Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:woop:

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1087637204128751616?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Fellow xbone users (xboners?) who have the season pass: the Winter Sports pack with the ski outfit and briefcase isn’t part of the required update, you have to look in the xbox store for it

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Ahhh crud, I got so tied up in AC Odyssey that I missed Holiday Hoarders. I didn’t think it would be temporary on account of it not being so in Season 1.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Ahhh crud, I got so tied up in AC Odyssey that I missed Holiday Hoarders. I didn’t think it would be temporary on account of it not being so in Season 1.

same, I was away from home until the very last day of the event and by then I was too tired to go through the challenges

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I assume they'll re-enable the mission next winter.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think Abel de Silva is broken, I can't get him to drink his goddamn drink.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Since I play a lot of PC contracts, I figured it might be worth mentioning some I played that seemed fun now and again. Bear in mind that if I say a contract is "difficult" that probably means "pants-shittingly frustrating," though I tried to avoid pure RNG stuff.
  • Bring Your Gun to Work Day (1-11-0899514). Miami contract to shotgun folks in the Kronstadt Center. While not difficult, none of the targets are freebies either.
  • Drive-By (1-13-7672265-19). Surprisingly difficult Mumbai shotgun contract. You have to leave by train, which means you have some leeway in when you finish but also you can get screwed and end up waiting if you take too long.
  • Accidents at the Track (1-11-5358017-33). Miami accident contract that's surprisingly tough to do quickly; the creator set a very strong par time.
  • Confirmed Deceptions (1-11-1702215-19). Miami contract to kill the Sheik, then kill Hector/Ted Mendez/Moses Lee as the Sheik. Hector and the Sheik are difficult to deal with and this is good practice.
  • Cut Throat Business (1-13-8384182-67). Long and difficult Mumbai contract to kill four guys in two separate locations with four different melee weapons. Not for the faint of heart or easily frustrated, but the routing is interesting.
  • How to Quit Your Job 101 (1-22-7337218-73). Whittleton Creek contract to kill a bunch of guys as a Janus Bodyguard. Nothing fancy but a nice fun setup.
  • Ex-Military Mishaps (1-11-3850500-62). Miami Any/Any contract to kill bodyguards on the top floor of the Kronstadt Center. Straightforward and quick.
  • The White Knight (1-21-6345121-78). Sgail contract to kill the four guards in the penthouse with the Broadsword as a Knight, complicated by Hide All Bodies and Perfect Shooter. A bit much, but I like it because it teaches you how to get to and deal with the penthouse guards and that may end up being relevant someday in an escalation or ET.
  • Cop Killa - 4 Gun Adventure (1-22-22202467-20). A very silly Whittleton Creek contract to kill four guards with four different weapons. Can be easily done with nothing as the map has options (including suppressed SMGs and a suppressed AR), but fun to route with just your own smuggles and things picked up along the way.
  • The Faba Demonstration (1-11-8261419-84). Miami; it may not look it, but this is a puzzle contract.
  • Witnesses (1-21-4626417-60). Weird Sgail contract with five random targets and Hide All Bodies. Interesting to route at least.
  • Faules Pack (1-11-4025531-04). Miami Any/Any contract that's super tough to route quickly but very forgiving to do at your own pace.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well I finished Sgail and I have to say based on the last cinematic, I hope like gently caress the very first thing that happens in the expansion/Hitman 3 is Diana saying,"Yeah I already knew that :shrug:"

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think Abel de Silva is broken, I can't get him to drink his goddamn drink.
Is that a guy with two drinks in one spot?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Jerusalem posted:

Well I finished Sgail and I have to say based on the last cinematic, I hope like gently caress the very first thing that happens in the expansion/Hitman 3 is Diana saying,"Yeah I already knew that :shrug:"

Is Hitman S1 and S2 still in the same canon as Blood Money and Absolution?

Because I remember there's this thing that happens at the beginning of Absolution...

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
If that guy has the same problem i had, then Abel is just standing on his little balcony, walking a few steps back into the bar-ish area towards some dudes, does a little conversation or something that lasts about 20 seconds, then turns and goes back to his little balcony. Rinse and repeat. Never breaks from this routine and never even comes close to any drink in any room.
After 20 minutes of observation and trying to coax him into doing something else, i sighed and coin-lured him around an unused chaiselongue and knocked him the gently caress out there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

qbert posted:

Is Hitman S1 and S2 still in the same canon as Blood Money and Absolution?

Because I remember there's this thing that happens at the beginning of Absolution...

I'm pretty sure they just quietly swept Absolution under the rug and pretend most of it didn't happen.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

qbert posted:

Diana doesn't actually die in Absolution

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Mantis42 posted:

Diana doesn't actually die in Absolution

Oh cool, I literally haven't played it since it first came out so I basically forgot the rest of the story.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

StrixNebulosa posted:

Go directly to Hitman 2 + the Legacy pack, it is the best possible Hitman experience. Start with the Hitman 2016 levels via the legacy pack.

which isn't to say that Blood Money isn't the best previous Hitman game by a mile, but Hitmantm is so good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This fish escalation would be way less tedious if not every civilian ran faster than 47

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

GreyjoyBastard posted:

which isn't to say that Blood Money isn't the best previous Hitman game by a mile, but Hitmantm is so good.

Blood Money is good, people tell me

I'll believe it when I someday have the stomach to get through that awful racist tutorial

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The rest of the game isn't really as bad as the tutorial. All the women look like supermodels though. So do most of the men, for that matter.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hitman games pre-2016 are the most realistic balloon animal murder simulators ever created

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

StrixNebulosa posted:

Blood Money is good, people tell me

I'll believe it when I someday have the stomach to get through that awful racist tutorial

I couldn't finish Blood Money, it's just too janky and dated. I got halfway through before giving up.

e: Just unlocked the Striker and I'm looking forward to loudly breaking and entering everywhere with this thing

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 23, 2019

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Man, that Blood Money tutorial sucks so bad. Top to bottom it's a mess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the last time i tried doing the blood money tutorial i stopped at the part when you are supposed to push a guy out the window. there is no on-screen prompt for pushing people out of windows, nor is it listed in the controls. the game is just too old.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Randallteal posted:

Man, that Blood Money tutorial sucks so bad. Top to bottom it's a mess.

The only good thing about it is that they made the target horrible and you're killing him for a good cause. Otherwise, yikes.

Jerusalem posted:

Or she'll be like "wait... that means you guys ordered it, doesn't it???"

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 23, 2019

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

apparently tornado shelter no longer required on colorado

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What's the deal with the tutorial? I haven't played that game in ages and don't remember anything other than it's in an empty amusement park?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

where the red fern gropes posted:

apparently tornado shelter no longer required on colorado

Just in time for me to start my replay of Colorado

Hobo Clown posted:

What's the deal with the tutorial? I haven't played that game in ages and don't remember anything other than it's in an empty amusement park?

it's full of gangsta stereotypes calling 47 "cracka" every other sentence

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

my god they're the only people who can tell that 47 is white :eyepop:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Grapplejack posted:

my god they're the only people who can tell that 47 is white :eyepop:

I laughed IRL at this, thank you

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Midnight Voyager posted:

The only good thing about it is that they made the target horrible and you're killing him for a good cause. Otherwise, yikes.

Or she'll be like "wait... that means you guys ordered it, doesn't it???"

"Well that wasn't m-"
Diana rips open his jacket to reveal a,"gently caress DA BURNWOODS :cool:" tattoo on his chest

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The writing of the main plotline is just absolutely abysmal. I look forward to being able to not spoilertag things so I can lay out some of my theories about just how bad that side of things is.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

The writing of the main plotline is just absolutely abysmal. I look forward to being able to not spoilertag things so I can lay out some of my theories about just how bad that side of things is.

Were all “dying” to hear it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Discendo Vox posted:

Did you get the game yet

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

elf help book posted:

Did you get the game yet

Nope! I am raging vicariously through videos and the writing of others and production leaks until I get a computer that can run it! All the better!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

the story is good when it's in the background

example: in blood money, the redneck wedding has a requirement that you not kill the bride. if you're paying close-ish attention to the story, you can work out that a) she's the one that ordered the hit, and b) the hit on the previous level

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Discendo Vox posted:

Theory: the story is intentionally dumb so that you, the player, become Agent 47, to whom the whys and wherefores of killing are an unnecessary and petty distraction. The human lives of the contracts are boring, interchangeable, and forgettable beyond any immediately useful information that can be utilised for ending them.

(I absolutely cannot keep track of who I’m killing or why and it doesn’t matter anyway :v:)

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
Can we get some sort of petition together to ask that, if IOI make another Hitman game they just release the loving thing in its entirety instead of this piecemeal tiered poo poo.

Yes I am still extremely mad about not getting to play Hokkaido.

Hitman 2 might have edged out Just Cause 2 as my favourite game ever but everything about the way the new series has been presented and sold loving sucks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they already did that and again im pretty sure youre mad at gamestop

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

they already did that and again im pretty sure youre mad at gamestop

:boom:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

joedevola posted:

Can we get some sort of petition together to ask that, if IOI make another Hitman game they just release the loving thing in its entirety instead of this piecemeal tiered poo poo.

Hitman 2 might have edged out Just Cause 2 as my favourite game ever but everything about the way the new series has been presented and sold loving sucks.

I don't understand, you didn't buy season 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

joedevola posted:

But... They did? And you can.