Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I have no love for either country but drat it Israel’s PR isn’t on fire lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
First reply:
https://twitter.com/brown_johnbrown/status/1087362043827683328

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Yeah they REALLY set themselves up for that one.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yup but hey at least they attack other countries from within their own borders?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Way to walk right into that one. I had the counter written in my head before I even finished reading it.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/USMC/status/108...ingawful.com%2F

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The proper format for that meme is a bunch of ???? labeled where Israel belongs.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'm assuming someone already did that weird butterfly meme with "Is this Israel?".

Possibly a nation's twitter account.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Are we doing tone-deaf MLK tweets?

https://twitter.com/fbi/status/821037660613398529?s=21

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

I have no love for either country but drat it Israel’s PR isn’t on fire lol.

You do not, in fact, "have to hand it to them".

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/presssec/status/1087350986446901249?s=21

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What a great career he had. Hope he's enjoying his retirement.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://twitter.com/kharyp/status/821065303174090753

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

On one hand Israel is a grotesque apartheid state but on the other dank memes.

In conclusion Israel is a land of contrasts.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

You do not, in fact, "have to hand it to them".

It’s a clever PR comment not approval of an apartheid state committing genocide even when fighting with a state that’s calling for their 100% destruction. Both countries can go to hell.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

On one hand Israel is a grotesque apartheid state but on the other dank memes.

In conclusion Israel is a land of contrasts.

~~dubstep 360 no scope a doctor in the back~~

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Incoming friendly predator drone
*bombs school*

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fallom posted:

~~dubstep 360 no scope a doctor in the back~~

hahaha shiiiit

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/ChairmanAlex/status/1087317971477897216

I'd like to apologize on behalf of all decent Ohioans for the Tweet from Chairman Alex the Cincinnati-area GOP chud.

That Works posted:

All the school shootings in the USA and karma can't do us a solid?

Fuckin' :vince:.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Something about saying someone assassinated on a hotel balcony 'gave their life' and 'sacrificed' just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe I'm just reading things in a weird way, but I feel that saying someone 'gave their life' would require a bit more specific intent into the cause of his death. e.g. some dying from smoke inhalation after running into a burning building 'gave their life' while someone who got killed by a drunk driver had 'their life taken'.

Maybe I'm just splitting hairs over nothing.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Brute Squad posted:

Something about saying someone assassinated on a hotel balcony 'gave their life' and 'sacrificed' just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe I'm just reading things in a weird way, but I feel that saying someone 'gave their life' would require a bit more specific intent into the cause of his death. e.g. some dying from smoke inhalation after running into a burning building 'gave their life' while someone who got killed by a drunk driver had 'their life taken'.

Maybe I'm just splitting hairs over nothing.

King knew that someone would probably assassinate him and kept going anyway. Just because he didn't know that specific time and place and person doesn't mean he didn't willfully risk his life for his cause.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Stultus Maximus posted:

King knew that someone would probably assassinate him and kept going anyway. Just because he didn't know that specific time and place and person doesn't mean he didn't willfully risk his life for his cause.

Wasn't trying to say that he didn't risk his life, or that he didn't dedicate his life to the cause, or anything like that. Just that referring to someone assassinated as 'sacrificed' kinda whitewashes the fact that someone decided to murder them.

He absolutely sacrificed in life, but not in death. He got murdered. His life was taken.

Does this make sense, or am I just having the worst takes? Maybe it's just me not wanting to give the shulkster the benefit of the doubt.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I agree with you fwiw

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Brute Squad posted:

Wasn't trying to say that he didn't risk his life, or that he didn't dedicate his life to the cause, or anything like that. Just that referring to someone assassinated as 'sacrificed' kinda whitewashes the fact that someone decided to murder them.

He absolutely sacrificed in life, but not in death. He got murdered. His life was taken.

Does this make sense, or am I just having the worst takes? Maybe it's just me not wanting to give the shulkster the benefit of the doubt.

I hate to give She-huck any credit, but "sacrificed his life" puts more emphasis on King's actions and less on the killer's.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
President Fatness Everdeen is having pictures of himself photoshopped to look more thin and bigger fingered for Ben Garrison his followers on Facebook/Instagram.

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1087419812798754816

YOU CAN SERIOUSLY SEE HIS FINGERS loving GROW

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
lol he really does have a hand thing.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Brute Squad posted:

Not really seeing that it whitewashes he was murdered by using language that emphasizes his courage.

Also we use this exact phrasing to describe people who were killed by other people all the time, dead troops for example.

Love dunking on the she-huck but there's nothing to this one.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

facialimpediment posted:

Fatness Everdeen

"Fatness Evermean" is what I call my cat.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Clean your baseboards bitch!!!!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

OH HEY THE LITTLE poo poo WAS LYING.

https://twitter.com/cbouzy/status/1087403613754978305?s=21

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/mrFawkes51/status/1087212573525565440?s=20

:catstare:

Edit: reading that post chain apparently they call themselves the cov cathlic crazies...

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

loving burn that school down and salt the earth

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

loving burn that school down and salt the earth

Yeah. It's the only way to be sure.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
actually have you considered maybe it was "the blacks" you libtard soyboys fake news

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Stravag posted:

https://twitter.com/mrFawkes51/status/1087212573525565440?s=20

:catstare:

Edit: reading that post chain apparently they call themselves the cov cathlic crazies...

That picture is atrocious enough by itself, why would they feel like they need to fill up their bingo card by pretending the dumb white power handsign is in there as well, especially when that wasn't a thing among mainstream white supremacists until a lot later?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

How does this contradict him? I've avoided some of the story because I'm too sick to be angry at our future.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Dum Cumpster posted:

How does this contradict him? I've avoided some of the story because I'm too sick to be angry at our future.

He said they weren't mocking him but it's pretty clear that they were.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mods changed my name posted:

actually have you considered maybe it was "the blacks" you libtard soyboys fake news

Have you considered getting into a flaming dumpster full of diapers and closing the lid after you?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Have you considered getting into a flaming dumpster full of diapers and closing the lid after you?

we already live in the US, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

colachute posted:

He said they weren't mocking him but it's pretty clear that they were.

Thanks! Head back in sand for a couple days.