Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I saw it in the theater I was 14 with this kid named dj, why the gently caress do I remember that

haljordan fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Kazak posted:

Lol what the gently caress that all sounds incredible

If you found that interesting I highly recommend watching the documentary "Lost Soul". I don't think it's on Netflix anymore but it looks like it's on Prime.

Interesting tidbit I noticed: Not only was David Thewlis (who played the movie's main protagonist) not interviewed for the documentary, but I don't think he's even seen in any of the movie footage that's shown. I don't remember his name even being spoken during the entire thing.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

haljordan posted:

The original director was working to get the film made for like, four years. He was fired after three days of filming. He then moved in with a paralyzed man living on the island and had the makeup crew disguise him as one of the man animals so he could keep an eye on the movie lmao

Seriously that movie was cursed from day one. Val Kilmer was going through a divorce so when he showed up on set he demanded to be in the film 40% less. And Brando, oh man. Peak insane Brando. He insisted that the world's smallest man be in the movie. I think he even wanted to give him all his lines of dialogue as well.

I still feel bad for the guy whose role as Dr. Moreau's right hand man got poo poo canned to the back because Brando wanted the imp to be his mini-me. I also love that the bucket of ice on his head was Brando's solution to staying cool on set so he made them film it in character. The tale of making that movie is peak Hollywood.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

i started watching blade because of this thread

movie is hella good for a comic book movie, and the sequels arnt total disasters either

Blade Trinity is pretty weak, but it's very fun to watch with the director's commentary.

It has a pretty good cast, but the plot goes nowhere and Westley Snipes was having some kind of a mental breakdown.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

lol that headturn

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Harveygod posted:

If you found that interesting I highly recommend watching the documentary "Lost Soul". I don't think it's on Netflix anymore but it looks like it's on Prime.

Interesting tidbit I noticed: Not only was David Thewlis (who played the movie's main protagonist) not interviewed for the documentary, but I don't think he's even seen in any of the movie footage that's shown. I don't remember his name even being spoken during the entire thing.

They originally cast Rob Morrow in that part but he pretty much instantly quit when he saw how insane the production was

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

The best part about this is they originally wanted a trilogy of jake movies. The third movie was scrapped but the script went on and eventually turned into...

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

The first movie is about water issues in LA and Roger Rabbit is about building a highway into LA (aka toon town).

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

haljordan posted:

I saw it in the theater I was 14 with this kid named dj, why the gently caress do I remember that

I saw it when I was 15. All I remember is the girl I liked was in our party, and the Pigman was my favorite.

I have to see this documentary, what is it called?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Wow, there are a lot of sequels to Anaconda

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Scorpion King had one prequel and that prequel had three sequels.

Dragonheart had one sequel (despite killing the last dragon in the world being killed in the first movie) and two prequels.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The Scorpion King sequels are a trip, there’s one where they just all gently caress off to Thailand for the whole movie. I guess the tax breaks looked good.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Alhazred posted:

The Scorpion King had one prequel and that prequel had three sequels.

Dragonheart had one sequel (despite killing the last dragon in the world being killed in the first movie) and two prequels.

Did the dragonheart sequel have a dragon?

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Alhazred posted:

Highlander pulled that multiple times...

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Dirty Dancing I think had a sequel about 15 years ago that someone decided to make out of nowhere.

Doctor Who had a somewhat successful theatrical movie that was non-canon to the TV series back in the 60s. While that doesn't count, it was popular enough to produce a legitimate sequel a short time later.

About a decade after the First X-Files movie and the show being off the air, an out of nowhere sequel to that came out that was probably less popular than the TV series revival.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Quack posted:

Highlander pulled that multiple times...

Let us not speak of any Highlander project that doesn't feature Sean Connery.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

JediTalentAgent posted:

About a decade after the First X-Files movie and the show being off the air, an out of nowhere sequel to that came out that was probably less popular than the TV series revival.

This was greenlit ahead of a writer's strike and I'm pretty sure they just pulled an unused X-Files episode script and rushed it into production. I swear to god there are parts of that movie where you can just feel that there was originally meant to be a commercial break there.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

lizardman posted:

This was greenlit ahead of a writer's strike and I'm pretty sure they just pulled an unused X-Files episode script and rushed it into production. I swear to god there are parts of that movie where you can just feel that there was originally meant to be a commercial break there.

It actually makes sense as a made for tv movie

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

JediTalentAgent posted:

Dirty Dancing I think had a sequel about 15 years ago that someone decided to make out of nowhere.

Doctor Who had a somewhat successful theatrical movie that was non-canon to the TV series back in the 60s. While that doesn't count, it was popular enough to produce a legitimate sequel a short time later.

The movie is typical late 90s Fox but they at least got the guy who played #7 to film a regeneration sequence. The 8th Doctor (Paul McGann) is mostly in audio books but has shown up in the new series here and there.

JediTalentAgent posted:

That's because it completely ignored the fact that Mulder and Sculley's baby existed, as well as the nearly everything else that was revealed in the last season. I'm a massive X-Files fan and all I remember about the movie is Billy Connolly.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Blazing Ownager posted:

I wish we could all erase Dumb & Dumber 2 from existence

Never saw it but every second looks like pain

ED: I don't mean Dumb & Dumberer, the prequel, but it that's caught in the blast radius hallelujah

Dumb & Dumber 2 was an absolute abortion. I cannot believe that they allowed that poo poo to be made.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bonzo posted:

The movie is typical late 90s Fox but they at least got the guy who played #7 to film a regeneration sequence. The 8th Doctor (Paul McGann) is mostly in audio books but has shown up in the new series here and there.
I think you missed where he said "in the 60s." Peter Cushing played The Doctor in the two movies.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
One of the Librarian sequels is so made for TV it has fades-to-black literally in the middle of scenes for no other reason than apparently they wanted a commercial break there.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

JediTalentAgent posted:

It’s got a weird history. (We’ve got the rights to the name, and this old screenplay sitting around...hey, why not?)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Dancing:_Havana_Nights#Production

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sunswipe posted:

Let us not speak of any Highlander project that doesn't feature Sean Connery.

It's not like all of the Highlander projects that featured Connery was all that good

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

There are somehow five Return of the Living Dead films.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
There's a sequel to Roadhouse. I have never had any desire to see it because the first one is an absolutely perfect terrible movie and I love it.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I think "if you follow the money, you will get to the truth" is an apt description for nearly every film in this thread

Prince made a sequel to Purple Rain, Graffiti Bridge, which unsurprisingly is the continued story of what a sexy tortured genius Prince is

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gutter Phoenix posted:

There's a sequel to Roadhouse. I have never had any desire to see it because the first one is an absolutely perfect terrible movie and I love it.

Does it star Dolph Lundgren?

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Iron Crowned posted:

Does it star Dolph Lundgren?

No. I would watch the gently caress out of a Roadhouse sequel starring Dolph Lundgren though. That sounds awesome.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Gutter Phoenix posted:

No. I would watch the gently caress out of a Roadhouse sequel starring Dolph Lundgren though. That sounds awesome.

Oh god isn't Jake Busey in it

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

haljordan posted:

Oh god isn't Jake Busey in it

I bet it's Rhonda Rousey

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lou noooooo

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

This happened surprisingly recently (2016)

Freddy vs Jason made more sense

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Revenge of the Nerds has many sequels.

My gateway into Revenge of the Nerds as a kid was the PG-13 sequel "Revenge of the Nerds 2: Nerds in Paradise." Anthony Edwards only shows up briefly at the beginning to explain that he can't go with the rest of the nerds due to breaking his leg or whatever.

Of course, this PG-13 sequel just made kids like me want to see the R-rated first movie... which hasn't aged so well.

Two more made-for-TV (I think) sequels came out in the early 90's. I don't remember them.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

lizardman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InmrhhV0tbo

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Let us not forget the Highlander literal anime movie, which is apparently one of the best Highlander movies.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Never seen it but it gave us https://youtu.be/6EfhAFA2yFE

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Lurking Haro posted:

How about 47 sequels?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otoko_wa_Tsurai_yo
They only stopped because the main actor died, but they are reanimating his dead corpse for another movie this year.

Eh I mean it' basically the James Bond films over and over again. He's just James Bond , total loser.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

LabyaMynora posted:

Revenge of the Nerds has many sequels.

My gateway into Revenge of the Nerds as a kid was the PG-13 sequel "Revenge of the Nerds 2: Nerds in Paradise." Anthony Edwards only shows up briefly at the beginning to explain that he can't go with the rest of the nerds due to breaking his leg or whatever.

Of course, this PG-13 sequel just made kids like me want to see the R-rated first movie... which hasn't aged so well.

Two more made-for-TV (I think) sequels came out in the early 90's. I don't remember them.

Ahhh I've seen the one with Jefferson from married with children and morton downey jr way too many times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
There is a third Sandlot movie starring Dylan from 90210 called The Sandlot: Heading Home. Luke Perry is a baseball player who gets hit in the head and travels back in time.

It also features the kid who originally played Squints, all growed up