Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I just checked the production order and it's way different to the airdate order. So the opener where they're in a flooded city holding on to the side of a skyscraper was probably intended to be shown after the episode that ends with the tsunami, so everything is just that bit more confusing because they're currently being shown by airdate order.

What's weird is I think I can remember exactly which episode that led into, the mega hornets that could eat through concrete one. I don't know why I remember I only ever saw the first and a half season on Fox once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

What's weird is I think I can remember exactly which episode that led into, the mega hornets that could eat through concrete one. I don't know why I remember I only ever saw the first and a half season on Fox once

The mega hornets was more of an opener to the Hippie World episode that ends with them sliding to Tsunami World. Might have made an interesting episode by itself.
It also does that annoying thing Star Trek and Stargate sometimes do where the scientist trained in one or two specific fields is somehow able to do All the Science, like where they create penicillin out of bread mold.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

EvilTaytoMan posted:

The mega hornets was more of an opener to the Hippie World episode that ends with them sliding to Tsunami World. Might have made an interesting episode by itself.
It also does that annoying thing Star Trek and Stargate sometimes do where the scientist trained in one or two specific fields is somehow able to do All the Science, like where they create penicillin out of bread mold.

Or the deep impact episode where they invent nukes

But I guess he and the professor at least were physicists

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

EvilTaytoMan posted:

So I've been watching Sliders and I've got to say that it's 90's as gently caress. Also even more allergic to continuity than Voyager was. Even when it doesn't make sense. There's one episode where the main guy Quinn gets shot at the end and in the next episode there's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it reference to him getting shot. Or the one that ends with them about to be engulfed by a tsunami only to be completely fine the following episode.

If I remember correctly (this was quite a while ago now) the airing order got all kinds of hosed up by Fox(?) and when I watched it, I watched it in script order and the continuity thing wasn't really such a big deal.

Or that might be a different 90s show, not sure any more. Star Trek binge marathons has rotted my brain.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why does Fox gently caress with the episode order of literally every sci-fi show

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
So does the gift shop on the cruise have a Horga'hn or should I bring my own?

e: beaten.

e2: I WISH I TRAMPLED ON SOME FLOWERS BECAUSE I WANT TO DIE OF EMBARASSMENT!

dudeness fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 23, 2019

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

do you think they'll sell horgones on the ship or do i have to bring my own?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

aww, i thought this was going to turn into a moral grey area episode

poor bilby

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

tin can made man posted:

I'm okay with cruises it's all inclusive food and there's usually places to just chill and read on the ocean and I'd gladly take whatever disease Rene auborjonois and/or Jeffrey Combs transmits to me

Star Trek: I'd gladly take whatever disease Rene auborjonois and/or Jeffrey Combs transmits to me

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I shook hands with Marc Alaimo and spent the next 6 days simultaneously making GBS threads and puking AMA

:thurman:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Why does Fox gently caress with the episode order of literally every sci-fi show

Because Fox sucks major dick

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Bogus Adventure posted:

Fox sucks major dick

Link to vid/series?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Brawnfire posted:

Link to vid/series?

I'm mad that they are forcing Gotham to go out on a half-season instead of a full one. <:mad:>

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fox! I can't get this guy off me!

Let's rock and roll boys!

I guess I should be thankful.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
upon reflection the appeal of the cruise would be that it is this thread but with a pool, dysentery and awkward hook ups. the whole "i liked you in thing" "thanks" portion is probably more of a focal point to give the day structure

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I'd go for the dysentery

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
That's not fair. I went on cruises twice and only ended up in the hospital with a life threatening disease once. Btw, Doctor's Hospital in Nassau, really good hospital with a very nice staff and an active patient's advocate. If you're ever seriously I'll in the Bahamas (and you have cash on hand or international health insurance), go there.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
I assume the appeal of cruises is that you get to feel like a pirate sailing on the open seas but also with a buffet where you can build your own omelette (3 filling limit).

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Also to be drunk for multiple days on end

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

HD DAD posted:

Also to be drunk for multiple days on end
have you considered tijuana?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Pretty much. Cruises are appealing for a few reasons. First, it lets you go to different locations on one trip. If you take a Caribbean cruise, you can see like San Juan, St. Martin, St. Kitts, or whatever, all in one vacation. Of course you're not in any of those places for long...just a day, but you can see highlights or go to the beach. And the cruise will actually sell you excursions if you dont want to plan. So, take a bus tour of San Juan, or go to a run distillery or go deep sea fishing, and it's all arranged for you. You just have to show up. You also dont have to worry about lodging. You just sleep on the cruise ship, and while cruise ship rooms dont tend to be really big, they use their space creatively.

On top of that, when you're on the ship, you're spoiled for choice. If you just want to hang out in the ship's pool, you can. If you want to go to the ahip's gym, you can. You want to go to the spa and sit in a sauna or get a massage, you can. They've got shows every night, some of them actual Broadway shows. They have trivia contests. They have educational seminars. They have movies, some of them outside, every night. The big ships even have things like rock climbing walls and go cart tracks.

Then there's food and drink. Most of the big ships have paid specialty restaurants, but they all also have free restaurants, including a buffet and traditional table service. The food you get in the main dining room isn't usually gourmet, but it's not bad food, either. And the ship is full of bars and nightclubs, so if you just want to get drunk and dance, you can.

Anyways, those are some of the appeals of cruise ships. There are plenty of negatives too, but I think the reasons above are why most people go.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I would definitely go on a Star Trek cruise with everyone in this thread. It'd be fun. We'd get drunk, argue over best series/captain, and I'm pretty sure we'd end our voyage in the brig.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Honestly if I could bring like an ounce of weed with me it might be fun but I don't see that happening anytime soon

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bogus Adventure posted:

I would definitely go on a Star Trek cruise with everyone in this thread. It'd be fun. We'd get drunk, argue over best series/captain, and I'm pretty sure we'd end our voyage in the brig.

pft. i'd be chillin with the other cardie girls. we're probably all blonde.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Honestly if I could bring like an ounce of weed with me it might be fun but I don't see that happening anytime soon

I took a cruise with my in-laws once that went along the Eastern coast of Canada. Stops at Halifax and St. John's. I wonder if they could do a weed version of that. I don't know how far legalization extends into the sea lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

If it's all the same I'd rather go to Cambodia. Or Frants.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Pick posted:

I'd be kickin' it with the rest of the TOS Gold Shirts in Command Land.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

I took a cruise with my in-laws once that went along the Eastern coast of Canada. Stops at Halifax and St. John's. I wonder if they could do a weed version of that. I don't know how far legalization extends into the sea lol

I would imagine that if it's a cruise that stops at different ports they'd be violating local laws, but I don't see any reason why it would be illegal on a cruise that only hits Canada and international waters

Anecdotally I have heard that it is harder to get drugs onto a cruise than it is to get it through an airport

I don't drink wine or liquor so the idea of a week of free booze has zero appeal to me, I just want to relax by the pool with a book and a J all day, popping into the buffet as needed for munchies.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pick posted:

?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Anecdotally I have heard that it is harder to get drugs onto a cruise than it is to get it through an airport

They are an absolute bitch with their little customs setup. At one point they called a security lady over and firmly asked my MIL to remove the fanny pack she had on under her shirt.

...working on a boat full of Americans, you should probably err on the side of "paunchy gut".

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I thought the appeal of a cruise was it seems like a great adventure but requires no physical or mental effort.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I thought the appeal was that you are traveling, but can shovel food down your gullet and swig booze 24/7.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Bogus Adventure posted:

I thought the appeal was that you are traveling, but can shovel food down your gullet and swig booze 24/7.

And then after your fifth well gin and tonic, you realize "ha, I'm not actually immune to seasickness after all" and duck out early from kareoke to vomit profusely.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Wait how much do cruise ships even roll, do people get seasick on them irl

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Brawnfire posted:

And then after your fifth well gin and tonic, you realize "ha, I'm not actually immune to seasickness after all" and duck out early from kareoke to vomit profusely.

And once you finish paying the toll to the porcelain bowl, it's back to the dessert bar for hot fudge sundaes!!!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

shovelbum posted:

Inertial dampeners are failing captain!!!!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

It depends on how much you anger the Humpback Whale probe

(warning: it's an amateur vid, so the camera is VERY shaky)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO_xLED4Fa0

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

shovelbum posted:

It's very, very subtle. When we got into some choppier waters, you could just perceive the roll.

But my inner ear knew the whole time, and didn't enjoy it, and decided to let me know when I threw alcohol at it.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

shovelbum posted:

As long as Carnival Cruises doesn't have access to a spore drive you'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

dudeness posted:

As long as Carnival Cruises doesn't have access to a spore drive you'll be fine.

Nothing yet, but they always have some nipple clamps handy just in case.