only to lose their jobs and have their future stained, and the folks in the Bahamas that put their life blood into it.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

quote:

Do I believe people are a little too sensitive these days? Absolutely," he said. "What passed 20 years ago doesn't pass today."

"You can't say the things you used to say off the cuff. It doesn't excuse it, but it's not racially motivated statements," he added.

"It's just bad judgment."

quote:

One example came from a former union president's testimony, Sweeney-Newbern said, that at a meeting to address the placing of nooses a white supervisor bemoaned that "too big of a deal" was being made.

That supervisor went on to say, "There was never a black person who was lynched that didn't deserve it."

:wtf:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ihatejoelkim/status/1086355123922554880?s=20

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Israel went on an extensive bombing campaign against Iranian targets inside Syria last night.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46941717

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

idgi

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I think they're saying that to some people Biden is really more a celebrity than anything else

E: like, you want him to run for pres, but you'd probably be just as happy with him running an ice cream shop and dunking on people on Twitter instead

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Or he old. Do something else.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Our periodic reminder of why Democrats can't and shouldn't pursue the union/"working class" vote above all else. Unions have always had a huge problem with racist white men.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1086787337860743169?s=19

Uhh i dont think the catholic kids deserve any benefit of the doubt

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

All the school shootings in the USA and karma can't do us a solid?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

As Nero Danced posted:

e: gently caress it, why not

I'll say this, after calming down (this poo poo hits a bit close to home for me so it took some time) I have a much bigger problem with the school than the kid. Kids in general are fuckwads, the group of kids were a bunch of fuckwads, and he may have done some fuckwady things, but the school bused them in and the chaperones let this poo poo happen. I watched a couple videos of the thing and the kid was a lot more nervous than I thought he was at first.

He's not as innocent a victim as he paints himself, but a lot more of the kids around him were being worse.

Apparently, the chaperones didn't just let it happen, they encouraged the kids to shout back at the Black Israelites, which is ridiculously irresponsible. The adults set the standard and the tone for what was acceptable and what to do when confronted. The adults bear the bulk of the responsibility and unfortunately, I doubt any of them will get doxxed or pressured like the kids.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

That Works posted:

JFC I'm dying

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I'm glad you took that with the humor intended.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

That Works posted:

The problem there is sometimes the wrong kid dies.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/kfile/status/1087352313189158912?s=21

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Am I misreading it, or is the "defense" of the Catholic school kids being assholes that there were also other people being assholes in the area?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Am I misreading it, or is the "defense" of the Catholic school kids being assholes that there were also other people being assholes in the area?

Nah, it’s that they’re white

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The defense is that instead of the kids getting in the Indian marcher's faces, it was that the Indians marched over and got in theirs.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That's about the best they can come up with, that the black israelite dudes goaded them into acting exactly like a bunch of maga-hat wearing chuds would act. All the kids and the teachers that let them do this deserve to get raked through the coals, not just the one that got singled out.

e: VVV "We were just trying to counteract their message of hate! :trumpsmug:"

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 21, 2019

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
also the school chant of "build the wall" :jerkbag:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
You ever notice how chuds will work their asses off to dox a dead kid to prove he was actually a thug because he smoked pot once or shoplifted some soda, but they will write big ole thinkpieces about how it's important that racist white kids face zero consequences ever, including the consequence of inconvenience?

I dunno, just a thing I've noticed while toiling on this planet.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Wondering how many people clamoring to defend these kids poo poo all over David Hogg and the other survivors speaking out against school shootings. Willing to bet that's another perfect circle Venn diagram.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

The defense is that instead of the kids getting in the Indian marcher's faces, it was that the Indians marched over and got in theirs.

Also they're not even doing anything! They're just standing there!!! while wearing the modern equivalent of a swastika armband

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Hahaha your kids got shot at. Stop whining.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hahaha your kids got shot at. Stop whining.

No you see its fine because THEY WEREN'T REAL KIDS! They were ISIS Guatemalan crisis actors!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1087360814644899841?s=19

:ironicat:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
That Fyre Festival documentary is fascinating. I would have assumed that an investor would want to see some kind of business plan that breaks down expected costs and profits and basically shows that they've put some thought into how to execute a music festival. Not just "check out these photos of supermodels on the beach, and we've got Drake coming!" It's a real triumph of marketing and social media manipulation.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Geopolitical Twitter dunking is my favorite thing to come out of this hellscape existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That's not a "dunk" that's some insanely tepid poo poo.