Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HootTheOwl posted:

5.7 billion to fire them and hire better ones.

just hire better cops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I don't care how much money you're paying to hire non-racist border patrol, you're not going to find them

The problem is not that we're not paying our cops enough money to be unracist, and this applies double for border cops. Gotta fix the rules.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May’s Irish backstop plan – The EU has told the prime minister that a no-deal Brexit would result in a hard Irish border"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Oscars 2019: Roma and The Favourite vie for glory with 10 nominations each

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... war memorial vandalism

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

It is hardly presumptuous to say that MLK would've hated your candy rear end, Ramirez.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Any time Ramirez makes a half-way decent caricature I like to imagine it took him weeks of edits to get it right.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I mean, there's a certain amount of "character" that goes into choosing to purchase and wear a Maga hat.

"Choosing" being a pretty important distinction.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"The I Have A Dream speech meant that nobody should judge racists" is somehow an even worse take than "The I Have A Dream speech meant that you should Stop Playing The Race Card"

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

People who wear MAGA hats are racist scum. AGC

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Clothing with a political message and skin color, basically the same thing.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Gaybies nomination: Worst Gaslighter cartoon

(Or should it be "racism" because of the gratuitous "Warren is Pocahontas" and crying Italian man dressed as Indian?)

Gaybies nomination: Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Oh good lord, I didn't even notice that said "color of our hat," I thought it was just a generic "MLK good" toon.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

How long must a man be judged by the color of his hood

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 23, 2019

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

It is entirely unfair to judge me based on an article of clothing that represents my character.

Also, Jesus gently caress this may be the most poor in taste thing I've ever seen.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

Oh good lord, I didn't even notice that said "color of our hat," I thought it was just a generic "MLK good" toon.

It would actually have been weird if he made a generic "MLK good" cartoon IMO

Republicans haven't really advanced all the way from "MLK bad" to "MLK good," they're kind of stuck on "MLK is useful as an unimpeachable figure that we can distort for our own purposes"

AFAICT they're pretty much incapable of discussing him in any other context than "if MLK were alive today I think he'd agree with me on this horribly racist thing I'm about to say"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Raised By Birds posted:

oh my loving god

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

:effort:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The message that is that they have to wear the hat even if they don't want to because of fate or because God told them to or something, right?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Raised By Birds posted:

Oh son of a bitch I also did not notice that, Ramirez get turbofucked.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

The message that is that they have to wear the hat even if they don't want to because of fate or because God told them to or something, right?

The message is that you shouldn't judge someone's character based on a conscious decision that reflects on their character.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Ramirez get turbofucked.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 23, 2019

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Supporting Trump is just something white people do. Why, they're born talking about how Central Americans are a threat to the nation. Criticizing white people for MAGAing is just plain racist.

I think if MLK Jr. were alive today he would agree with m-- :fuckoff:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Let me try this thing.

Gaybies nomination: overall worst political cartoon.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Made a short "how dare you judge people by the contents of their character" compilation:
https://imgur.com/gallery/s2Ojq7j

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Made a short "how dare you judge people by the contents of their character" compilation:
https://imgur.com/gallery/s2Ojq7j

I love the Lester one that somehow fails to understand the original painting

I guess he thought the US Marshals were arresting Ruby Bridges?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Mike Lester is dumb as gently caress, you say? :nallears:

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

How long must a man be judged by the color of his hood

What kind of monster judges people based on the political outfits they wear? Those SJWs have gone too far!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Count Roland posted:

What kind of monster judges people based on the political outfits they wear? Those SJWs have gone too far!

With their man buns and their dyed hair and their stretchers and their piercings and their tattoos and their beards and their pink hats and their rainbow shirts and their

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

this is cool and not a racism gaybie nominee at all.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Der Waffle Mous posted:

this is cool and not a racism gaybie nominee at all.

- Hand on drum is massive compared to rest of body
- Ghost images of moving drumstick that does not actually go anywhere near the drum
- Drum is clearly an oversized bottle cap painted brown

D-, please see me after class

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Michael Ramirez, not a racist

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

CuddleCryptid posted:

- Ghost images of moving drumstick that does not actually go anywhere near the drum

D-, please see me after class

Lmao wow, that is really blatantly bad now that you've pointed it out. He's just waving the fucker.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love the “watch the full video” narrative since it makes that side look even loving worse.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Which is two, by the way. TWO (2)!!!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

SeANMcBAY posted:

I love the “watch the full video” narrative since it makes that side look even loving worse.

Always ask if they did, then ask what they thought about the dude in the SS fursuit when they invariably pretend they did

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

rodbeard posted:

Well 4 people an hour away from me were plotting a terror attack on a Muslim community. Details are sketchy but somebody's mother was already on the local news blaming his Asperger's and ADHD.

ahahaha what
I can get the very dangerous idea of suggesting that aspergers makes you a sociopath because of challenges with empathy or whatever. But what even the hell is the logic on the ADD connection lol.
If anything ADHD would ensure he would be an incompetent terrorist who would skim read the bomb making kit and die in a garage explosion.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Somfin posted:

Always ask if they did, then ask what they thought about the dude in the SS fursuit when they invariably pretend they did

Sounds like one of those "if I tell you to focus on players passing a ball you won't notice the man in the Bigfoot costume" things.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Looking forward to all the nuanced and well-informed Venezuela cartoons.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Here’s the Gillette ad directed at customers who may be underachieving in the best a man can be category. But ADWEEK says the ad was a hit with Gillette’s real target audience – women.

Chip Bok posted:

Trump offered relief for young immigrant “Dreamers” in exchange for for his wall. It was an appeal to the Democrat’s base but Pelosi wouldn’t bite. She wants Trump stuffed and mounted, if not devoured.

Meanwhile, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez has bigger fish to fry. She says climate change will kill us all in 12 years, so why are you worried about money.

Establishment Democrats seem more worried about her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

You can tell Branco didn't actually watch the video because the hand holding the drum is front and center the entire time and he still draws it incorrectly.