Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dias posted:

Simplify Fire Emblem by setting fire to the franchise and just telling people to go play dating sims

imho

Fire emblem owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Andrast posted:

Yeah but those generally aren't the main characters.

The main(?) lady in Three Houses seems to be an axe user though so there's hope

Ephraim, Hector

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Ephraim, Hector

That's why I said generally. Also those are old definitely not getting in smash, unless they get a Shadows of Valentia type treatment.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
the only good fire emblem was tokyo mirage sessions #the13000

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Fire emblem? That gambling game?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

gently caress Fire eblem, I'll get my Tactical RPG fix by playing Super Robot wars. It's in english now and has cool robots and fun crossovers with different mecha series' :colbert:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

woolie do the earthbound lp

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Ephraim, Hector

It's a travesty we haven't gotten Hector, he's the best.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Add in Nowi you cowards.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I don’t think we’d ever get Ephraim because that would remind people that Sacred Stones is the only game in the franchise other than gaiden that isn’t part of a duology.

Especially given that there was a setup for a sequel that was never resolved.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

LeafyOrb posted:

I don’t think we’d ever get Ephraim because that would remind people that Sacred Stones is the only game in the franchise other than gaiden that isn’t part of a duology.

Especially given that there was a setup for a sequel that was never resolved.

eirika/ephraim probably have more alts than any other franchise outside of fates and awakening. And FEH is run by IS staff.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Put the cool little bug from Hollow Knight in Smash :3:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I haven't listened to a full ep but all the clips I've listened to of castle super beast that Woolie has been publishing have had so much energy behind them. I really dig it. What do you guys think of the new podcast?

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

beep by grandpa posted:

I haven't listened to a full ep but all the clips I've listened to of castle super beast that Woolie has been publishing have had so much energy behind them. I really dig it. What do you guys think of the new podcast?

its a great podcast.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

beep by grandpa posted:

Basically the same as it used to be but with no Matt and a few more plugs for their channels

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Improbable Lobster posted:

Basically the same as it used to be but with no Matt

So frankly the same it's ever been.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
A man denied his Red-Bull sponsorship.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Woolie is goddamn great. Red Bull was hilarious too calling out Pat.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Stone goddamn cold

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
In 10 years Woolie will be doing redbull sponsored extreme sports stunts, Matt will be CEO of Capcom and Pat will be 7 feet tall

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

In 10 years Woolie will be doing redbull sponsored extreme sports stunts, Matt will be CEO of Capcom and Pat will be 7 feet tall

If by 7 feet you mean 0.7 feet, sure

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

In 10 years Woolie will be doing redbull sponsored extreme sports stunts, Matt will be CEO of Capcom and Pat will be a 7 foot tall immortal toilet-human hybrid.
Adjusted for accuracy.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Judge Tesla posted:

Add in Nowi you cowards.

FBI would like to know your location.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh, hey, I think Pat might've gotten an early code for RE2
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/1088552819932696576

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh, hey, I think Pat might've gotten an early code for RE2

This is a weird spot to be in, like I want to watch that, but spoilers for new poo poo? I've played the original like...over a dozen times, I dunno, so it's not like that's a big thing probably, but also the angry half-man got me to buy AC7 and I was gonna play more of that tonight (side-note: I really hate how similar the nations' names are in that, I'm not even 100% on who I'm fighting for yet).

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Brightman posted:

This is a weird spot to be in, like I want to watch that, but spoilers for new poo poo? I've played the original like...over a dozen times, I dunno, so it's not like that's a big thing probably, but also the angry half-man got me to buy AC7 and I was gonna play more of that tonight (side-note: I really hate how similar the nations' names are in that, I'm not even 100% on who I'm fighting for yet).

Thought you meant AC: Odyssey for a second, how hard could "Athens" and "Sparta" be?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Brightman posted:

Krazyface posted:

Thought you meant AC: Odyssey for a second, how hard could "Athens" and "Sparta" be?

I'm brain farting. If AC7 isn't Assassin's Creed, what is it?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Vandar posted:

Ace Combat 7, the one with the Jpeg dog

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Watching the beginning of Pat's RE2 stream made me realize that Capcom only gave early access to him because they knew that by the time he stops reading donations the game will already be unlocked for everyone

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Big Scary Owl posted:

Watching the beginning of Pat's RE2 stream made me realize that Capcom only gave early access to him because they knew that by the time he stops reading donations the game will already be unlocked for everyone
Nah he done.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Tupperwarez posted:

"In 10 years Woolie will be doing redbull sponsored extreme sports stunts, Matt will be CEO of Capcom and Pat will be a 7 foot tall immortal toilet-human hybrid."
Adjusted for accuracy.

This just reminds me of some comment, image, or whatever at some point that the police were going to break into Castle Superbeast (locked from the inside) and just find the bloody, mutilated corpses of Matt and Woolie, and Pat would be nowhere in sight... just a toilet in the middle of the room with a sign that says: "I HAVE ASCENDED."

edit All the comments about "What is AC7" just reminds me of how I've always been confused by their need to abbreviate some game names no matter what. We have all the Devil May Cry games... then we have the DMC disappointment. Yet they'll refer to the first game as "DMC" and the rest of "DMC#." When talking out loud, I kind of don't see the point of abbreviating poo poo.

MaxDuo fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 25, 2019

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

well the disappointment is DmC Devil may Cry

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

did they talk about broly on castle superbeast yet

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Stairmaster posted:

did they talk about broly on castle superbeast yet

No, and I hope they don't because Pat will find some dumbass reason to hate it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Neo_Crimson posted:

No, and I hope they don't because Pat will find some dumbass reason to hate it.

Lol dat salt

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Pat hating things for weird reasons is so essential to his personality it's like hating the wind for blowing

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Vandar posted:

I think if we went by Assassin's Creed then 7 would be Origins but it's hard to say what counts as a full release, like I wanna say Rogue doesn't but maybe, so it could be Syndicate, unless that also doesn't count and then sure, Odyssey would be 7. I didn't play any of them between 4 and Origins so I dunno, they could make the next one AssCreed5 and act like the last 6 years were side stories.

Big Scary Owl posted:

He did good and pretty much started playing at 8 like he scheduled, I don't often catch his streams live, at least not at the start, so no idea if that's common for him or not, doesn't seem like it is based on the archives. I ended up watching up to the point the demo ends and decided to nope out and play Ace Combat 7 until it unlocked, but I hit a mission where I kept getting shot down so I watched Pat's stream of that mission, and a few others to see his reaction to some things, and learned from him that all you really have to do is re-position yourself so the missile is approaching your side and it'll miss. I had been doing a bunch of loops and barrel roll combinations before which worked like 80% of the time and it wasn't enough. Like maybe if I had 15 flares that approach would work, but after watching Pat and learning that I didn't have to use any flares.

Also I checked back in on his RE2 stream when I was done playing and holy poo poo is he going save crazy, he's going to get like a D ranking or whatever on saves alone. Like he's at 50+ around the bit with the chess plugs, I can't imagine saving that much for the whole game. I think I was at 8 at the point he was at like 20 something.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 25, 2019

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

I don't think saving has any bearing on the ranking. I saved like 52 times because I obsessively save and ended up using a bunch of first aid sprays in the final battle and ended up with a B ranking. I think time is the only factor.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

0 rows returned posted:

I don't think saving has any bearing on the ranking. I saved like 52 times because I obsessively save and ended up using a bunch of first aid sprays in the final battle and ended up with a B ranking. I think time is the only factor.

It used to be a factor, first aid sprays to, so I guess that's one of the many, many changes. Good to know. I think saves might be on Hardcore now or you're limited anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Please buy RE2Make, they got rid of the spiders and replaced them with something else which is arguably more creative and fitting, and you absolutely should support such business practices.