Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw! Gabiru just went from 'entertaining dumbass' to 'treacherous dumbass.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Aw! Gabiru just went from 'entertaining dumbass' to 'treacherous dumbass.'

And that's why he's on cave farming duty.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I was pretty against the change to the oni from beastlike to humanlike and then I saw the kanji for Kijin, rolled my eyes and just thought this was always the intent.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I was pretty against the change to the oni from beastlike to humanlike and then I saw the kanji for Kijin, rolled my eyes and just thought this was always the intent.

Nothing spoilery, but eh play it safe.

From cursory overview, it seems that in Japanese folklore the more powerful a monster/spirit/yokai is, the more human they tend to look. If I recall, Inuyasha did this a lot too if I recall with some of the more powerful demons looking human. I mean, the kanji for the orcs goes from "Pig Head Clan" to "Boar People Clan" so I think it's specific to them. This is just my interpretation of it all.

Also, the Twitter released an interview with the author and the anime director or producer.

https://old.reddit.com/r/TenseiSlime/comments/aijvvo/the_official_tensura_twitter_just_shared_an/?st=jr8d9khh&sh=d20f5b90

Apparently the rush in cour 2 is due to committee mandate which really sucks to hear given how much care and dedication these guys have and how much detail they wanted to put into things(they legit wanted to do 1 LN per cour). I hope they can fix some of these things via OVA's and/or the Bluray releases.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Honestly it feels like all of the female designs in the anime have been "same style clothes, but they're 10% smaller". Milim was just already the least dressed in the original artwork and it went from "lol anime" to "This is seriously creepy."

Still a funny episode, at least.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Having finished up as far as Funi has (episode 13, I think), I can declare I wasn't sure about this show at first but it is now cool and good.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I will admit it's a bit of a bad feel to have the more evolved monsters look more human so I'm hoping that the reasoning in spoilers there is the actual reason.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Alright, Milim, going around in underwear is one thing but that poo poo ain't even covering your rear end in a top hat. :psyduck:

Problematic character designs aside, Milim is a fun character. I like that we're finally seeing a character that out matches Rimiru in raw power, yet the show doesnt turn it into power-level dick-waving contest.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm surprised none of you were this shocked when Konosuba first aired and Aqua was panty-less. :colbert:

Does she even wipe her bum?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

grouchio....

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I'm surprised none of you were this shocked when Konosuba first aired and Aqua was panty-less. :colbert:

Does she even wipe her bum?

She's a water goddess, any toilet she uses has a magic washlet.
She also wears panties, they are just invisible.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
She purifies her own rear end in a top hat, duh

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Can we talk about what a good boy Ranga is please?

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 25, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mulderman posted:

Can we talk about what a good boy Ranga is please?

Tagged because BIG pictures, not because of spoilers.

Edit: Fixed. Thanks Grouchio.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 25, 2019

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

[timg] is your friend.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

You know how you sometimes realize there was something missing in your life the moment you lay eyes on it?
Punk Ranga is one of those things for me.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Loosely speaking of Ranga, with this last episode we're now roughly in the point of one of the two spin-off manga: Slime Diary of That Time I Reincarnated As A Slime. The translation isn't perfect, but it's fine enough. It's a Slice of Life (Slime of Life? Slice of Slife? Life of Slime? These are all awful.) 4koma that shows daily happenings from around the town just before Milim shows up. I doubt much, if any, will show up in the anime with how unfortunately fast they're pushing through the main stuff.

Regarding Ranga:

A few other pages:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Onean posted:

Loosely speaking of Ranga, with this last episode we're now roughly in the point of one of the two spin-off manga: Slime Diary of That Time I Reincarnated As A Slime. The translation isn't perfect, but it's fine enough. It's a Slice of Life (Slime of Life? Slice of Slife? Life of Slime? These are all awful.) 4koma that shows daily happenings from around the town just before Milim shows up. I doubt much, if any, will show up in the anime with how unfortunately fast they're pushing through the main stuff.

Regarding Ranga:

A few other pages:

That's what bums me the gently caress out. Like I'm pretty goddamn sure we're getting a 2nd Season at some point when more of the manga is out so there's no real reason to rush things. Just let the production guys do the detailed telling they want giving them 26 episodes, 24 for the main series, 1 for Veldora's Observation Diaries, and the last one that bonus story we're getting. You'd still need to move things along, but I fell it would flow MUCH better that way and allow more fleshing out. And if you need stuff to tide people over waiting on the 2nd season, just poach stuff from this spin-off since it all takes place during what would be the down time periods in LN3. You'd even be able to get some good solid holiday episodes of it. At this rate they might wind up spending parts of Season 2 explaining stuff that should have been in Season 1.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I honestly feel they are probably speeding through some initial stuff and things will slow down. The beginning kinda felt like the author was testing the waters and seeing what works. Now that the Orc Lord has been dealt with, some new antagonists have been build up. Things are at a point where I feel the series can really start now.

Moments like these are easily inserted at random points.

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jan 25, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mulderman posted:

I honestly feel they are probably speeding through some initial stuff and things will slow down. The beginning kinda felt like the author was testing the waters and seeing what works. Now that the Orc Lord has been dealt with, some new antagonists have been build up. Things are at a point where I feel the series can really start now.

My friend from Reddit said the same. The issue is that unless they address the Demon Lord meeting that got skipped in the next episode or sometime soon, the entire next arc will NOT make any sense whatsoever. They also skipped part of the talk with King Gazel and a few things in the duel along with the introduction of the Bee who give Rimuru honey and her Beetle brother(This was a big plot issue in the WN that got fixed in the LN). I really hope they do address these in the next episode or two to get things back on proper track and don't rush things TOO much.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Mulderman posted:

Maybe. They really shortened the meeting Milim was in, and skipped some important stuff to do it (actually important, not just little touches that flesh out the world like the dwarves' reactions to the Tempest Wolves). If they have to go that far I don't think they're going to have the time to put in any side stuff.

Onean fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jan 25, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
I have copies of the released LN's for those interested. Will post the link to the download page if there's interest for them. I also know of a site that has the official manga on it

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
Caught up on the whole show and I'm wavering on it more than when I first started, wars aren't interesting to watch when you're a god and everyone shrugged off befriending the orcs way too easily. I'm actually really looking forward to the "boring talking episodes" since this show works way better as slice of slife

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

underthecube posted:

Caught up on the whole show and I'm wavering on it more than when I first started, wars aren't interesting to watch when you're a god and everyone shrugged off befriending the orcs way too easily. I'm actually really looking forward to the "boring talking episodes" since this show works way better as slice of slife

It's not about fights and war. It's a story about sim citying a new country from the ground up in a different world. Fights are just the occasional natural disaster Rimuru has to deal with while creating the greatest monster nation.

Now lets find out if he cuts taxes too far or not.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

underthecube posted:

What Gyges said. It's why the rushed pacing has been bothering me as of late. The manga and ESPECIALLY the LN are much more what you want with the battles(and even the Orc thing) being more leveled out.

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
i hope you guys are right because i was way less interested in the last 4 episodes than i will be in everyone figuring out how to deal with absorbing 150,000 refugees

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

underthecube posted:

i hope you guys are right because i was way less interested in the last 4 episodes than i will be in everyone figuring out how to deal with absorbing 150,000 refugees

The LN's are on sale right now about $6 a piece. Check an out. They're significantly more detailed. I'd say start from the beginning, but the anime actually did such a solid job on adapting the first one that you could skip to the second one(Orc Lord) and not really miss anything. We're now entering the 3rd LN and it's really heavy on the world construction stuff of their little monster civilization.

Edit: The Slime Diaries spin-off is nothing BUT SoL stuff and does a great job fleshing out some of the supporting and background characters.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I still think the anime is holding up very well, even with the rushing here and there. :yaycloud:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Grouchio posted:

I still think the anime is holding up very well, even with the rushing here and there. :yaycloud:

True. And while I feel it would be a bit of a dick move to those that can't afford them, I'd love if they added the missing stuff into the Bluray's and stuff. That would get me to buy them INSTANTLY.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

If I wanted to read the LNs on my kindle, what would be the best way to do it?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

gmq posted:

I belive you can buy the ebooks on amazon.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

gmq posted:

I buy them from the play store for my phone so I don't know what to use for Kindle. If you can use, I'd say Bookwalker since I've seen it rec'd a lot for that.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

gmq posted:

Amazon has kindle ebooks of both the LN and Manga

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

doomrider7 posted:

I have copies of the released LN's for those interested. Will post the link to the download page if there's interest for them. I also know of a site that has the official manga on it
Since the novels have an official release in the west, no :filez:, please. :colbert:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Wark Say posted:

Since the novels have an official release in the west, no :filez:, please. :colbert:

I wont. As an aside though, the Web Novel is fully translated(with the authors blessing and all) and can be found at Guro Translations. The quality of said translation is...spotty at times and stuff has been GREATLY changed from it's transition to LN, but it is there for those interested.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Episode was incredibly good this week. Trimmed a few things here and there, but everything was incredibly good and well paced if a bit quick, but not so much that anything big got lost.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ehhh. I think it was just alright. From just a pure anime angle it's mostly okay, except the whole bit about Frey comes out of nowhere, which is what I was worried about. They also really smoothed over the expedition, which was expected and isn't inherently bad, except they did it really badly. Now they're just a mercenary band that flakes on a major job and scams their employer for no reason except more money. They might go into more detail next episode, but if they don't that's a really disappointing change that completely changes some characters.

We also lost one of my most favorite set of scenes, but they were minor so that's whatever.

Onean fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 28, 2019

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Apparently giant spiders are just giant crabs?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They're close enough for me. (Something about invertebrates just messes with me, though crabs aren't as bad as most.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Milim got 100% more tolerable and adorable at the same time.