Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
:psyduck: i thought it'd be, like, one of those beta test weekend things where you play the game and write up some reports if you feel like it. Not literally loving go to the office and get grinded down by the 9-5 machine. For a t-shirt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

:psyduck: i thought it'd be, like, one of those beta test weekend things where you play the game and write up some reports if you feel like it. Not literally loving go to the office and get grinded down by the 9-5 machine. For a t-shirt!

Funny part is that I bet there are enough weird bethesda zealots that this will actually happen.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Goddamn, I figure if you have to go into a goddamn office to test the game, there's no way that wouldn't count as employment, but on the other hand, TEXAS :clint:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Spun Dog posted:

Funny part is that I bet there are enough weird bethesda zealots that this will actually happen.

"Yeah, I had to do 56 hours in a week, but at the end of it, Todd Howard showed up and said we were doing a great job!"

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

lol

I can't wait for the listing where you help them beta test their toolchain by creating and placing assets. Or where you help beta test their help desk by troubleshooting Todd's laptop.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Bethesda released an Inside the Vault that detailed the new survival mode (which I guess is still in BETA?). Highlights include:

Bethesda posted:

You’re free to create new characters for Survival mode, and encouraged to do so, but you can also use your existing ones. If you do take on Survival mode with an existing character, keep in mind that all your progress from Adventure mode will travel with you, and anything that affects your character in one game mode will also affect them in the other. This means that if you fire off all your ammo, level up, complete a quest, spend Caps, or find a fancy new weapon in Survival, this will also be reflected on that character in Adventure. If you’d rather keep your existing characters as they are, we recommend starting a new one when you head into the more challenging Survival mode.

Survival mode is not for the faint of heart! All players, except your teammates or event groupmates, are automatically flagged as hostile toward one another by default. There are no “invitations” to PVP combat in Survival mode. You can attack other players without restriction from the first shot you line up, meaning every encounter you have with a stranger could turn deadly in the blink of an eye.

As this will be our first implementation of a Survival mode, we plan to experiment with different rules after Beta release, such as death mechanics. Currently, players who die in Survival mode will be unable to use the seek revenge respawn option against their aggressors and can only choose to respawn at their C.A.M.P. or Vault 76. We’re also planning to award you double the Caps when you kill another player, and they may drop their Aid or other items in addition to their Junk. Added risks and rewards like these in Survival mode PVP will make each of your deaths more devastating, and every kill you rack up much more lucrative. However, it’s important to note that these changes aren’t set in stone, and we’ll be looking to make adjustments based on playtesting and your feedback during the Survival Beta.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

luv 2 get ganked by cheaters

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have attacked people for no reason in F76, but it was for no reason. If they want to give me a special game mode, they need to give me a reason, like double xp, or double loot.

Do you guys follow my illogic?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Tei posted:

I have attacked people for no reason in F76, but it was for no reason. If they want to give me a special game mode, they need to give me a reason, like double xp, or double loot.

Do you guys follow my illogic?

oh what, is extra caps and some healing items from the people you shoot not enough?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

i flunked out posted:

oh what, is extra caps and some healing items from the people you shoot not enough?

I can't care less for caps. But I like when people get their rear end kicked, so thats enough for a visit.. but you need to add honey to a trap for it to work.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Tei posted:

I can't care less for caps. But I like when people get their rear end kicked, so thats enough for a visit.. but you need to add honey to a trap for it to work.

What if every kill earned you one atom?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

There is always more
https://www.pcgamer.com/twitter-rea...uffer_pcgamerfb

https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/1088179616358064131

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'd feel embarrassed to be caught skeletonized in this

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

And is worse.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

love to wear a leather jacket from my favorite fallout game, the worst one.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

That is some ugly rear end leather.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Arcsquad12 posted:

That is some ugly rear end leather.

They say leather now but it’s probably rayon.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I kinda like the IKEA bag jacket, it sure looks a lot better than the "leather" one

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
If you like to feel really defensive around people you don't know, have we got the jacket for you!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

That is fuckin' gross.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

LingcodKilla posted:

They say leather now but it’s probably rayon.

That would be better, because at least if it was synthetic something wouldn't have to die to make that abomination.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Also read the replies to the tweet.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

*buys a Fallout 76 leather jacket*

*2 weeks later, receives a blue garbage bag with "76" printed on it*

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The price is $276.00

You need to pay 276 $ to dress it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

https://twitter.com/davenolan17/status/1088348573991923712

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I would buy that one

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
ha ha go gently caress yourself Bethesda

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

wow this is lovely.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It's just...too blue

Also, not an actual full-body jumpsuit, what the hell

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Looking forward to some slick looking F76 BLUE JEANS from Bethesda Soft works LLC.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Even in those staged and photoshopped marketing promo pictures that leather jacket look like absolute garbage. Good lord.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Vinylshadow posted:

It's just...too blue

Also, not an actual full-body jumpsuit, what the hell

I'm picturing your average gamer in a skin tight catsuit and I'm not happy.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

And that's how marketing destroyed video games.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Even in those staged and photoshopped marketing promo pictures that leather jacket look like absolute garbage. Good lord.

I've seen 1980s pleather vinyl sofas with better material than that jacket.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
bethesda executive boardroom 2 years ago:

:v: Okay Fallout 3 and 4 were huge financial successes, how do we utilize and expand the fallout brand
:shobon: Uh well as you know we want to create a new videogame called fallout 76 an--
:v: Yesyes fine but i want fallout to reach the cool people and not only the nerds
:shobon: Well sir i dont think those terms are even used anymore, gaming became much more promin--
:v: I'm thinking jackets. leather ones. and hoodies. ah and rum! i love rum!
:shobon: Sir we still need to make the game
:v: Shut up, take these rolls of nickels and go make your game, tell John from marketing to get in here

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
I have no doubt that a $276 leather jacket will be of the highest quality.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

quote:

Comes packaged inside a Fallout 76 garment bag

:thunk:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"Crap, how are we gonna get rid of all these nylon canvas bags?"
"JACKETS."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

https://fallout.bethesda.net/article/1PnLPLl6a8D6gPNWvSVA0Q/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-january-24-2019

People are pissed that you are able to bring over existing characters into their new "Survival" mode. I doubt anyone is going to be making new characters and be going into that mode at all.