Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My TV has a Steam Link app. It owns.

Mine does too but the one time I used it there was a lot of hitching (and this was over wired). My actual Steam Link didn’t have that problem but the audio would cut out for a half second every few minutes. I guess I’m cursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I grabbed Labyrinth of Refrain recently and it's pretty fun.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Whatsup with Travis Strikes Again? Is it good? I saw its a bit of a mixed bag with the review scores.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Whatsup with Travis Strikes Again? Is it good? I saw its a bit of a mixed bag with the review scores.
It's shite mate.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Word of mouth and the giantbomb quick look makes it seem like simplistic, underwhelming garbo. It's a shame this sort of product is holding a proper NMH 3 hostage.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

It's not great. The gameplay is very repetitive and simple, and the death ball games all look like they were made with stock unreal assets, like it reminds me of an XBLA game from 2011. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at the asking price, maybe if it was $10-$15 it would be worth it but right now I think it's too little for what they're asking for.

Plus there's no loading graphic when the game loads the main hub area so it just sits at a black screen for 20 seconds, I restarted it twice when I first popped in the game because I thought it froze.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

Dumb investors seek price spikes instead of thinking about long term growth and dividends, which are both fairly safe bets with a large cap like Nintendo. I think Nintendo paid dividends of something like $6 a share last year which is pretty ok bang for your buck long term. The shares are also eye-wateringly expensive at $300+USD right now which is insane and most of the weakness in price (along with EA et al) has little to do with the company's immediate behaviour (it is a factor of course, but mainly for individual investors) and lots to do with consumer discretionary, IT and communications stocks being in the toilet globally.

I've been buying Nintendo for a few months now and they're only around $39 USD each currently, which really isn't too bad if you want to grab some shares.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Its got just barely enough No More Heroes charm in the margins to overlook some of the gameplay repetitiveness. I'm enjoying it well enough.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
The switch needs a rhythm heaven game. It will forever be a failure until this happens.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Anyone played the Dragons Dogma expansions? I struggled to get into the vanilla game, despite its good mechanics.

Does the expansion make it actually fun? Considering it when it releases

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

I put my switch in my mouth

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I’m trying to figure out what would actually cause that kind of damage and failing, tbh

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Ciaphas posted:

I’m trying to figure out what would actually cause that kind of damage and failing, tbh

A dog? Maybe a pig?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm guessing something put the switch in its mouth

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Ciaphas posted:

I'm assuming it was a dog that did that.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

That's just a good boy upset his master didn't want to play with him

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that looks like inappropriate dog toy selection to me

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah that just looks like dog chomps

Switch carts might not be tasty apparently but looks like the switch itself is

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My dog killed my PS2 controller by eating the wire (mid game of course) and he looked pissed off when I got my wireless PS3 upgrade out if the box.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

hanyolo posted:

Nintendogs for Switch with HD rumble

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I cannot recommend Ultimate Chicken Horse enough.

It's a hilarious couch competitive game and I'm going to bust it out any time I have people over.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

just replace the joycons the system itself looks fine

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

hanyolo posted:

My girlfriend sent me this picture along with the line “I told you you shouldn’t leave it lying around”.

I fell for it

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Anybody here played Victor Vran or is it surpassed by Diablo 3?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So there's been kind of ongoing YouTube thing with various Mario challenges like coinless, crouching only. But someone just did a run on donkey Kong country that blew my mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nseQFs2Rrc

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I generally don't like those types of videos but that one is perfect.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, I've barely played DKC, but thought 'Aren't there virtually no coins in... Oh."

:golfclap:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Andrast posted:

or you could just not give a poo poo about the investors

Not until I bully them first.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Andrast posted:

or you could just not give a poo poo about the investors

That would be nice, but when you list the company publicly the investors can decide to gently caress you up.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBrignad/status/1087492092471832576

:vince:

Ciaphas posted:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Wamdoodle posted:

Anybody here played Victor Vran or is it surpassed by Diablo 3?

Victor Vran is a little too easy even compared to the normally-scotfree deaths of D3. It's also not as fun in terms of skillsets and loot so yeah, Diablo 3

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

DLC Inc posted:

Victor Vran is a little too easy even compared to the normally-scotfree deaths of D3. It's also not as fun in terms of skillsets and loot so yeah, Diablo 3

Victor Vran also has a bunch of enemies that have to be killed twice, so you never really get to just run through the areas like a murder machine. I put it down as soon as I got Diablo.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

So there's been kind of ongoing YouTube thing with various Mario challenges like coinless, crouching only. But someone just did a run on donkey Kong country that blew my mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nseQFs2Rrc

this guy is channeling griffins amiibo corner fairly successfully

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Do we have a Diablo 3 switch thread or discord? I’m paragon 500 chain running 13 rifts and GRs if anyone wants to tag along.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bottom Liner posted:

Do we have a Diablo 3 switch thread or discord? I’m paragon 500 chain running 13 rifts and GRs if anyone wants to tag along.

There's a console D3 thread in the Bliz subforum (I think) that's mostly Switch players now. I believe the Switch discord also has a D3 channel.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I've been buying Nintendo for a few months now and they're only around $39 USD each currently, which really isn't too bad if you want to grab some shares.

How’s the dividend?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Sorry I was talking about a full share on the Tokyo exchange. The US trades ADRs which basically buy 1/8th of a full share in Japan. Nintendo stock exists in an extremely limited pool since they never really need to raise capital.

e: this just prompted me to learn that Nintendo also trade a full share in NY under $NTDOF

JBP fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 22, 2019

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

a7m2 posted:

drat I kinda forgot about this game. I wouldn't even care how much it costs, I'd buy it straight away. Isn't the translator a goon?

Yepperoni!

Would totally buy again so I can yell at customers who break my streak of sales, anytime and anywhere.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Sorry I was talking about a full share on the Tokyo exchange. The US trades ADRs which basically buy 1/8th of a full share in Japan. Nintendo stock exists in an extremely limited pool since they never really need to raise capital.

e: this just prompted me to learn that Nintendo also trade a full share in NY under $NTDOF
Yeah, doesn't nintendo have a huge stash of their profits squirreled away in case of emergency?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Pharohman777 posted:

Yeah, doesn't nintendo have a huge stash of their profits squirreled away in case of emergency?

They have cash savings large enough to fend off a takeover from pretty much any corporation that would be willing to give it a go.