Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Welp
gently caress the Pats
gently caress the Rams?
gently caress the Refs
gently caress
View Results

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

They've been a miracle play last year from the NFC championship and a blown call this year from the Superbowl.

God bless them for it.

No wait...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think the actual answer is when you have a HoF caliber great QB, you're GM'ing on easy mode and we should all laugh at the Packers.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

I think the actual answer is when you have a HoF caliber great QB, you're GM'ing on easy mode and we should all laugh at the Packers.

At the end of the day, they have the same amount of SB's tho? :shrug:

Except one cheated to get there...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

weird Asian candy posted:

At the end of the day, they have the same amount of SB's tho? :shrug:

Except one cheated to get there...

Lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The interesting one is trading a 3rd for 1 year of QB insurance. Bridgewater is a UFA now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

The interesting one is trading a 3rd for 1 year of QB insurance. Bridgewater is a UFA now.

I'd forgotten about the Bridgewater trade. I wonder if the Jets could have gotten more out of, like, Jacksonville or someone if they'd held on to him into the season.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I'd forgotten about the Bridgewater trade. I wonder if the Jets could have gotten more out of, like, Jacksonville or someone if they'd held on to him into the season.
Entirely possible but there were reports that Jacksonville rejected a proposed Bridgewater for Fowler deal. In the end both ended up going for 3rd rounders.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1088508073197686784

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

This is ridiculous.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Remember in 2017 when Chiefs posters were posting training camp gifs of Mahomes throws and everyone was like there’s nothing special here ..I remember

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in 2017 everyone combined to become a single person who quietly whispered "it's training camp" and "it's preseason" while still admiring the throws and those were the best days of my life

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Remember in 2017 when Chiefs posters were posting training camp gifs of Mahomes throws and everyone was like there’s nothing special here ..I remember

There wasnt since they were all preseason or a meaningless week 17 game gifs.

Now they're special

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mahomes is like when you take a character in madden and buff them to 99 in everything and put them on a poo poo team.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Tbf I've been watching the morally repugnant Ben Roethlisberger do this for 15 years

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

thats not true, he doesnt have a 400 lb ravens lineman on him while hes throwing the heartbreaking first down

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

thats not true, he doesnt have a 400 lb ravens lineman on him while hes throwing the heartbreaking first down

Point

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
I know old TFF chat kind of ran down a couple pages ago, but whatever happened to Rap or whatever one of his other half dozen names were?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Not bad, though it's predominately salty in its flavor profile.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Kamara had another career season though?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Kamara had another career season though?

Gottem!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Saints fans making the 2005 Seahawks fans look like good sports

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
To be fair, they actually have something to complain about.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I can't recall a saltier fallout in Sports (outside of the Olympics). Is this the saltiest a fan base has ever been: Billboards, lawsuits, refusing to air the Super Bowl?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
edit nm I see

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 25, 2019

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Canucks fans were pretty salty after losing the 2011 Stanley Cup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3n_ifSoCtg

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Drunk Nerds posted:

I can't recall a saltier fallout in Sports (outside of the Olympics). Is this the saltiest a fan base has ever been: Billboards, lawsuits, refusing to air the Super Bowl?

They haven’t murdered any historically meaningful trees yet, so no.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Drunk Nerds posted:

Canucks fans were pretty salty after losing the 2011 Stanley Cup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3n_ifSoCtg

Hockey fans have legendary salt. Montreal fans rioted in response to their star player getting suspended for a brutal on-ice attack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Riot

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Soccer has seen some crazy poo poo. Didn’t a ref get murdered by Pablo Escobar because he blew a call in the World Cup? Or did he murder the dude who scored an own goal? Either way there’s been plenty of murder.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the canadians got all hosed up on hockey

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Soccer has seen some crazy poo poo. Didn’t a ref get murdered by Pablo Escobar because he blew a call in the World Cup? Or did he murder the dude who scored an own goal? Either way there’s been plenty of murder.

The star player, Andres Escobar, got murdered for the own goal.

Edit: Pablo Escobar was already dead before Andres scored the own goal so he didn't order the hit. There was a cool 30 for 30 about it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I think there was an incident where the crowd stormed a soccer field and literally decapitated a ref.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think there was an incident where the crowd stormed a soccer field and literally decapitated a ref.

Worse, they dismembered him.

Edit: Looked it back up again and wow I forgot how much crazier that incident was. The ref threw a red card and got confronted by the player and the ref stabbed him. The player died on the way to the hospital and when the news reached the friends and family at the game they stormed the field to get the ref.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 25, 2019

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
El Salvador and Honduras started a war over soccer, soooooo

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Congratulations Saints fans! After a long and arduous battle, you have managed to dethrone Seahawks fans to become the most repulsive fan base in the NFL! Your resolute indignation that your team is the first to ever be hosed over from a bad ref call is truly beyond the pale and thus propelled you past the legion of fake 12 booms.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Asproigerosis posted:

Congratulations Saints fans! After a long and arduous battle, you have managed to dethrone Seahawks fans to become the most repulsive fan base in the NFL! Your resolute indignation that your team is the first to ever be hosed over from a bad ref call is truly beyond the pale and thus propelled you past the legion of fake 12 booms.

Is this an official award? Is there a banner we can hang in place of the one we were gonna hang for the Super Bowl win we were robbed of?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Asproigerosis posted:

print the shirts

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Would like to know more about that tree.

The acts from individuals don't impress me much, there's always a fanatic in every group of fans. New Orleans fans have collectively decided to melt down and behave poorly.

Here's a picture of a good fanbase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3LVgeOTjqg

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 25, 2019

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

Would like to know more about that tree.

Believe he’s talking about the Auburn tree that the Alabama guy killed.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Also, there’s also a lot of fans who aren’t melting down, they’re just depressed as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I'm still p. mad about it.