Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Actually, thinking about it, would (dived) Relm USB with the [+SB when taking damage] RM beat out Elarra for this if the USB casting is going to be so constant? I also have Relm's Last Stand BSB to throw on as an extra layer of bullshit defense.

I've survived an entire minute but I only had one Engulfing Quadstrike between Bartz and Paine so only made it to 50%. With two more R4 copies I could get a lot further. Or I could use Tidus and Sapphire Shot/Bullet plus OSB casts instead.

That's actually an impressive amount of survival. Hones, Stormspell (if even just for Bartz teamed with Tidus), and more importantly a water imperil are probably the biggest things for you. The first two sound quickly doable, but if you can't crack 75% with that, I'd say this fight is worth a punt for the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

iamsosmrt posted:

That's actually an impressive amount of survival. Hones, Stormspell (if even just for Bartz teamed with Tidus), and more importantly a water imperil are probably the biggest things for you. The first two sound quickly doable, but if you can't crack 75% with that, I'd say this fight is worth a punt for the future.

KataraniSword posted:

No, if only because Elarra's Regenga is really important for keeping you standing between those USB casts. When he gets revved up, it's not uncommon to have Phoenix take three turns to each one of yours. That said, if you made it to a minute then it's not necessarily survival that's your problem, but hones/skill kit. Look into anyone on your team that can drop imperils, go for Stormspell Strike if you can, and definitely consider using Sapphire Bullet if you have someone who can use it (Tidus is good but he may not the best option in this case unless you have his Chain or one of his USBs)

The thing that actually caused me to die was Tyro running out of Entrust hones, haha. Could Relm not pull ahead if I'm constantly firing off OSBs to slow Phoenix down? Would it be worth using Relm + RM Wall over Tyro Godwall maybe and running dual healers? Ignis is already Hastega-ing, I'm sure they could squeak out Proshell between them.

I don't think I can Imperil water at all. There's no skill for that, right?

I already have R4 Stormspell on Bartz, he just had an empty second slot while Paine had R4 Engulfing Quadstrike and an empty second slot. I'm just weighing Tidus vs Paine as;

-Both have Enwater access (Tidus via BSB, Paine via USB)

-Tidus will cast his OSB with spare bars, Paine recasts 10-hit USB (basically the same max damage potential, but Tidus keeps knocking Savage Mode off in tandem with Bartz)

-Tidus' skills would have a higher multiplier (he's using Yuffie's AOSB +water throwing, putting Sapphire Bullet/Shot above Engulfing Quadstrike's modifiers, Bullet having an extra hit too)

-Both have 35% dualcast through dive

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Pulled on earth banner: Ingus CSB/USB, Dorgann USB and rinoa BUSB (dupe)

Sadly I have galuf chain, but I also have nothing else for him so I might roll dingus instead.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

wow this premium pass thing looks like a pretty lovely value

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Augus posted:

wow this premium pass thing looks like a pretty lovely value

It's better than the rest of the cash shop.

That's more of an indication of how garbage the shop is in general, though.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Shouldn't we be happy that its basically for beginners? Even the stat buff does nothing for content that matters

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Thundercracker posted:

Shouldn't we be happy that its basically for beginners? Even the stat buff does nothing for content that matters

But it's not for beginners. I only started playing a month ago and nothing beyond maybe Double XP is anything I needed.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
If double xp applied towards leveling magicite it would be tempting.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

So the new Black Chocobo event type starting up in JP is basically a collection type thing:
"Fulfill mission requirements to earn Fever Tickets.
Spend Fever Tickets to participate in Fever Harvest where you can obtain Krakka Greens.
Exchange them in Fat Black Chocobo shop for items."

But the shop's where it gets interesting:

quote:

Shop contents include
- Queen, Desch, Reno
- Mythril
- 5* Ripper Bolt
- 5* Tempest Snipe
- 5* Chain Thundaga
- 5* Relics
- 6* Reno CSB: Activates Lightning Limit Chain (99) & 20% Lightning Field
That's right, a freebie Chain! It's basically a 1.0 style chain without an entry effect (0.5 chain?), but that's pretty good for the price!

There's also an event banner that's a bonanza for Queen and Desch- An Awakening, Glint, and LMR for her, a 2.0 Chain, Glint, and LMR for him; Shelke also gets her USB and Glint, and Reno gets an Arcane Overstrike.

Black Chocobo Lightning Banner posted:

Queen's Shamshir [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Lightning/Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Lightning, Lightning Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Merciless Oracle Mode to user
Lightning Awakening Mode: Unlimited Lightning Hones, Lightning Ability Boost & Dualcast Lightning
Merciless Oracle Mode: Quick Cast & chases Lightning abilities with Critical Chance +?/?/?/100% to user

Desch's Rune Bell [CSB, +10 MAG] - Activates Lightning Limit Chain (150) & 50% Lightning Field, MAG +50% to party

Reno's Gold Rod [AOSB, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - 3 single-target Lightning Overflow ranged hybrid attacks

Shelke's Guise (VII-DoC) [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 random Lightning/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & DEF -40%, Physical Blink 1 to party, Technical Spark to user
Technical Spark: After using Celerity or Support abilities, chases with 4 single-target Lightning/NE physical attacks + MAG -40%
Ashe's Ultima Blade [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 random Lightning/NE magic attacks, En-Lightning & Thunder of Innovation to user
Thunder of Innovation: After using Lightning abilities, grants High Quick Magic 1 to back-row members; After using 3 Lightning abilities, grants Lightning Damage +10% to party
Reno's Imperil Guard [USB, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - 10 single-target Lightning ranged hybrid attacks, En-Lightning, Machinist or Black Magic Damage +30% and Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Lightning abilities
Level 0: Single-target Lightning ranged hybrid attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Lightning Overflow ranged hybrid attack

Marach's Gokuu Pole [USB, +10 MAG] - 8 random Lightning/NE magic attacks, Instant Cast, Full Breakdown, Magic Blink 1 to party

Queen's Imperial Saber [Glint, +10 ATK] - En-Lightning, En-Lightning Stack & Instant Cast 1 to user, Instant Cast & Zero SB Cost
Desch's Guise [Glint, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Lightning/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, minor Imperil Lightning & RES -50%
Shelke's Partisan (VII-DoC) [Glint, +10 ATK] - 75% Damage Reduction Barrier 1 & Haste to party, Instant Cast

Queen's Blitz Armlet [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Lightning for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Desch's Blood Sword [LMR, +10 MAG] - Haste & Instant Cast 1 at the start of battle
Ashe's Golden Shield [LMR, +10 MAG] - When using Lightning abilities, 25% chance to chase with 3 single-target Lightning/NE magic attacks + 1500 heal to an ally
Reno's Enhanced Light Rod [LMR, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - En-Lightning for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/_KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1088371012368949248

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Yaaaaaaaaaay

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I hope this means we'll be getting it in Global, too…

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yea it says it’s worldwide.

【Collaboration decision】 The second collaboration with "FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper" was decided. This time, "KH III" versions of Sora, Riku, KH characters and stages from series 1 to 3 appeared. It is held worldwide in February. Details will be announced within FFRK at a later date @ Nomura

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

gently caress yeah. Looking forward to this, even if it ends up being mostly or all repeats.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Curious is KH3 version means a whole new character or a new wardrobe record. I'd really love some new kit for my existing Riku instead of splitting it a across two characters. I think the only character they split in two/has two versions is Cecil?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I missed the first KH event so this is sweet!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Technically it could be nothing, the octopath colab also “featured” Olberic and Primrose. Don’t think they’d gently caress up again but... :psyduck:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

DeadButDelicious posted:

Curious is KH3 version means a whole new character or a new wardrobe record. I'd really love some new kit for my existing Riku instead of splitting it a across two characters. I think the only character they split in two/has two versions is Cecil?

Id put money down theyre costumes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Avalerion posted:

Technically it could be nothing, the octopath colab also “featured” Olberic and Primrose. Don’t think they’d gently caress up again but... :psyduck:

I thought I imagined that, I was wondering why I didn't see anyone from Octopath when I came back.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Blegh, pulled on the earth lucky draw since I really want some of those USB and even most of the other stuff is at least an en-element, ended up going 1/11 with Cinque's LMR, which is probably the worst possible pull I could have made on this. Not even a decent stat stick.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Yesssss! I knew it was right to horde for a kingdom hearts event

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hogama posted:

Shelke's Guise (VII-DoC) [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 random Lightning/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & DEF -40%, Physical Blink 1 to party, Technical Spark to user
Technical Spark: After using Celerity or Support abilities, chases with 4 single-target Lightning/NE physical attacks + MAG -40%

This owns. Now she can debuff and contribute to damage and chains while entrust botting.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Another KH Collab? Sweet.
We getting more KH people with this? and are Sora and Riku getting more toys to play with?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

We don't know, JP just had an announcement that the event itself is on 22th, with some info about it coming on the 5th.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

when's the next time ramza's holy chain shows up again? i threw 50 at the banner for a shot at it since the only new style chain i have is rikku's water one and ended up 1/11 ramza's legend materia (not a dupe, but still). i'm debating throwing another roll at it but i literally only have 50 mythril left to my name and since i've blitzed out all the realm dungeons i no longer have a massive supply to mine for more.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
I managed to pull Ramza chain from the FFT-banner., I already have Edward chain though. My holy team is physical so I guess Ramza-version is the way to go?
How big is the difference?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Jorgos Nuuh posted:

I managed to pull Ramza chain from the FFT-banner., I already have Edward chain though. My holy team is physical so I guess Ramza-version is the way to go?
How big is the difference?
The chain effects are the same on both: +50% damage for the field, max 150 hits. Edward's additional buff is +30% to MAG and MND while Ramza's is +50% ATK. Ramza can also contribute to the chain as he can use 5* Knight abilities.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OTOH Edward can do bard stuff to make up for the lack of a physical buff.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
Ok, thanks, seems like Ramza is the winner for me here since I have his USB and the instant cast lmr. Next stop is Hades so had to make sure of the chain effects.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

I can't remember the last time I used a bard ability in this game, outside of a record dungeon. None of them seem very noteworthy.

Jorgos Nuuh posted:

Ok, thanks, seems like Ramza is the winner for me here since I have his USB and the instant cast lmr. Next stop is Hades so had to make sure of the chain effects.

Yeah, if you have the LMR then there's no question, you want to bring Ramza.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

rujasu posted:

I can't remember the last time I used a bard ability in this game, outside of a record dungeon. None of them seem very noteworthy.

Allegro con Moto is the one we care about, it's really good on mage teams.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The stat buff ones are really good if you're below the soft cap and don't have any other buffs available.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Avalerion posted:

Allegro con Moto is the one we care about, it's really good on mage teams.

Ah, yeah, forgot about that. I'm usually running a physical team, and I have other ways of getting quick-cast, but I'll keep that one in mind.

Fister Roboto posted:

The stat buff ones are really good if you're below the soft cap and don't have any other buffs available.

Got it. I have access to enough buffs and natural ATK/MAG that I haven't had any use for those, so I didn't realize they were that strong.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

His BSB is also a boostga+imperil holy and the +MND will help your healer. So he's probably the most versatile holy chain holder. Even WoL has White 4, so he can contribute to non-physical teams better than Ramza, although I guess Ramza's Bard 3 let's him do the small faithga bard ability but that doesn't help MND focused characters.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Yeah, if you're bringing Ramza with a non-physical team, you're probably better off using him strictly for support abilities. Ramza has always been great for physical teams, not so much for mage/hybrid.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rujasu posted:

Got it. I have access to enough buffs and natural ATK/MAG that I haven't had any use for those, so I didn't realize they were that strong.

If you're given enough turns to ramp it up, the +ATK/+MAG songs are as strong as any natural boostga/faithga, capping out at 50%. The critfix song likewise ramps up to +50% with enough uses, but is a lot more useful since critfixes are a lot rarer.

The problem is getting enough turns to ramp it up.

Worst case scenario, Edward has access to proshellga alternatives and the same wrath/entrustbotting that Ramza can do.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

RNG has been very favorable to me recently on daily draws. Since the Type-0 banner, I've gotten Yang USB, Rinoa GSB, dupe Noel SSB, FFX Armor, Exdeath Runic, and today Eiko USB2. After two months of almost nothing between fests, this is great.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

when's the next time ramza's holy chain shows up again? i threw 50 at the banner for a shot at it since the only new style chain i have is rikku's water one and ended up 1/11 ramza's legend materia (not a dupe, but still). i'm debating throwing another roll at it but i literally only have 50 mythril left to my name and since i've blitzed out all the realm dungeons i no longer have a massive supply to mine for more.

any thoughts one way or another on this one?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Save for 4A IMHO, especially if you only have 50 mythril right now. I don't have a holy chain at all and I'm skipping this banner.

e: also there's a strong possibility that there will be some ASBs in the KH3 collab.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It shows up on banner 2 of the next fft event, opposite Orlandeau Awakening