Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Sincerely,
Nancy “Big Balls” Pelosi

Yon forgot the :boom: that goes along with that :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

LingcodKilla posted:

Sincerely,
Nancy “Big Balls” Pelosi

:emptyquote:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Trump gonna lose 2020, win 2024

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Piss pot dictator.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Her face needs to be (poorly) edited over Tom cruise doing his tropic thunder dance.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Can we hold elections if the government is shut down? Hypothetically?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

EBB posted:

Can we hold elections if the government is shut down? Hypothetically?

Oh God I really hope we don't have to find out.

I'm inclined to say yes, because nobody can argue that the personnel needed for an election aren't essential.

And aren't elections held by the states for the most part?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Yea I think they’re generally state-run, even for the federal positions.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

McNally posted:

And aren't elections held by the states for the most part?

Interesting question, the nuts and bolts of doing it are all handled by the states locally, I've no idea how calling it in the first place or the electoral collage would work under those circumstances. I'd bet nobody does.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Trump is looking for his Reichstag Fire moment right now. :tinfoil:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Donald trump the best thing to happen to legal theorists concerned with arcane hypotheticals

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/balleralert/status/1087553158463873025?s=21

The world is a gently caress and this has less coverage than the Covington Catholic kids’ redemption tour.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

So I just saw this:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/politics/trump-juan-guaido-venezuela/index.html

Apparently we may have to "liberate" Venezuela in the near future...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/balleralert/status/1087553158463873025?s=21

The world is a gently caress and this has less coverage than the Covington Catholic kids’ redemption tour.

It looks like that dude is already in jail for brandishing a firearm?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

hobbesmaster posted:

It looks like that dude is already in jail for brandishing a firearm?

Charged, not in jail. Posted bond.

But oh boy, there are mysteriously people eager to defend his actions. (And not just opportunistic defense lawyers)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looks like we know who has the balls in the government.

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1088174899179474945?s=19

I mean, maybe Trump has McConnell's in a lockbox somewhere, but it's grapes versus grapefruits.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Michael Cohen is requesting to delay his testimony due to threats against him and his family by the piss-baby

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/michael-cohen-says-trump-s-threats-against-his-family-will-n961816

and Venezuela is breaking off relations with the US

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Syrian Lannister posted:

Michael Cohen is requesting to delay his testimony due to threats against him and his family by the piss-baby

Preaching to the choir but the base will loving adore him for this

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Charged, not in jail. Posted bond.

But oh boy, there are mysteriously people eager to defend his actions. (And not just opportunistic defense lawyers)

I don’t know how you can keep posting in the CCW thread when you’ve got people seriously claiming the protestors were “terrorists” and how this guy was somehow not 100000% in the wrong for pulling his illegally carried gun on a crowd of unarmed teenagers.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Hexyflexy posted:

Interesting question, the nuts and bolts of doing it are all handled by the states locally, I've no idea how calling it in the first place or the electoral collage would work under those circumstances. I'd bet nobody does.

Most DOD funding will expire on Sept 30, 2020 next year. I'd be very very surprised if the Dems passed a DOD funding bill but not any others. There will be a funded gov through the elections at least (or we'll have everyone on Foxnews saying how bad it is that the commissaries are closed).

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I don’t know how you can keep posting in the CCW thread when you’ve got people seriously claiming the protestors were “terrorists” and how this guy was somehow not 100000% in the wrong for pulling his illegally carried gun on a crowd of unarmed teenagers.

Without looking I'm going to guess Skyshark and Uncle w Benefits

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

That Works posted:

Without looking I'm going to guess Skyshark and Uncle w Benefits

Amazingly you’d be wrong. Not a peep from either.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

But they had bikes! /s

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

and Venezuela is breaking off relations with the US

I mean, the US did first...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

LingcodKilla posted:

Amazingly you’d be wrong. Not a peep from either.

I guess more racists existing isn't a surprise.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

That Works posted:

I guess more racists existing isn't a surprise.

Dude in question claims to be a veteran (and has also admitted to carrying without a permit due to unspecified criminal background issues), so I really really really hope he swings by GIP at some point.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I stopped carrying because everyone who does just holds onto that fantasy of being the good guy with a gun and getting to kill someone legally.

CCWs ought to come with a psych eval with frequent rechecks. It's insane how many people carry everyday that hope they get to use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8TPPJgZr8I

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Wasabi the J posted:

I stopped carrying because everyone who does just holds onto that fantasy of being the good guy with a gun and getting to kill someone legally.

CCWs ought to come with a psych eval with frequent rechecks. It's insane how many people carry everyday that hope they get to use it.

they never know when theyll get the itch to murder their family

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

I enjoy the extreme level of correlation between people going to bat for the gunman in that video and many (most?) of those same people having rap sheets with obvious racism probations.

It’s a very high level of correlation! Plus super racist veteran who posts about how he chooses to roll the dice and illegally carrying concealed is probably gonna make the news some day and it’d be nice if he were banned from SA before that, at least.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I got a racism probation once for Russophobia. Genesplicer can't be trusted :tinfoil:
Ok, I might have suggested that we help speed along their appetit for self destruction.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Strangely enough i only carry when i go to absolute shitholes like the hicktowns 30 miles from asheville and myrtle beach because there are northern plates on the work car. Charlotte and raleigh are fine. Fayettenam depends on how i feel that day. My buddy's roommate refuses to deal with his depression because hes afraid theyll say he's invalid to cc and he has massive hopes of "good guy with a gunning".

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I cc a cutie tiny pocket pistol everywhere i legally can because it looks like my hog is huge.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

I got a racism probation once for Russophobia. Genesplicer can't be trusted :tinfoil:
Ok, I might have suggested that we help speed along their appetit for self destruction.

Where you the one who had the idea to drop a ton of heroin laced with fentanyl or something along those lines in urban areas in russia?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

Where you the one who had the idea to drop a ton of heroin laced with fentanyl or something along those lines in urban areas in russia?
I didn't come up with it but it's not the worst idea in the world.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Stravag posted:

Strangely enough i only carry when i go to absolute shitholes like the hicktowns 30 miles from asheville and myrtle beach because there are northern plates on the work car. Charlotte and raleigh are fine. Fayettenam depends on how i feel that day. My buddy's roommate refuses to deal with his depression because hes afraid theyll say he's invalid to cc and he has massive hopes of "good guy with a gunning".

It's kinda weird seeing people talk about your home from another perspective. I'm 20 minutes from Asheville, the locals are nice enough but every now and then we get a nutter who worships Billy Graham that thinks I'm a tour guide that can get them into his old house or whatever.

Myrtle beach is poo poo though. Never going back there again. It's like a micro florida with a dash of SC armpit stank for good measure.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 23, 2019

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

That was me. I still stand by it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://neighbors.ring.com/n/M7vge

Just normal city things.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lol @ "machine gun"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

LingcodKilla posted:

I cc a cutie tiny pocket pistol everywhere i legally can because it looks like my hog is huge.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I mean it's obviously some sort of AK variant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

As Nero Danced posted:

It's kinda weird seeing people talk about your home from another perspective. I'm 20 minutes from Asheville, the locals are nice enough but every now and then we get a nutter who worships Billy Graham that thinks I'm a tour guide that can get them into his old house or whatever.

Myrtle beach is poo poo though. Never going back there again. It's like a micro florida with a dash of SC armpit stank for good measure.

The only time ive ever felt skeeved out by people sizing me up was about 30-45 mins southwest of asheville and i was in oakland and the DC ghettos for a while. I have never been scanned that hard before

Edit: tbf to asheville working western texas was the area that convinced me to buy a carry gun because i got sick of people walking up on me out of my blindspot in parking lots with their hand on their gun to ask me about my job

Stravag fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 23, 2019