Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Oh you mean a Star Trek show had a weak first season tell me more :allears:

(this is not directed at anybody in this thread specifically btw)

I'm a broken record on this but TNG's first season was led by a senile paranoid drug-addled narcissist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

nuclearBarbarian posted:

I'm predicting that all of those trek veterans on that cruise get wiped out by norovirus.

Of my friends, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, theirs were the most... human.

Trek cruises have been happening since Gene Roddenberry was still alive, it's not like this is a new thing.

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power

Bogus Adventure posted:

I would definitely go on a Star Trek cruise with everyone in this thread. It'd be fun. We'd get drunk, argue over best series/captain, and I'm pretty sure we'd end our voyage in the brig.

gonna drink til we see 5 lights.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Someone didn't get their morning raktajino...

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Temper Trudeau posted:

gonna drink til we see 5 lights.

:respek:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Do they sub-theme the Trek Cruises? Is it the same thing every year, or could I go on a First Contact cruise, a Wrath of Khan Cruise? A Voyage Home cruise with whale watching expedition? I feel like it would get really boring if it was All-Trek every time. Like, a TOS cruise would be completely different than a TNG cruise, and a DS9 cruise would be awesome because there'd be Quark's. A Voyager cruise would be really exciting at first and then each day would drag on forever, with all the expeditions being fun on the face but poorly-organized. For instance, the Delta Flyer expedition promises high-speed adventure, but it's barely more interesting than being on the ship was.

I would want to do a First Contact cruise. A borged-out cruise ship would be hella sick. Lots of those lightning circles everywhere. What the gently caress are those called? And the bars done up gangland 1940s style.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Alcove

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DS9 Vic Fontaine Holodeck theme

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Snow Cone Capone posted:

DS9 Vic Fontaine Holodeck theme

You'll never get sisko there. Unless there's a vault he can help break into.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Jeffrey Combs types would love it

It's Avery Brooks personal hell

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

TOS Gamesters of Triskelion theme

Everyone wearing harnesses and silver collars while fighting for glory

Refreshments served afterwards

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Horsie rides from William Shatner

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Just stay away from the pool.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Is the first scene of Leeta "I have a cough" badly acted or are they already loving and this is one of their games?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Save a filly, ride a Billy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Leeta's actress seems like a very nice lady. But not a particularly talented actress.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Pick posted:

Leeta's actress seems like a very nice lady. But not a particularly talented actress.

She had a cameo on CW's The Flash. It was pretty decent.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
just thinking about ira behr's personal aesthetic apropos of nothing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Everyone on the DS9 writing and production team were clearly passionate theater kid weirdos

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh thank you, but I meant the IRL product that's a decorative circle with lightning/electrical bolts going nuts in it. For some reason I am failing at search combos that bring up the item in question. I just want to buy one for my lounge.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'd be kickin' it with the rest of the TOS Gold Shirts in Command Land.

"Sir, this section if for the Gold VIP Command customers. The Red Economy is to your left. Would you
care to upgrade?"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Automatic Slim posted:

"Sir, this section if for the Gold VIP Command customers. The Red Economy is to your left. Would you
care to upgrade?"

lol

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power

Zesty posted:

Is the first scene of Leeta "I have a cough" badly acted or are they already loving and this is one of their games?

No that's the first time they meet and she's just using the last pickup line used on her.

Leeta, Kira, Ro... The only unattractive bajoran female is Winn.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
If you don't think Louise Fletcher didn't have it going on I don't know what to tell you.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Temper Trudeau posted:

No that's the first time they meet and she's just using the last pickup line used on her.

Leeta, Kira, Ro... The only unattractive bajoran female is Winn.

Look, Dukat only bangs the hottest of Bajorans, so I think your argument is not valid.

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

He missed Opaka.

https://twitter.com/trekfan4747/status/853440039056965632?s=19

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Brawnfire posted:

Oh thank you, but I meant the IRL product that's a decorative circle with lightning/electrical bolts going nuts in it. For some reason I am failing at search combos that bring up the item in question. I just want to buy one for my lounge.

All I remember is that they used to sell these and the plasma globe at Spencer's Gifts when that was more than a knock off Hot Topic.

e: Just looked it up, most places call it a plasma disk.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Plasma disk, yesss! Thanks! Can't wait to complete my alcove and stand motionless in it until the collective requires this drone.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
holy crap, Ben Sisko actually calling out the Fontaine hologram (and by extension, most of starfleet officers' infatuation with middle 20th century US) for its hypocritical ignorance of racial prejudice

Like, did they know this was the final season so they were all "okay, sisko can actually acknowledge that he's black and that means something to him in the 24th century now"? Far Beyond the Stars is an astounding piece of African-American Literature standing by itself, but it feels genuinely interesting to see a Starfleet officer like, tackle and mention race

e: and Cassidy's rebuttal mentioning "us" and "our" also confirms I guess that she's at least descended from black westerners/americans, her ship's called the Xhosa so I was wondering if she was an African national, iirc a nationality we don't ever see reflected in Trek

e2: like earth is apparently this post-racial paradise where everyone has opportunity yet all the luminaries of Starfleet are from the US, Europe, or like Mars or whatever

tin can made man fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 24, 2019

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

tin can made man posted:

e: and Cassidy's rebuttal mentioning "us" and "our" also confirms I guess that she's at least descended from black westerners/americans, her ship's called the Xhosa so I was wondering if she was an African national, iirc a nationality we don't ever see reflected in Trek

Uhura is from South Africa and Geordi is from Somalia.

The origins of the various human main characters:

Kirk: Iowa
McCoy: Georgia
Sulu: California
Chekov: Russia
Uhura: South Africa

Picard: France
Riker: Alaska
Yar: Off-world colony
Crusher: Lunar colony
Geordi: Somalia

Sisko: Louisiana (New Orleans specifically)
Bashir: Not specified
O'Brien: Ireland
Eddington: Canada

Janeway: Indiana
Chakotay: Off-world colony
Torres: Off-world colony
Kim: South Carolina
Paris: Not specified
Seven: Spacer

Archer: New York (state)
Trip: Florida
Mayweather: Spacer
Reed: UK
Hoshi: Japan

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
oh DUH

That's actually a super great list, thanks

I assume Bashir is English because of his bond fanfiction and his dad's actor lays it on pretty thick too

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Actually Uhura and La Forge were both African Nationals. Sisko was the first African American regular.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I don’t remember if it was an actual TV show thing or a book thing but Africa is apparently the United States of Africa. Bet that gets confusing in textbooks.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Why does Fox gently caress with the episode order of literally every sci-fi show
It's run by wormhole profits that don't understand linearity.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Wasn't Bashir from India?

His parents are Indian and he mentions his surname has origins in India/Persia. Its also a nice tie in to the genetic modification thing since wasn't Khan Indian?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Cythereal posted:

Eddington: Canada
gently caress

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Alberta, right?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

There's no loving way Canada makes it out of World War III without being annexed though.

quote:

A once family heirloom of Eddington's was a 22nd century one dollar coin which he dubbed his "lucky loonie."

So around 2100 makes sense for Canada to not exist as a country any more.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 24, 2019

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

numberoneposter posted:

There's no loving way Canada makes it out of World War III without being annexed though.

So around 2100 makes sense for Canada to not exist as a country any more.

That could just be when Earth moved away from nation-based currency for something like Federation credits. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I still don't buy Canada, culture, nation, or otherwise, making it through the post-atomic horror as anything other than a historical footnote.

Any ways enough about that, let's get back to Star Trek Cruise Chat lmao.