Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

To be fair, Bendis got the ball rolling on reverting Doom with how he finished his Infamous Iron Man run. Which was total bullshit because IIM was loving awesome up until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rantmo posted:

I'm not loving the way he seems to have ignored everything that happened with Doom over the last few years and just jumped him back to :doom:RICHARDS but at least he writes a good Ben.

I enjoyed his Thing series some years back, and Ben is clearly a favorite character, as is right and proper.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
drat it!

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 18, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think you want this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3574760

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Looks like Eve Ewing (ironheart) will be doing a second as of yet unnamed series

https://twitter.com/eveewing/status/1086368759802142722?s=19

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The two issues of Ironheart so far have been good - she did one of the best intro issues I've read in awhile - so hopefully whatever she get is something I'm into.

E:

Anyone else get Marvel Comics Presents? The Wolverine story was intriguing and I'm looking forward to more of that. The Namor story was really good but between that and Invaders I'm curious if there's some weird Namor-In-WW2 push going on for some reason. The Cap story was decent but needed a better artist. Cap's motorcycle changed every panel it was in.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 18, 2019

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Endless Mike posted:

The Cap story was decent but needed a better artist. Cap's motorcycle changed every panel it was in.

There's nothing more American than constantly changing the vehicle you drive, Son.

radlum
May 13, 2013

The Question IRL posted:

So I'm reminded now of the all time saddest Daredevil story (and given that this is Daredevil, that's saying something.)

So Matt's life is always poo poo. And he showed up on a five part crossover series about Captain Universe. (In each issue a different hero had that power.)
And Daredevil gets the Captain Universe powers, only they are broken.
And more so with Matt as his radar senses are not working with cosmic senses.
But the one thing is his sight gets restored. So he can see for the issue as he tries to help Captain Universe.
And in the B story Foggy learns that Matt can see and he knows it will be temporary.
He is chasing after Matt and he finally catches up with Matt. To show him a photo of Matt's wedding to Millia. So he can know what they looked like.

Only by the time Foggy shows up, Matt's back to being blind.
And he just lies to Foggy and tells him that he see it.

Somehow this little, minor loss stings worse than any of Daredevil's big, classic hits.

What comic was that? It sounds hearbreaking, but somehow I missed it.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

radlum posted:

What comic was that? It sounds hearbreaking, but somehow I missed it.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/3069/captain_universe_2005_2

Part of a random Captain Universe mini-series that had Captain Universe interact with Hulk, Daredevil, X-23, Invisible Woman and Silver Surfer.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

The Question IRL posted:

So I'm reminded now of the all time saddest Daredevil story (and given that this is Daredevil, that's saying something.)

So Matt's life is always poo poo. And he showed up on a five part crossover series about Captain Universe. (In each issue a different hero had that power.)
And Daredevil gets the Captain Universe powers, only they are broken.
And more so with Matt as his radar senses are not working with cosmic senses.
But the one thing is his sight gets restored. So he can see for the issue as he tries to help Captain Universe.
And in the B story Foggy learns that Matt can see and he knows it will be temporary.
He is chasing after Matt and he finally catches up with Matt. To show him a photo of Matt's wedding to Millia. So he can know what they looked like.

Only by the time Foggy shows up, Matt's back to being blind.
And he just lies to Foggy and tells him that he see it.

Somehow this little, minor loss stings worse than any of Daredevil's big, classic hits.

drat, now that's putting the boots to him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hey Rhyno
https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/1086418777749606400
Checkmate, libtard :smug:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Rob must have ground level bars to surpass cuz all i could think while reading it was man Galactus was much more interesting as the lifebringer than the same old tired poo poo we're getting again

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Why did Rob pay $8 for it?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rob was briefly in the Back Issue Magazine group on Facebook, but was run out because people couldn't stop making GBS threads on him for ruining the comics (that they don't even read today). During his time there, I did discover two things - that he's really a super nice guy and everything he likes is the best iteration of whatever it is.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why did Rob pay $8 for it?

There was a bigger version with the pencils and script on Comixology, that’s probably the print version of it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The cover price on the comic is right there at $3.99. I guess the shop marked up the variant.

edit: Which it's self is an ad for a mobile game. Imagine paying a premium for that.

ee: Maybe he's not in the US atm (or whoever he got the photo from isn't.) That's pretty much what the issue would look like with the NZ price stuck on top at my local place.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 19, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No, it's a variant markup. I know all about that bullshit.

Also gently caress Rob. He's a huge rear end in a top hat pretending to be a nice guy.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
That's a bummer, how so?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not a fan of the guy and how he behaved at a few retail industry events. It's all just my personal perception of the guy though, I'm surey negative experiences are giving me a negative perspective.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

In New 52 days, I remember something about him having some stupid beef with Scott Snyder, which nobody understood.
Also, he posted a video inking a page of Hawk and Dove while driving. Gag or not, I think that got him fired.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Teenage Fansub posted:

In New 52 days, I remember something about him having some stupid beef with Scott Snyder, which nobody understood.

Yeah, that was some weird slap fight between the both of them that... came out of nowhere?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is that spider-ham 2099?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Yes, it is.

R.I.P. Web Warriors. I should have made more people buy copies.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

El Tortuga posted:

Yes, it is.

In the wise words of TVIV: if you didn't want it to be cancelled, you should have been more people.

But yeah, RIP, it was good dumb fun

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

El Tortuga posted:

Yes, it is.

Apraxin posted:

In the wise words of TVIV: if you didn't want it to be cancelled, you should have been more people.

But yeah, RIP, it was good dumb fun

I did kind of want to like Web Warriors, but I think I was still holding on to lingering resentment over Spider-Verse (and that it just seemed like 'Exiles, but all Spider-People'. The fact they seemed to use Mayday as an afterthought didn't help. Not to mention that they seemed to make Gwen the most competent and de facto leader (despite her own book, by her own creators, establishing that she was still pretty inexperienced). And Noir was made randomly racist?

But there were still some great bits. Spider-Ham 2099 was one. And that bit where they wind up on a movie set (not realising it was a movie set), and the actress playing Spider-Gwen just decides to join the fight since she took martial arts classes, and everyone else is like 'OK cool, welcome aboard!'

Honestly, I think that Into The Spider-Verse has laid to rest basically all of the misgivings I had with Web Warriors as a concept, and if they brought it round again I'd give it another chance. Unfortunately I feel like Spider-Geddon didn't really cover the Spider-comics in glory (well, except for Spider-Girls and Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider).

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Huge, if true

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Wow Stan Lee wrote a comic where a guys eyeballs get swapped with his testicles. Hidden depths

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
E: replaced with something a little more concrete

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1087759115353501696?s=19

site fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 22, 2019

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Now that's an all around excellent idea.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm kind of shocked it's not Squirrel Girl.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Would have liked 'Two-in-one" to get that as a new arc (and continued pairings being swapped in when this had run it's course) instead of cancelled.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

site posted:

E: replaced with something a little more concrete

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1087759115353501696?s=19

Is Dr. Ewing any relation to Marvel comics writer Al Ewing?
Its an unusual surname.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

The Question IRL posted:

Is Dr. Ewing any relation to Marvel comics writer Al Ewing?
Its an unusual surname.
It's not that unusual.

Also Eve Ewing is an African American woman who grew up in Chicago and Al Ewing is a white guy from the UK, so if there's a relation it's a distant one. They're both working for Marvel in 2019 but prior to that had career paths that never overlapped at all.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Would have liked 'Two-in-one" to get that as a new arc (and continued pairings being swapped in when this had run it's course) instead of cancelled.

Need those sweet, sweet #1's, bro.
No way can a series can continue if someone else other than the original writer takes it on.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
april solicits just dropped

e: another infinity event getting started already and loving rob liefeld is back

e2: guess i missed this last month but domino ending actually has simone rolling it into a team book called hotshots with her and black widow and some other people??

site fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 22, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Some great covers in there

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

site posted:

april solicits just dropped

e: another infinity event getting started already and loving rob liefeld is back

e2: guess i missed this last month but domino ending actually has simone rolling it into a team book called hotshots with her and black widow and some other people??

I love that Unstoppable Wasp cover with the ITSV cameos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Looks like lots of good stuff, but yeesh, Age of X-Man sounds like a hard pass.

Anyone else read Invaders? The first issue was good, but I'm curious if there's some intention to remind everyone that Namor fought in WWII, since Marvel Comics Presents ALSO had a story about that. Could just be coincidence.