Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Maybe season 2 will have Jason get killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Okay finished punisher. Very enjoyable beginning to end imo but not as strong as the first season. I'm not in the mood to do a spoilerific longpost right now to, maybe tomorrow

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay, so why stick an episode about the origins of characters that we haven't seen since episode 2, and break the momentum of the story? Like who cares about Hawk and Dove's backstory? Titans you were doing so well.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I really liked Punisher S2, I like that they didn't go with "I'm a young girl so I'm defenseless. The only issue I had was "I learned a lesson with Girl X so young people might not be beyond saving but at the end of episode 13 I'll kill all kids.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Medullah posted:

but at the end of episode 13 I'll kill all kids.

???

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bit drunk when I posted that, but to clarify I didn't like that the final scene had him slaughtering a bunch of punk kids. Like, Amy could have been in a group like that - I'm good with him nuking mobsters, but for some reason youths bugged me.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

twistedmentat posted:

Okay, so why stick an episode about the origins of characters that we haven't seen since episode 2, and break the momentum of the story? Like who cares about Hawk and Dove's backstory? Titans you were doing so well.

The show likes to explore the violent impulses of superheroes, and as far as that theme goes, I think "Hank and Dove" was the standout episode of the season for its earnestness and sympathy toward its protagonists at all ages.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Medullah posted:

Bit drunk when I posted that, but to clarify I didn't like that the final scene had him slaughtering a bunch of punk kids. Like, Amy could have been in a group like that - I'm good with him nuking mobsters, but for some reason youths bugged me.

I'd have to watch it again they didnt really seem like kids to me but then again as soon as i saw it was a setup between two rival gangs i was mainly dreading the barracuda cliffhanger that thankfully didnt come

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Medullah posted:

I really liked Punisher S2, I like that they didn't go with "I'm a young girl so I'm defenseless. The only issue I had was "I learned a lesson with Girl X so young people might not be beyond saving but at the end of episode 13 I'll kill all kids.

The show makes little effort to hide that Frank is a complete loving psychopath who is somewhat sympathetic. Him slaughtering what looked like young people was the perfect period to remind people of that. At least that's how I looked at it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Watched 4 episodes of punisher s2,can't watch anymore,it's so loving boring and i can't stand that girl.

Thought they were gonna do the slavers storyline.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Made to Episode 11 and oh boy, it's my least favorite recurring character in all the Netflix MCU. Wouldn't Matt have been a way more fun and interesting choice?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I like them but if it makes you feel any better all the shows are canned so you'll never see them again

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It doesn't because I liked all the shows. Even Iron Fist to some degree. I'm still hoping somebody does something to preserve them. It's 99% not happening I suppose, but I feel like there's a lot of baby being thrown out with the bathwater here. That was another good season o' Marvel Netflix in a streak of good Marvel Netflix.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm enjoying Titans but what the hell was episode 9? an origin story feels a little out of place. Plus is Dawn supposed to be English? Also the CG for the crash scene is terrible.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bessantj posted:

I'm enjoying Titans but what the hell was episode 9? an origin story feels a little out of place. Plus is Dawn supposed to be English? Also the CG for the crash scene is terrible.

Yea, that episode should have been in the front half, not near the end. It really broke the momentum the series had. I literally skipped after watching for 5 minutes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Seriously Arrow? Does Kirk Acevedo have incriminating pictures of the producers or something?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just a head's up, last week's Gotham had a live action version of the Mutants gang from TDKR.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is this also the Young Justice thread? I wanna bitch about Cyborg's origin being told again and the character being shoved into another show.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Geoff Johns will not stop until DC's Black Friend Cyborg is in every single adaptation

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arist posted:

Geoff Johns will not stop until DC's Black Friend Cyborg is in every single adaptation

Oh, he is becoming that, isn't he? Oh, man.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
He's replaced noted Best Lantern John Stewart in the position.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
They've been pushing for more diversity in their character lineups since JLU, which is good, but Cyborg is in e v e r y t h i n g

Give us Steel or Zatanna, or John Stewart, or make Plastic Man Hmong, I don't care

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The Vandal Savage episode was pretty good.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
They mentioned Victor Stone on the radio once, but Cyborg hasn't actually shown up yet I think? I thought it was just more of those character nods that Young Justice likes to do. Like that bearded guy who's been hanging out with Miss Martian like they've known eachother for years, which they apparently have?

Edit: Missed the sneak peek, kinda funny that Khary Payton is voicing Cyborg's dad but more on the Aqualad end of his spectrum.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 23, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bessantj posted:

She's English in the comics, yes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Halloween Jack posted:

They've been pushing for more diversity in their character lineups since JLU, which is good, but Cyborg is in e v e r y t h i n g

Give us Steel or Zatanna, or John Stewart, or make Plastic Man Hmong, I don't care

Jessica Cruz is showing up in their stuff aimed at girls. But i think Johns isn't involved in that.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

twistedmentat posted:

Jessica Cruz is showing up in their stuff aimed at girls. But i think Johns isn't involved in that.

She's also in an upcoming animated thing that I didn't even know existed until yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jutORxRW47U&t=2s

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Every character design glimpsed in there matches the JLU design and the big three have their JLU actors so I really hope I can plausibly think of this as being set in that universe.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

She's English in the comics, yes.

I did wonder but she really doesn't sound English. Though it was nice to see Marina Sirtis pop up in something.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 23, 2019

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

TheHan posted:

They mentioned Victor Stone on the radio once, but Cyborg hasn't actually shown up yet I think? I thought it was just more of those character nods that Young Justice likes to do. Like that bearded guy who's been hanging out with Miss Martian like they've known eachother for years, which they apparently have?

Edit: Missed the sneak peek, kinda funny that Khary Payton is voicing Cyborg's dad but more on the Aqualad end of his spectrum.

It's hard to keep up with all the people YJ throws at you but I thought he was the geek they went to high school with.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I figured why not watch Titans since I already had the subscription. It ended up being pretty solid. If nothing else, it made me look forward to the Doom Patrol series.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't see what the problem introducing Cyborg is on a show that's basically about the junior Justice League, to be honest

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hypocrisy posted:

I figured why not watch Titans since I already had the subscription. It ended up being pretty solid. If nothing else, it made me look forward to the Doom Patrol series.

Is the Doom Patrol series a spin off so to speak from Titans? Like same cast (outside of Dalton as Chief) and location? I really liked what we saw in the show. That Robotman, like real pathos there.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm only 3 episodes in but Punisher Season 2 is horrible so far. The editing is really bad.

E: Hahahahahaha are they seriously giving Jigsaw fewer facial scars than any given boxer. This show is a disaster.

Medullah posted:

This bothers me way more than it should.

Literally the entire character is being horribly scarred. That's the only thing they had to get right.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 24, 2019

Sgt. Rock
Jun 7, 2001

Look at me! I'm whacked outta my fuckin' Brain on Whiskey!
My wife likes that Flash show but I don't know what.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Personally I didn't much mind Russo's face only being mildly scarred cuz 1 this isn't dick tracy and ridiculous make-up effects probably would've looked out of place, and 2 having Russo being hosed up about something like that totally fits in with his vanity imo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, he didn't need to be totally scarred up since it's more about him being hosed in the head.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Coming from the comics it also took me a while to figure out that this isn't a jigsaw story. He never claims the name and no one ever calls him that, in fact the word is only ever used one in the whole season iirc as a throwaway line. The story is about Billy Russo...tbh if there's one valid criticism it's that it occasionally veers into being more of a Billy Russo show than a punisher show

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I kind of wish Russo was a bit more scared up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

I don't see what the problem introducing Cyborg is on a show that's basically about the junior Justice League, to be honest

In a vacuum, sure, he fits there. He's been part of the Titans for a long time and YJ is basically that.

But he's in the Justice League animated/live action movies as a member, will be in Doom Patrol, and has been pushed hard as a Big Deal for a while now. With New 52 and Rebirth he was a founding member of the League too.