Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's going to be really funny seeing DIO kill people like Goku by dropping a steam roller on them.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHforgot my steamrollerhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
finally watching the episode and number 5 crying trying to help his dad is genuinely distressing

bruno unzipping his head is so loving sick tho

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

multijoe posted:

Has that ever been a thing? Sex Pistols would have blocked the bullets from any gun.
Yah I think mista's stand can block any gun. But probably especially his own gun. Hell, prosciutto's lucky that a bullet gremlin didn't kick the bullet right back in his face as soon as it left the barrel.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Judging by his backstory scene, Mista's stand power is actually incredible luck. Sex Pistols is just his six little gremlin children.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RaspberryCommie posted:

Judging by his backstory scene, Mista's stand power is actually incredible luck. Sex Pistols is just his six little gremlin children.

Given that he killed those rapists with four perfect shots in his backstory, and that 5 was the MVP this episode, I'm not prepared to rule out that four is actually his lucky number.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Darth Walrus posted:

Given that he killed those rapists with four perfect shots in his backstory, and that 5 was the MVP this episode, I'm not prepared to rule out that four is actually his lucky number.

Considering that one of them took 2 shots to kill they weren't exactly perfect...

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
https://twitter.com/juridget/status/1086690982207180800

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

https://twitter.com/juridget/status/1086833769695203328

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'd be better with the WonFes 2011 blue Killer Queen imo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm trying to figure out who is dumber between Narancia and Okuyasu. It's a dead heat imo.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Okuyasu has brains but doesn't have the confidence to trust in himself.

Narancia lacks brains but doesn't have the sense to let that hold him back.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Grapplejack posted:

I'm trying to figure out who is dumber between Narancia and Okuyasu. It's a dead heat imo.

I vote Narancia. Okuyasu is a little slow and not subtle, but he doesn't seem to have Narancia's serious learning disabilities.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Okuyasu actually finished elementary school so he has that going for him.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Okuyasu’s dumbness has never led him wrong. He was dumb enough to not worry about Tonio and he was dumb enough to punch the Red Hot Chilli Peppers guy. Narancia’s dumbness got his maths teacher to stab him with a fork.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Okuyasu decided to put away his lottery win for college, which means he's either actually pretty smart, or really dumb but optimistic.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
there are some dumbass motherfuckers in college, let me tell you

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Okuyasu is basically the Japanese version of that kid from a blue-collar family who's actually quite bright but because he's poor and doesn't have the traditional markers of education and "intelligence" everyone, including him, assumes he's an idiot.

Narancia's just a dumb motherfucker.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Okuyasu is basically the Japanese version of that kid from a blue-collar family who's actually quite bright but because he's poor and doesn't have the traditional markers of education and "intelligence" everyone, including him, assumes he's an idiot.

Narancia's just a dumb motherfucker.

Also, he's got an abusive brother who keeps telling him he's an idiot.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah Okuyasu has been shown to be pretty smart at times, we are only told he's an idiot by his abusive brother and himself.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Okuyasu was the only one who actually thought to check whether or not any of the discarded lottery tickets Harvest picked up were actually winners that got tossed out by mistake.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
He's a good kid but hangs out with Bad Company.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Schwarzwald posted:

He's a good kid but hangs out with Worse Company.

Honestly, we wouldn't have a Part 4 if Okuyasu was more confident and clever. The Hand's pretty much the most broken Stand a heroic character in Jojo ever had, but it's held back by Okuyasu not being very good at using it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I liked how they had to put Okuyasu out of commission immediately in the fight against Kira because The Hand would just completely destroy him.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
And then he came back and immediately beat Kira in two moves.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Okuyasu's aerosmith wouldn't be trying to ventilate his opponents and would be trying a lot of indirect and mostly ineffective approaches to incapacitate the enemy. Narancia's The Hand would be vanilla ice-ing fools.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah if Narancia had The Hand instead of The Worst Company, I don't think we even have a part 5 because he just mercs everyone immediately.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
as someone that only watches the anime my theory for next week is that pineapple man uses his fishing pole to save the two idiots that are having a fight to the death from falling out of the train and then mista comes back in and destroys him and saves the day

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Wrestlepig posted:

Okuyasu’s dumbness has never led him wrong. He was dumb enough to not worry about Tonio and he was dumb enough to punch the Red Hot Chilli Peppers guy. Narancia’s dumbness got his maths teacher to stab him with a fork.

this is great "jojo out of context" material

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Wrestlepig posted:

He was also too dumb to remember to die.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

weird way to sum up his character development, but alright

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i've made that exact same post in one of these threads, it's just jokes bud

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i know, but i also know there's a lot of people who actually do interpret it that way

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The full collection of Bkub's Vento Aureo drawings

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i forget if the whole sattou one was posted
https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1082304260790833153

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

RatHat posted:

I liked how they had to put Okuyasu out of commission immediately in the fight against Kira because The Hand would just completely destroy him.

I never even thought about The Hand just wiping away Sheer Heart Attack. That would have been funny.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I unironically subscribe to the "Okuyasu was too dumb to realize he was supposed to be dead" theory.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Expect My Mom posted:

i've made that exact same post in one of these threads, it's just jokes bud

It's not a very good joke and it makes me feel frustrated when Okuyasu and his resurrection, which is personally one of the most touching scenes in Jojo as a whole, gets so little respect.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

goons love to repeat the same jokes over and over

they are the dane cooks of the internet

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

goons love to repeat the same jokes over and over

they are the dane cooks of the internet
Especially ADTRW for some reason. It’s why I stopped going into the One Piece manga thread.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jan 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

How dare you make light of our beloved shonen anime where men punch spaghetti and try very poorly to seduce guards in drag and we have a dog who likes to chew people's hair and fart on them. This is very serious business, this bizarre adventure.