Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

HenryEx posted:

As long as you don't touch the Nintendo folder, it should be fine. As long as whatever OS you use doesn't automatically go in and re-set all the file property archive flags on all files on the SD or whatever, it'll be all right. I have little to no experience with OSes asided from Windows, but i'm assuming others wouldn't.

OS X: hold my beer while I create some .ds_store files for you
(not sure if it still does that on removable drives, never checked, but I remember the look on the face of the windows domain sysadmin when I accessed their fileserver with my Mac many, many years ago, and it created thousands of .ds_store files in every directory on the server and every windows user complained about them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

Speaking of SD cards does it matter much what class of card I buy?

I recently got the console and just downloading D3 pretty much maxed out internal storage.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/business/status/1087099324495024128
Investors are feeling confident again, mostly because of that Mario Kart phone game coming in March.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Slower than anticipated sales? Were they projecting one switch per bedroom of every household in the west? :psyduck:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Investors looking at single releases for quick returns are the dumbest motherfuckers on earth.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Steve2911 posted:

Slower than anticipated sales? Were they projecting one switch per bedroom of every household in the west? :psyduck:

The Switch sold obscenely well in its first year, and clearly from an investment standpoint console sales should be doing even better in its second year despite pretty much everyone already owning one.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm not a huge sales number guy but afaik Nintendo had a crazy good Q3 and seem on track to hit their previous goal of 20m sold by the end of this year, which basically everyone projected they wouldn't be able to hit.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

American McGay posted:

I'm not a huge sales number guy but afaik Nintendo had a crazy good Q3 and seem on track to hit their previous goal of 20m sold by the end of this year, which basically everyone projected they wouldn't be able to hit.

That's not good enough for investors, or any market reliant on infinite exponential growth.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

American McGay posted:

Dumb investors seek price spikes instead of thinking about long term growth and dividends, which are both fairly safe bets with a large cap like Nintendo. I think Nintendo paid dividends of something like $6 a share last year which is pretty ok bang for your buck long term. The shares are also eye-wateringly expensive at $300+USD right now which is insane and most of the weakness in price (along with EA et al) has little to do with the company's immediate behaviour (it is a factor of course, but mainly for individual investors) and lots to do with consumer discretionary, IT and communications stocks being in the toilet globally.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Steve2911 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F96FOn3R7w

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Switch sold obscenely well in its first year, and clearly from an investment standpoint console sales should be doing even better in its second year despite pretty much everyone already owning one.

From an investors standpoint - if it's not year-on-year growth then it's not positive. The board meeting at the end of the first year is: "Well done on such a good year!" and on the first day of the next year: "What are you going to do to hit these targets? Which are x% greater than what you did last year?"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Capitalism, ho! By which I mean when is reccetear being ported to switch

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Capitalism, ho! By which I mean when is reccetear being ported to switch

drat I kinda forgot about this game. I wouldn't even care how much it costs, I'd buy it straight away. Isn't the translator a goon?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
We don't actually know if Nintendo hit the optimistic 20M sales projection they set until next week when they release their data. So far it seems they're going to fall short of that, which will bum off some investors, hopefully the software sales will offset that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

We don't actually know if Nintendo hit the optimistic 20M sales projection they set until next week when they release their data. So far it seems they're going to fall short of that, which will bum off some investors, hopefully the software sales will offset that.

or you could just not give a poo poo about the investors

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Would pay a Switch premium for a port of The Orange Box and/or Left 4 Dead 2.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Andrast posted:

or you could just not give a poo poo about the investors

No.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Would pay a Switch premium for a port of The Orange Box and/or Left 4 Dead 2.

Valve aren't publishing games on console ever again, I'm sure of it

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Valve aren't publishing games on console ever again, I'm sure of it

Yeah I know :negative:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I ended up buying The Orange Box on PS3 last month, just so I could play HL2 on my TV

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I ended up buying The Orange Box on PS3 last month, just so I could play HL2 on my TV

oh all the dumb bullshit that gets posted in this thread.....

I'm just kidding. Game on friend. In fact I think there's a dedicated group of players that still play Orange Box Team Fortress 2 because it doesn't have Valve's hat wankery. I don't remember where I saw that and if it was on PS3 or X360.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Gripweed posted:

Everybody throw Smash in the garbage, the crossover fighting game we've all been waiting for is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGV495ObUvY

Holy poo poo.

It's Immortal Kombat

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

. In fact I think there's a dedicated group of players that still play Orange Box Team Fortress 2 because it doesn't have Valve's hat wankery..

When I checked there was only one server and that was in the US so it was absolutely unplayable for me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JBP posted:

Investors ... are the dumbest motherfuckers on earth.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

When I checked there was only one server and that was in the US so it was absolutely unplayable for me.

ah yeah. also the article I saw about that is a couple of years old by now. found it after I had some time:

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/z4kgj9/inside-the-resilient-team-fortress-2-community-on-the-playstation-3

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

The fiscal year doesn't end for another 2 months.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

a direct is needed now more than ever

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Always invest in Nintendo my friends.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

a.lo posted:

a direct is needed now more than ever

For real, if you give a poo poo about Nintendo's financials or these meaningless (to you) articles about investors and ~target sales figures~ in any way, you need a hobby. I recommend playing video games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You know who else cared about financials? That's right, Patrick Bateman

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Investors are feeling confident again, mostly because of that Mario Kart phone game coming in March.

There's a Mario Kart Phone title coming?

Why didn't you get a Steam Link?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Investors were battered, practically physically attacked

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Raserys posted:

Always invest in Nintendo my friends.

Physical night trap prices can only go up up up

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fallom posted:

Investors were battered, practically physically attacked

Pity the Billionaire.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

A reminder of a few reasons why the market was up recently: (1) airline profits up by making economy worse and more expensive, (2) Netflix raising prices again this year, (3) bank profits up due to increased predatory lending. So what investors say doesn’t matter much to the common man

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

Why didn't you get a Steam Link?

It was only €8 to the game :shrug: I don't need another micro console

Weedle
May 31, 2006

It was only €8 to the game :shrug: I don't need another micro console

That’s more than I paid for my Steam Link

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Weedle posted:

That’s more than I paid for my Steam Link

Including shipping? :colbert:

Mine was $10.50 w/ shipping

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My TV has a Steam Link app. It owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Investors are stupid and a system that relies on constant exponential growth to infinite is doomed to fail, inshallah, there is no ethical consumption under capitalism, dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed, etc.

Donkey Kong Cluntry Tropical Freeze is SO loving GOOD, no regrets about buying it a second time, David Wise is a goddamn legend