Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dec 26, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

napoleon planting dynamite

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011
lol look at this trash

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1088061731287515136

salisbury shake has issued a correction as of 04:29 on Jan 24, 2019

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

fool_of_sound posted:

lol he was a cop prison guard school dropout
that is not surprising

just think: guys like him are the ones responsible for keeping contraband out of prisons (they do not)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

"wish we could've walked away"

"could've"

Yes, I could see how you were being prevented from doing just that the entire time you and your friends were jeering at that man.

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

"wish we could've walked away"

"could've"

Yes, I could see how you were being prevented from doing just that the entire time you and your friends were jeering at that man.

i like how the narrative shifted from "appreciating a cultural exchange" to "i was standing my ground" to "he's a grown man, by smirking i was de-escalating the situation" to "i wanted to leave but i didn't know everyone had their phones out, yet i didn't want to knock them down"

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013
I hate these fuckin kids so much

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

thing is, this is normal

this is how wealthy people act when they feel aggrieved by a member of the lower classes, these kids are special only in that this was recorded and picked up traction online unlike almost every other case of a privileged person having their authority challenged by what they deem to be a lesser

and even this video, a perfect example, has had multiple powerful sources act to defuse the situation and gain control of the narrative, and they've succeeded

this can't be fixed, you can't add enough regulations to ameliorate the effects of a stratified class society in which a tiny minority hold all power and wealth

this is the kind of deep rot that can only be cleared by a revolutionary upheaval of society, no amount of hashtags or liberal comedians can change it

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
more on OC nazi beatdown:

https://twitter.com/sandibachom/status/1088258766397677568

quote:

A group of neo-nazis made their presence known during the middle of Reagan Youth’s set. One neo-nazi, who was wearing a Skrewdriver shirt (more on that later) was asked to leave the show for being belligerent. When he refused, he and his cronies started hurling racial slurs at surrounding audience members on the side of the stage while the show was going on. One of them allegedly shouted “Orange County is a white man’s town!” near the stage. This quickly escalated into a full-fledged fistfight, with almost a dozen audience members getting involved.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMgMr0JcYJ4

Somebody mentioned some hilarious fiction novel written by some chud a while back, and this youtuber is going through it. It's very pro-click. But aside from it being unintentionally amusing, it demonstrates a common thing that's prevalent in all forms of fictional chud media. See, the Right wants to portray themselves as sympathetic people/characters, but they have enough self-awareness to realize that their views are generally horrible and thus completely unpalatable for most non-chud people. So what they have to do is construct scenarios and characters that are so utterly over the top, that the viewer has no choice but to acknowledge that these liberal bogeyman are the bad guys.

It's the only way a movie like God's Not Dead can be taken even remotely seriously. The creators knew they couldn't just make a film about some philosophy professor who just HAPPENS to be an atheist. No, said atheist professor MUST demonstrate why he's a bad person. He's not just someone who presumably wants to surreptitiously poison youthful conservative minds with his indoctrination, but rather, someone who openly, and VICIOUSLY attacks people who believe in God, to the point of physically assaulting a student for making him look bad in front of his students due to his excellent pro-Christianity arguments.

Same principle in this case. The hero of the story is some guy big (this is something that's repeated a lot), tough, manly, god-fearin' former soldier who's taking some courses at some liberal university (redundant?). As you can imagine, someone like him wouldn't fit at such an institution. But to demonstrate just how awful this university and its students and teachers are, in the first couple of pages, he tries to save some lib female student getting abused by her lib boyfriend. He tries to intervene, but is scolded by the female student for trying to spread toxic masculinity by assuming she couldn't defend herself (which she wasn't doing, apparently). Then he (no joke) gets attacked by a gang of antifa carrying bike locks (seriously) :lol:

You'll NEVER have a piece of right-wing media that ever shows these fucks defending the things that the left ACTUALLY criticizes them for. It always has to be exaggerated evil poo poo that the Left is supposedly doing, even though the Left would be fine with opposing. There'll never be a movie about a homophobic baker kicking out a gay customer, without that gay customer being portrayed as a mob boss or something ("Nice bakery you got here. Be a shame if the ACLU had to send you an email at some point :smug: " )

Mr Interweb has issued a correction as of 06:34 on Jan 24, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Francis from What a Hell of A Way to Die has been teasing that he's doing a review of Trigger Warning for the next episode of the podcast, and he's an actual troop.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i couldn't get more than fifteen minutes into that because the writing was just so loving awful

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013
another good window into right-wing paranoia and framing of liberal positions in the most maliciously absurd terms

https://youtu.be/t1oR3_oRfn4

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

This is a tragedy. None of the Nazis died. :smith:

Dec 26, 2012

enter sandmann, exit sadman

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

01011001 posted:

enter sandmann, exit sadman

lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Sleep with one eye open
Grip waifu pillow tight

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

Somebody mentioned some hilarious fiction novel written by some chud a while back, and this youtuber is going through it. It's very pro-click. But aside from it being unintentionally amusing, it demonstrates a common thing that's prevalent in all forms of fictional chud media. See, the Right wants to portray themselves as sympathetic people/characters, but they have enough self-awareness to realize that their views are generally horrible and thus completely unpalatable for most non-chud people. So what they have to do is construct scenarios and characters that are so utterly over the top, that the viewer has no choice but to acknowledge that these liberal bogeyman are the bad guys.

It's the only way a movie like God's Not Dead can be taken even remotely seriously. The creators knew they couldn't just make a film about some philosophy professor who just HAPPENS to be an atheist. No, said atheist professor MUST demonstrate why he's a bad person. He's not just someone who presumably wants to surreptitiously poison youthful conservative minds with his indoctrination, but rather, someone who openly, and VICIOUSLY attacks people who believe in God, to the point of physically assaulting a student for making him look bad in front of his students due to his excellent pro-Christianity arguments.

Same principle in this case. The hero of the story is some guy big (this is something that's repeated a lot), tough, manly, god-fearin' former soldier who's taking some courses at some liberal university (redundant?). As you can imagine, someone like him wouldn't fit at such an institution. But to demonstrate just how awful this university and its students and teachers are, in the first couple of pages, he tries to save some lib female student getting abused by her lib boyfriend. He tries to intervene, but is scolded by the female student for trying to spread toxic masculinity by assuming she couldn't defend herself (which she wasn't doing, apparently). Then he (no joke) gets attacked by a gang of antifa carrying bike locks (seriously) :lol:

You'll NEVER have a piece of right-wing media that ever shows these fucks defending the things that the left ACTUALLY criticizes them for. It always has to be exaggerated evil poo poo that the Left is supposedly doing, even though the Left would be fine with opposing. There'll never be a movie about a homophobic baker kicking out a gay customer, without that gay customer being portrayed as a mob boss or something ("Nice bakery you got here. Be a shame if the ACLU had to send you an email at some point :smug: " )

The 'hero' is supposed to be a master's student in bio, yet he's not teaching any labs(let alone being a TA in anything), dorms with undergrads, and is apparently still taking gen-eds

The author has no idea how anything works, and it's... well, I'd say it's fascinating to realize, but we all know how this goes by now.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Grondoth posted:

The 'hero' is supposed to be a master's student in bio, yet he's not teaching any labs(let alone being a TA in anything), dorms with undergrads, and is apparently still taking gen-eds

The author has no idea how anything works, and it's... well, I'd say it's fascinating to realize, but we all know how this goes by now.

I also just found out the book is written by a WOMAN :psyboom:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr Interweb posted:

Yea, Nicholson makes this thing palatable through her usual awkward character. As you said, the writer fails to do even the most cursery research in how things work. All their stuff about the evil SJWs and Antifa are straight out of RWM and the way it portrays it. The Antifa gang pops up randomly from nowhere again later when he's on a date. There's also the white professer who identifies as black, and constant "Microaggressions!" talk. Of course the only Muslim is all "I think ISIS is super good and the west should burn!". My favorite thing that she brings up in the book is how our hero brings up "Audy Murphy wasn't some snowflake that needed safe spaces with colouring books, he was out being a REAL MAN!" and then Nicholson brings up the fact Audy Murphy suffered terrible PSTD for his entire life and never really got over it. It just shows such an amazing lack of any kind of research outside of checking out Hannity or something.

Then there's the weird tonal shift at the end when the guys grandfather shows up and invites him to the Chud Avengers, they're probably going to go recruit Segal's character from Shadow Wolves or whatever the hell that book is. Her looking into things shows that the writer actually died years ago, and he was prolific, he wasn't super chuddy, just wrote cowboy action books and some horror, then he dies and his niece takes over and starts pumping out books for chuds.

Speaking of gods not dead, the 3rd one actually tries to defend Christian beliefs, and characters actually have conversations, and the Chrisitan characters have to actually make arguments to support their beliefs rather than just spouting off bible passages. At least according to the Cinema Snobs reivew, though he points out that is the worst preforming out of all 3 movies. Probably because it didn't feed into Evangelicals persecution complex like all those other movies do.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Going to a Reagan Youth concert in a Skrewdriver t-shirt, are we sure it was not Bruce Willis forced to do dumb poo poo by terrorists?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Anaheim is super hispanic so they are trying to MAnaheimGA

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
one of the diphsit kids was on fox news and said blackface was showing school spirit, thats starting to make the rounds now

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This reminded me of the existence of Jewdriver.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Reclines Obesily posted:

one of the diphsit kids was on fox news and said blackface was showing school spirit, thats starting to make the rounds now

*nods jake tapperishly*

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
i know earlier someone said the PR firm the families hired were incompetent, im starting to agree.

they already won... why are they shooting the kids full of drugs and putting them on tv, they’re saying stupid poo poo and look like hostages reading a script

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
surely the PR campaign could have instructed these chucklefucks to not admit that it was blackface

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hellsau posted:

surely the PR campaign could have instructed these chucklefucks to not admit that it was blackface

What does it matter? The people who are against blackface know it's blackface, and the people who are racists also know it's blackface and really like it. You're making it sound like there's some sort of middle ground.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
i used to think charlies kirks little buddy maga hogg was cringe, not anymore. maybe being a grifter is harder than i thought, that kids got the right stuff compared to these weirdos

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

What does it matter? The people who are against blackface know it's blackface, and the people who are racists also know it's blackface and really like it. You're making it sound like there's some sort of middle ground.

literally just deny that it was blackface, say they just were painted all black since it was a black-out game, it isn't like any of the corrupt rear end media would point out that they painted their lips and eyes white, hell they were on fox news for gently caress's sake just don't say blackface

e: probably should post these dead eyed robots

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1088057602318192640

Hellsau has issued a correction as of 11:19 on Jan 24, 2019

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
to be fair it was steve doocy that called it blackface, the kid just stumbled and admitted they were told they werent allowed to wear black paint anymore because someone filmed it :lol:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hellsau posted:

literally just deny that it was blackface

How is this a reply to my post :confused:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

How is this a reply to my post :confused:

It matters because if they have a fig leaf of deniability, even if it isn't actually plausible anymore, they and their parents and the media machine that is designed to keep white supremacy entrenched will be able to ignore any outrage with "oh there was no actual racism except from those drat blacks!" but they couldn't even be assed to coach those drat robots to just deny deny deny.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hellsau posted:

It matters because if they have a fig leaf of deniability, even if it isn't actually plausible anymore, they and their parents and the media machine that is designed to keep white supremacy entrenched will be able to ignore any outrage with "oh there was no actual racism except from those drat blacks!" but they couldn't even be assed to coach those drat robots to just deny deny deny.

Call me pessimistic but I'm about 100% sure they are able to ignore any outrage anyway since they're rich and blackface isn't illegal.

e: I mean what would the negative consequences be anyway?

ee: I should actually have asked "what negative consequences are they facing now that they wouldn't have faced had they denied it being blackface?"

3D Megadoodoo has issued a correction as of 11:33 on Jan 24, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

Call me pessimistic but I'm about 100% sure they are able to ignore any outrage anyway since they're rich and blackface isn't illegal.

someone might say they should face a consequence, not that they would but they can't even accept the insinuation that they could conceivably face a consequence.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jerry Cotton posted:

there are leftist mobs going after them on social media!

leftist!

mobs!

and even TV personalities are going after them

and opinion writers in the new york times!

who's next???

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

leftist!

mobs!

who's next???

hangem high haberman

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

leftist!

mobs!

who's next???

Yes and that would've happened exactly the same even had they denied it was blackface because it was blackface.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i asked someone to name me the actual harm that had befallen the barbarian teens from the catholic school and "leftist mobs!" is the answer i got.

:derp:

the goon who said that rich people will move heaven and earth to spare themselves from embarrassment made the best post in pages and pages

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Have any of these news orgs interviewed the other guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

snoremac posted:

Have any of these news orgs interviewed the other guy?

no, they couldnt find his PR firms email