Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That picture is atrocious enough by itself, why would they feel like they need to fill up their bingo card by pretending the dumb white power handsign is in there as well, especially when that wasn't a thing among mainstream white supremacists until a lot later?

I don't know the white power hand sign. I figured it's what the kid to the player's right side was doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol their mascot is the old Ol Miss mascot, why am I not surprised

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That picture is atrocious enough by itself, why would they feel like they need to fill up their bingo card by pretending the dumb white power handsign is in there as well, especially when that wasn't a thing among mainstream white supremacists until a lot later?

Counterpoint: The real white power sign is just being a piece of poo poo, but not being afraid at all, because you are white

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Stravag posted:

I don't know the white power hand sign. I figured it's what the kid to the player's right side was doing

It looks much more like a a metal / devils pitchfork thing, but in any case, the focus should be on the kid harassing a black player, and other kids being in loving blackface.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

colachute posted:

He said they weren't mocking him but it's pretty clear that they were.

I want to find and slap Tide every jackass who replies with "WELL WHAT WERE THESE Catholic KIDS SUPPOSED TO DO, WALK AWAY AND TURN THE OTHER CHEEK OR SOME LIBERAL BULLSHIT?"

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Jarmak posted:

Not really seeing that it whitewashes he was murdered by using language that emphasizes his courage.

Also we use this exact phrasing to describe people who were killed by other people all the time, dead troops for example.

Love dunking on the she-huck but there's nothing to this one.

All good points. It was just an odd take that came to me when I read shucks tweet and I wanted to throw it out there.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Huh, but Tide assured me the MSM had this all wrong.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/kokobutterfly0/status/1086810665262698497?s=21

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I really wanted to try to give the kid (individually) the benefit of the doubt but dammit the rest of these fuckers are making it hard.

Then again he wouldn't have felt the need to apologize if he wasn't called out. He'd be happy with his actions if he was just a face in the crowd.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-mlk-day-memorial_us_5c45ef7ce4b0bfa693c5fc9c

quote:

Trump Makes Surprise Visit To MLK Memorial, Leaves After About 2 Minutes
The president addressed reporters during the Martin Luther King Jr. Day visit but did not mention the civil rights icon.

:cool: Bigly classy.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The last 3 paragraphs are just spitting fire at the admin, good poo poo.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

As Nero Danced posted:

I really wanted to try to give the kid (individually) the benefit of the doubt but dammit the rest of these fuckers are making it hard.

Then again he wouldn't have felt the need to apologize if he wasn't called out. He'd be happy with his actions if he was just a face in the crowd.

Apologized through a PR agency. He doesn't deserve anything if his actions were so poor, his family shelled out for professional messaging.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

As Nero Danced posted:

If it was a younger kid it would probably be a lot easier, but given he's lived into his mid/late teens within a social structure that not only okays this kind of behavior but seems to actively encourage it, that's a tall order. Not doing anything concrete just validates it, and almost everything of consequence will feed the whole pariah/martyr mentality where he gets a Kickstarter and a fox news segment.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

holocaust bloopers posted:

Apologized through a PR agency. He doesn't deserve anything if his actions were so poor, his family shelled out for professional messaging.

:lol: They hired a PR firm?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mods changed my name posted:

actually have you considered maybe it was "the blacks" you libtard soyboys fake news

POSSIBILITY CONSIDERED AND DISCARDED AFTER .000000001 SECONDS OF ANALYSIS

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/Ruleyork/status/1087001187231109120

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Just an fyi, when someone hits a three in basketball, they typically throw up a pinky ring middle finger combo that is basically the "OK" symbol. I doubt this is the context but still

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Soulex posted:

Just an fyi, when someone hits a three in basketball, they typically throw up a pinky ring middle finger combo that is basically the "OK" symbol. I doubt this is the context but still

But that's the person who sunk the 3, not some donkeytooth kid on the sidelines

E: it almost looks like he's doing the thing where you thump a can of dip with one hand, just without the dip can

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

E: it almost looks like he's doing the thing where you thump a can of dip with one hand, just without the dip can

It's also reminiscent of the circle fingers thing.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Who cares? You don’t need some dumb white power gang sign to be the smoking gun here.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I really would like to hear more talk about accountability from the adults who told the kids to do this.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

FAUXTON posted:

Its everyone excited he sunk the three. I see it in the audience all the time.

Theres one dude on our schools basketball team that I love to watch react to threes because he is always doing something weird.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

As Nero Danced posted:

I really wanted to try to give the kid (individually) the benefit of the doubt

Why?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Because institutionalized racism and white supremacy expresses in a variety of ways, including jumping through all manners of mental hoops to assume white people aren't being lovely even if every available sense tells you that they are being lovely.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

mlmp08 posted:

Because institutionalized racism and white supremacy expresses in a variety of ways, including jumping through all manners of mental hoops to assume white people aren't being lovely even if every available sense tells you that they are being lovely.

Or I'm part native and dealt with the bullshit he and everyone else in the video displayed my whole life, but wanted to hope he was in a bad situation and didn't know how to get out of it. That hope was misplaced.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

As Nero Danced posted:

Or I'm part native and dealt with the bullshit he and everyone else in the video displayed my whole life, but wanted to hope he was in a bad situation and didn't know how to get out of it.

This is my point. That same bullshit gets internalized in victims of white supremacy, not just white people.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

https://twitter.com/Partisangirl/status/1087375492737523713

:stare:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Reminder that some people in D&D will post up her tweets while pitching a fit if Brown Moses even posts a banal news article. It's fuckin' wild.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I expected someone to throw that in the first 15 minutes.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

mlmp08 posted:

This is my point. That same bullshit gets internalized in victims of white supremacy, not just white people.

Ok, I see what you mean.

I need to take a break from this, it's too pretty a day to get this mad.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

She's Assad's #1 twitter fangirl/propagandist, a real awful fucker all around.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

mlmp08 posted:

Reminder that some people in D&D will post up her tweets while pitching a fit if Brown Moses even posts a banal news article. It's fuckin' wild.

What do they say is the problem with Brown Moses?

I know their actual objection but I assume they'd get banned if they come out and say that all those dead kids were enemies of the True Syrian People and they'd instead figure out some bizarre angle to attack him from.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Generic too neo-lib or alternately think he’s too closely aligned with Western intelligence estimates?

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Execute all tankies with leftover sarin from Assad's stockpile.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Brown Moses gets funding from the Atlantic council and therefore anything he says is.manufactured propoganda

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Is there a reality where Trump could try to hold the elections hostage with a shutdown?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

colachute posted:

Is there a reality where Trump could try to hold the elections hostage with a shutdown?

You're in it

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Brown Moses gets funding from the Atlantic council and therefore anything he says is.manufactured propoganda

Is this a realpost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

MA-Horus posted:

Is this a realpost?

That depends, do you think I'm a loving nitwit? :airquote:

colachute posted:

Despite claims to the contrary the president is not king and a Congress that delayed elections without a monumentally good reason would be inviting social unrest of a level not seen in centuries in the USA... I hope

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 22, 2019