Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm just hoping that Bug God doesn't get upgraded to a Dragon level threat, I liked that Vampire stayed true to the webcomic fight and wasn't dragged out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

To be fair they're all comparatively dragged out because Flashy Flash, Kid Emperor and Zombie Man were quick 2-4 page fights that all took place in the same issue.

I hope the next fight is the same size as the original.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope Darkshine and Pig God's fights each take as long as the tournament arc.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

RareAcumen posted:

I hope Darkshine and Pig God's fights each take as long as the tournament arc.

I don't mind longer fights than the ONE version, like Zombie Man's was great, but I can't see Pig God's getting improved by extra panels because it's perfect as it is.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I didn't mind Flashy's fight. Zombie man hit the right balance of new content and faithfulness. But still having two demon threats upgrade mid-fight back to back wasn't something I cared too much for and I'm glad vampire didn't go for the hat trick.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Holy god drat ZOMBIEMAN spinoff please.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

AtomikKrab posted:

Zombieman Spin off Comic When?
Mate do I have a surprise for you!
https://mangadex.org/chapter/38991/1

Not sure if it's been confirmed at all but I've always thought Ashida = Zombieman. Either way this is a great one shot from... One and Maruta.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Suspicious Lump posted:

Not sure if it's been confirmed at all but I've always thought Ashida = Zombieman. Either way this is a great one shot from... One and Maruta.

Astounding

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Suspicious Lump posted:

It's amazing how well this fits into the One Punch universe. Are they B class heroes?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

team overhead smash posted:

I don't mind longer fights than the ONE version, like Zombie Man's was great, but I can't see Pig God's getting improved by extra panels because it's perfect as it is.

I can seen maybe a quarter of the book where the monsters are terrified, running away from pig god and he's gobbling them up. Nice change of pace.

Then it switches to an aerial view and it is reminiscent of Pac Man.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Suspicious Lump posted:

It's a manga that exists in-Universe:

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Donkringel posted:

I can seen maybe a quarter of the book where the monsters are terrified, running away from pig god and he's gobbling them up. Nice change of pace.

Then it switches to an aerial view and it is reminiscent of Pac Man.

I love this.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Suspicious Lump posted:

holy poo poo lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://mangadex.org/chapter/528258/1

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Captain Quack posted:

It's a manga that exists in-Universe:

Lmao that’s loving great

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

That was short, but I have it on good authority that last chapter was only a week ago.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
pig god and sweet mask equally extremely handsome imo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, this is a situation with no suspense at all. he'll kill everyone there, like always.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

That was short, but I have it on good authority that last chapter was only a week ago.

I don't believe you

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

I don't know what it is but pig god's appearance (let alone when he fights) makes me *viscerally* uncomfortable. Like not even just "ew that's gross" but Room 101 style not-good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

Yet neither hold a candle to the S Rank handsome boys Metal Bat and King.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Those poor mercs... Sweet Mask is worse than most monsters.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, this is a situation with no suspense at all. he'll kill everyone there, like always.

But with the masks theme and him sending the other guys away, maybe we'll at least get to see Zarbon's second form.
The witnesses are probably dead though, yeah.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Andrast posted:

I don't believe you

But I'm a random guy on the internet, if you can't believe me then who can you believe?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I reckon the mercenaries might survive, with severe injuries in the process, but they technically do work for the Hero Association so I don't think they will get purged just because.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pig God must work out like crazy to be that fat and have no rear end.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pig God is the Mumen Rider of the S Class Heroes.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Brought To You By posted:

I reckon the mercenaries might survive, with severe injuries in the process, but they technically do work for the Hero Association so I don't think they will get purged just because.

When was the last time you saw Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask ever be nice or merciful when nobody he cared about was present?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Wanna see Sweet Mask's true form look even more grotesque than Pig God.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah all these people are loving dead

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

RareAcumen posted:

Pig God must work out like crazy to be that fat and have no rear end.

He could be a Hank Hill and has no rear end.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blockhouse posted:

yeah all these people are loving dead

I'm 90% sure he'll just say something like the moment they were mind-controlled they became monsters and are a threat plus the organization has no place for weak heroes who instead of protecting the weak fall prey to such weak techniques.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Elentor posted:

I'm 90% sure he'll just say something like the moment they were mind-controlled they became monsters and are a threat plus the organization has no place for weak heroes who instead of protecting the weak fall prey to such weak techniques.

They are not even heroes.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just add some numbers to the 90% then.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AtheistMantis posted:

When was the last time you saw Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask ever be nice or merciful when nobody he cared about was present?

When have we ever seen him deal with mind controlled people? I'm just saying, they aren't actually monsters and he knows it and deduced hypnosis is at work. I think at the absolute worst all these people will need full body casts after he's done "subduing" them.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Speaking of %, Mob Psycho II is 4 eps in and I can't recommend it enough.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Pig God ate his own rear end, it's gone now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
pig god worked his rear end off, literally. he's a consummate professional.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Party in the front, determined professionalism in the back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
they mention the battlesuits the mercs were wearing were illegally modified so Sweet Mask will kill them for breaking the law