Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

One of my brothers is full-on vegan, so we often lunch at Burgatory on the North Shore, and they have the Impossible burger. It's delicious, frankly

It's crazy good. The new version coming out won best in show at CES, a consumer electronics show. A burger won at an electronics show

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davide...g/#79c2775d27c4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why doesn’t Impossible Burger sell their stuff directly to people?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why doesn’t Impossible Burger sell their stuff directly to people?

Probably a huge/different pain in the rear end than just selling to restaurant supply houses and letting them worry about forecasting/customer interface/delivery/blah blah blah.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
My friend is vegan and absolutely loves the Impossible Burger or whatever the hell it is, so chalk up another in the pro-bloody vegan dish.

Spoeank posted:

My CEO sent out an email over the weekend about how people aren't responding to company-wide surveys anymore, and asked for people to do a survey about why this is happening. Is this high performance art or something.

Yeah, we’ve currently had two separate daily surveys flying around for the last couple of months to identify where workload blockages and slowdowns are occurring, corporate mentality is pretty spectacular (even though I don’t work for a corporation, it’s where lots of our leadership comes from).

Thaddius the Large fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 22, 2019

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Fake meat being shown off at a tech expo is cyberpunk as gently caress

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

CES has all the incredibly stupid stuff although i don't doubt that the burger is good

i can't believe there's already a made for tv brexit movie out with benedict cumberbatch. boris johnson looks like some random guy with a wig which is honestly the only way i'd recognize him anyways.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

hifi posted:

CES has all the incredibly stupid stuff although i don't doubt that the burger is good

i can't believe there's already a made for tv brexit movie out with benedict cumberbatch. boris johnson looks like some random guy with a wig which is honestly the only way i'd recognize him anyways.

why does that dude keep making ridiculously quick "true story" films

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1087733862283776003

These shitheads are lucky their parents can afford Karl Rove's PR firm

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Spoeank posted:

Also the impossible burger is good but has the texture of overworked ground beef which bugged me. If it gets down to the same price as regular ground beef, I could see myself making the switch, though.

That's what my experience was too.

Whatever blend a local vegan diner (Kal'Ish for anyone in Chicago) uses has some serious black magic to it, if anything their Bad Adz burger feels like it's using higher quality meat than I'm used to having.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1087733862283776003

These shitheads are lucky their parents can afford Karl Rove's PR firm

The thing with the veteran was awful and they deserve to be punished. But uh, this.. teenagers ARE dumb and stupid.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This thread's fun as AOC livetweets a decontstruction of the state of american journalism in real time:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1087750219788419074

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

There are a few restaurants here that serve the Impossible Burger. I'll have to go check that out!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

General Dog posted:

I think The Favourite is an underdog to keep your eye on at the Oscars this year.

Still can't figure out why Emma Stone and Rachel Weisz are being considered for supporting actress, and Olivia Colman for beat actress when Emma and Rachel had way more screentime than Olivia.

Great movie, though. Even if the ending kind of fell apart.

Edit: I've had an impossible burger and I think it tastes fine, if my opinion means anything!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So have they tried to make an Impossible Steak yet?

Nov 6, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So have they tried to make an Impossible Steak yet?

It's a work in progress.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Eventually they’ll try and make Impossible BBQ and dumb people will claim that it’s just as good as real BBQ and that company will be burned to the ground.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's a work in progress.

The hole on the right side is still the funniest thing to me.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

The hole on the right side is still the funniest thing to me.

its not a hole!

He just fused two pieces of meat together!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
If you put Impossible burger into your chili does it count as adding beans?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Ehud posted:

There are a few restaurants here that serve the Impossible Burger. I'll have to go check that out!

There's a burger chain in Austin that has it, but they've always been sold out/not had it when I've gone.

I've only heard good things about it and want to try it so bad.

Nov 6, 2002

You can check here: https://impossiblefoods.com/locations/

Turns out there's three places near me that have it. I'll have to check it out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

If you put Impossible burger into your chili does it count as adding beans?

Impossible burgers don't contain beans, unless you count soy protein.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Yo is it just me or is the Unsolved Mysteries then song still scary as gently caress

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Yo is it just me or is the Unsolved Mysteries then song still scary as gently caress

its the official theme song of childhood trauma

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mel, pretend I just googled "lowest mercury fish" and posted the results for you

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

Impossible burgers don't contain beans, unless you count soy protein.

Soy bean! Checkmate!

I thought they used a bean protein my mistake

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Mel, pretend I just googled "lowest mercury fish" and posted the results for you

oh yeah, I have already looked into that, but I don't want lowest mercury fish

I want no mercury fish

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Ehud it’s super easy to go vegan idk what the gently caress Mr. Nice is talking about.

Like you already lift weights and consume protein shakes. Just get a vegan protein shake and add a helping of leafy greens to it and wowzers you now have your iron and protein.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

how about instead we just genetically modify chickens until they've got thighs the size of a cows' and then only one Thiccen has to suffer a week instead of ten chickens for me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

a neat cape posted:

Its spooky but no x files intro

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Mel let’s travel to Japan and live in a Zen Buddhist monastery and learn judo from them

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Kalli posted:

how about instead we just genetically modify chickens until they've got thighs the size of a cows' and then only one Thiccen has to suffer a week instead of ten chickens for me.

I disagree with this premise but I approve of your marketing.

Thiccen

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ehud posted:

It's delicious and satisfying. Strongly recommend

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Its spooky but no x files intro

Have you rewatched the X Files intro lately? Its aged hilariously bad.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Mel let’s travel to Japan and live in a Zen Buddhist monastery and learn judo from them

Judo loving hurts

I do once a week Judo to supplement my BJJ and loving owwwwwwww

Me and another dude one week were just like "let's just get each other off balance and stop there because our backs both hurt"

I definitely think we need to be anime rivals pushing each other to be stronger though

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Scene: backyard at a barbecue.

Guy 1: "Hey, you check out these new vegan burger patties? They bleed!"

Guy 2: "What, they bleed? That's weird."

Guy in BBQ apron: *clocks spatula like shotgun* "If it bleeds, we can grill it.":clint:

Quick shot of impossible Burger logo.

Fin

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thanks to twitter, I just found out a bunch of useful phone numbers:

830-476-5664 - Smashmouth
778-330-2389 - Rick Astley
719-266-2837 - Hall and Oates.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

oh yeah, I have already looked into that, but I don't want lowest mercury fish

I want no mercury fish

Did you know there are other environmental sources of mercury, like, you're getting trace mercury into you regardless

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Did you know there are other environmental sources of mercury, like, you're getting trace mercury into you regardless

Yeah but there isnt any wild caught fish that is low enough to be safe for daily consumption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah but there isnt any wild caught fish that is low enough to be safe for daily consumption

You know like half of Asia lives on fish and rice.