Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nenonen posted:

u misspelled werehows
*werehow's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
a fully fledged market that only needs 2 point something transactions per second. amazing!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

...! posted:

hapticpilot 6 points 2 days ago

Now if you want to make this into a really interesting metaphor imagine a giant cruise ship heading towards our iceburg. The ship, in bold typeface has "FIAT BANKING SYSTEM" written along its side.

If we get big enough before the ship finally strikes us, we're not going to brake apart... we're gonna snap that monster ship in two.

The nearest piece of land for all the passengers that jumped off that sinking ship will be our iceburg. They'll climb on and to their surprise they'll find hotels, shops, flying cars and food: a Bitcoin-driven free market. After finding all that, those passengers wont go calling for help. They'll be installing an SPV wallet and joining the market.

these "people" are deranged

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

yeah i mean everyone knows the story of how all the passengers on the titanic jumped onto the mostly-underwater iceberg and were quickly rescued and nobody died

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

yeah i mean everyone knows the story of how all the passengers on the titanic jumped onto the mostly-underwater iceberg and were quickly rescued and nobody died

thats literally an idea i had when i was 5

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

...! posted:

Now if you want to make this into a really interesting metaphor imagine a giant cruise ship heading towards our iceburg. The ship, in bold typeface has "FIAT BANKING SYSTEM" written along its side.

If we get big enough before the ship finally strikes us, we're not going to brake apart... we're gonna snap that monster ship in two.

The nearest piece of land for all the passengers that jumped off that sinking ship will be our iceburg. They'll climb on and to their surprise they'll find hotels, shops, flying cars and food: a Bitcoin-driven free market. After finding all that, those passengers wont go calling for help. They'll be installing an SPV wallet and joining the market.

the bitcoin economy is mostly underwater. it poses mortal danger to anyone who approaches it, and getting on board is likely to lead to all your assets being frozen. a good analogy

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Shame Boy posted:

you assume they died, but can you prove they didn't survive and find flying cars on the iceberg and decide to stay?

Soricidus posted:

the bitcoin economy is mostly underwater. it poses mortal danger to anyone who approaches it, and getting on board is likely to lead to all your assets being frozen. a good analogy

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Iceburg.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

NICE!burg

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

:vince:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

AlbieQuirky posted:

you can apparently sell the cricket meal to producers of pig feed

hello, my job is grinding up dead crickets
welp time for this comic again

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Nenonen posted:

u misspelled werehows

I love how on a full moon

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

how is it none of you morons can spell weirhawse correctly

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shame Boy posted:

and everyone knows a hunk of ice floating in liquid water tends to naturally get bigger

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

haveblue posted:

and everyone knows a hunk of ice floating in liquid water tends to naturally get bigger

this metaphor has so many layers, it's like an iceberg

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

imagine if bitcoin was physically larger than fiat and could destroy it with little to no effort, if that were the case it would be huge for bitcoin

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

that A is a travesty

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

...! posted:

iceburg

Iceburg, a lovely city in Germany, is not to be confused with the more English but equally lovely Icetowne, or the more Danish Iceington

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Chalks posted:

that A is a travesty

please do not make fun of boxturret's art projects, he works very hard on them like a good boy

Vivick
Feb 24, 2007

...! posted:

dude should start doing political cartoons, i bet he would be syndicated in no time.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

kudos to the artist. this would be a picture of Daniel Radcliffe without adequately capturing Ross’s most significant feature, his callous disregard for human life.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Not investing IS actually investing in a failed enterprise. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 40 minutes ago by zamraii

It took me over 30 years of living to understand that saving my money on a bank account is not saving them at all. It’s investing them into failed enterprise known as fiat, which in form of inflation brings annual loss of around 5% at best.

I never bothered myself with investing because it takes extra time and effort until I realized that I had been already investing and investing badly, keeping all my money in a bank for over a decade. It’s hard to tell exactly how much I lost but it may even be half of my total savings as prices were taking a slow but significant rise through all these years.

Don’t make my mistake. Invest into anything that protects from inflation and diversify: never put everything into crypto or whatever it is.

$100 today may seem like the same $100 ten years later, but it never is.

BTCkoning [score hidden] 12 minutes ago

The greatest risk of investing is not investing at all.

And indeed, even while you think you are not investing and just "saving" it, you still are investing it. But just in a poor unprofitable and highly risky thing called a savings bank.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
We are all Satoshi, except Ross. The gaping maw is not just empty; they are the unteeth. He is not imprisoned; he is protected. When Satoshi rises Ross will be freed and will set upon him, and they will begin their final battle.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There is only one thing in the world worse than not investing in Bitcoin, and that is investing in Bitcoin.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

please do not make fun of boxturret's art projects, he works very hard on them like a good boy

i just don't understand paint 3d

like what is it? what is it for? why do they want it to replace mspaint?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

i just don't understand paint 3d

like what is it? what is it for? why do they want it to replace mspaint?

it's the killer app for the hololens duh

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

it's the killer app for the hololens duh

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Paladinus posted:

There is only one thing in the world worse than not investing in Bitcoin, and that is investing in Bitcoin.

wildecoin

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:same:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

John McAfee got into D&D

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

gschmidl posted:

John McAfee got into D&D

uh this is extremely :wrong: john mcafee fucks whales, which are mammals.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Hammerite posted:

Tell him, not me!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:wrong:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

jfc following the d&d book with this made my brain spend way too long trying to make it an alignment chart.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Hammerite posted:

that is unfair to the whales. he sexually assaults them and they quickly swat him away like a person being humped on the leg by a horny chihuahua

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
spongebutt coinpants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

john mcaffee gets his mouth poo poo in from women in his custom sex-hammock and I dunno why people bother talking about anything else