Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Still kind of disappointed about how less fun Borderlands 2 was than the first one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Crimson Harvest posted:

Still kind of disappointed about how less fun Borderlands 2 was than the first one.

cursed post

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Still kind of disappointed about how less fun Gulf War 2 was than the first one.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

actually, i take my answer back. the first game i hated, that i think would make me viscerally sick if i had to look at people playing it, is Battle Tanks for the Intellivision, but it's kind of a long story. look the game up, though, it's pretty funny.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Still kind of disappointed about how less fun Gulf War 2 was than the first one.

I remembered Crawmerax just now, and all the ... rest. You're right.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My little cousin bought over Total Drivin' for PlayStation so I bike locked him to some furniture and went off to play with my friends.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Kept running into this weird tiny brown man on 1-1 and theres no button prompts or qtes showing how to avoid it. Also he walks too fast. And even though the game world is sunny, the strange brown midgets testicles seem to be a static size. Pretty pathetic tbh. Taken all in all, Super Mario brothers is a load of horse poo poo

Lol

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I can't really remember the particular game but I know it was a NES game designed by Ocean. After a few more mistakes like that I learned the truth that europeans are imbeciles who have no clue how to design games because they grew up with the worst computers ever made. learned to avoid those company logos on boxes from then on.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Universal Theme Park Game

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
I was tricked into buying War Gods for the N64 and I have never been so disappointed in my life.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That’s some Plutonis poo poo.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

That’s some Plutonis poo poo.

What the gently caress dude.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Flashback for the genesis, mostly because of the infamous and nearly impossible running jump into ledge grab near the beginning of the game that took 1000 tries and you had to do over if you died. As an adult it seems like a good game

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Flashback for the genesis, mostly because of the infamous and nearly impossible running jump into ledge grab near the beginning of the game that took 1000 tries and you had to do over if you died. As an adult it seems like a good game

It's a really good game. I had it on the snes and beat the whole thing, I had a blast the whole time, especially the stage with the subway cars and the game show.

I've tried to replay it recently and I get way too frustrated with the controls way too easily. Either I have a lower tolerance for awkward controls the older I get or I'm just getting dumber. But anyway give the game another go, I absolutely loved it once I got the hang of it as teenager and I really want to replay it soon

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i thought flashback was a lot easier than prince of persia yes i am an esports gamer who beat pop 1 and 2 but never the snes version even tho i came like within minutes of beating it several times when i rented it fuuu

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Flashback rules it's my favorite of those games. The sound design was probably the thing that stuck with me the most from playing it on the SNES as a kid.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Because you have to hold A while running but don't press a direction to do a very specific, special type of jump that you literally only need to do maybe twice in the entire game. This is mentioned only in the manual which you likely didn't have if you rented it. The recent remake keeps this dumb poo poo but at least gives you a button prompt to fill you in.

Flashback rules but just really runs out of steam once you get to the alien planet. Just dicking around and talking jobs in DC was super cool, should have been more of the game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i thought Flashback was the same company that did Out of this World, but I don't see anything on the wiki page to indicate I'm right so maybe i just made that up out of whole cloth

e: no, it's the same company. i never played Flashback but Out of this World was weirdly frustrating as a kid.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

i thought Flashback was the same company that did Out of this World, but I don't see anything on the wiki page to indicate I'm right so maybe i just made that up out of whole cloth

e: no, it's the same company. i never played Flashback but Out of this World was weirdly frustrating as a kid.

They also made Shaq Fu

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Éric Chahi developed Another World and Delphine published it. Then it obviously was a big enough hit that they were inspired to develop their own game with the same rotoscoped animation style. The same type of animation that was entirely inappropriate for a fighting game (Shaq-Fu). The games look so similar that people figure they are more closely related. I respect Another World but I think Flashback is way more fun.

I tried to play Fade to Black but it's one of those super early 3D PSX games that are a complete eyesore and impossible to get into if you don't have prior nostalgia.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They also made Shaq Fu

oh yeah.... . THAT happened

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

ol yeller posted:

Universal Theme Park Game

I was gonna post this

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

oh yeah.... . THAT happened
They don't even use Shaq-Fu in the game:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
YIIK

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Im so glad I didn't fall for that one . Looks like a pile

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I owned Shaq Fu on SNES. lmao

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I can't tell if Young Merlin is awful or good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i tried to look this up, but i sort of feel like "a postmodern RPG" being part of the title says most of what i need to know.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bicyclops posted:

i tried to look this up, but i sort of feel like "a postmodern RPG" being part of the title says most of what i need to know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwCKPhlyU5M

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

jesus christ

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

what the gently caress is this

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

that video makes me really mad.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

delayed four years, for this

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Crimson Harvest posted:

I can't tell if Young Merlin is awful or good.

it's really weird. I played it in a marathon to completion as a kid and I think I enjoyed it. but I don't really want to go back to it and check. all I remember are bubbles and skateboarding on a mine kart. oddly enough it started out as a legend of kyrandia game for SNES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Im so glad I didn't fall for that one . Looks like a pile

:actually: it's basically 2019's Undertale, if you get over yourself and try to reject toxic groupthink and grow a spine.