Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

i think the Venezuelan government should be allowed to Assad the place because if we intervene poor Russia's feelings might get hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

fishmech posted:

The hell you get that out of?

I'm starting to get the sense that people are just mouthing words they've heard other posters use.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Norton the First posted:

I'm starting to get the sense that people are just mouthing words they've heard other posters use.

I haven't seen this many sock-puppets since Kindergarten.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

fnox posted:

I think the leftists need to understand that leaving the poor to die, and an accelerated kleptocracy is what PSUV is. You can probably find the numbers, I don't think I have to post them again, Maduro's regime has massively increased the poverty rate, to a scale that is unprecedented, it eclipses the worst excesses of Carlos Andres Perez's second presidency. Maduro has consistently picked the worst option when deciding economic policy, to the point where we would be doing better if we made economic decisions via coinflip.

Just putting rules back into the economy and having it not be a complete act of improvisation is enough to curb poverty rates. With just a few measures we can end hyperinflation and start steering things back to reality, it just needs to be done by someone.

I sure am glad to see you over here. Come on over to the C-SPAM venezuela thread and we'll have a productive discussion.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
CIA chief hints agency is working to change Venezuelan government

No sign of CIA involvement at all unless you count *checks notes* the director of the CIA himself

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Socks4Hands posted:

I sure am glad to see you over here. Come on over to the C-SPAM venezuela thread and we'll have a productive discussion.

Don't actually do this.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

No sign of CIA involvement at all unless you count *checks notes* the director of the CIA himself

Thanks for the year old article. If you jump to the appropriate time in the thread you’ll see we had discussed it already

Americans’ will is so strong that the most basic, milquetoast “gee, what a shame” is a nefarious declaration of war. Remind me how you’re not a jingoist again?

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

From “Venezuelan Obama West-Wing’s the presidency” to the director of the CIA publicly admitting it was a US planned coup attempt in a little over a day.

This was a wild ride guys, hope we all learned a bit about how American foreign policy works.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
that article is from july 2017

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

kumba posted:

that article is from july 2017

and what a day its been

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Why does it always have to be a CIA-back coup? Like why can't it be like the Belgians or something?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Here's some good stuff from wikileaks' stratfor archives:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ah so we were working to destabilize the government even then.

I don't think the Venezuelan government is great but it's hard for me to think of a time that US intervention has been a good thing.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

OneMoreTime posted:

Why does it always have to be a CIA-back coup? Like why can't it be like the Belgians or something?
It's a TSA backed coup.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
I assume that the posters in this thread who are against US intervention are equally opposed to Russian or Chinese intervention to prop up Maduro, since intervening in another country's affairs is always immoral, right?

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Mike Pompeo, 20 July 2017 posted:

So I want to be careful with what I say but suffice to say, we are very hopeful that there can be a transition in Venezuela and we the CIA is doing its best to understand the dynamic there, so that we can communicate to our State Department and to others.

Holy poo poo guys, they're understanding the dynamic. What can we do to support Maduro against this threat?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

OneMoreTime posted:

I think everyone'd prefer to keep all their limbs.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"Hahaha how silly of you to be extremely wary of a country and an agency that have spent the last 70 years destabilizing every corner of the globe hahaha"

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gnumonic posted:

I assume that the posters in this thread who are against US intervention are equally opposed to Russian or Chinese intervention to prop up Maduro, since intervening in another country's affairs is always immoral, right?

Not if they asked for assistance. And that's some quality whataboutism

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Here's some good stuff from wikileaks' stratfor archives:

Why is the first message dated 1970?

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

it's not whatboutism. this is the venuzuela thread, about venezuela, and you're here to talk about venezuela. it's absolutely fair to ask you your opinion about foreign intervention from Russia and China, which are both definitely actually happening.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Squalid posted:

Why is the first message dated 1970?

1-1-1970 is the start of the unix epoch, so I assume its probably a technical glitch

Utgardaloki posted:

it's not whatboutism. this is the venuzuela thread, about venezuela, and you're here to talk about venezuela. it's absolutely fair to ask you your opinion about foreign intervention from Russia and China, which are both definitely actually happening.

I don't see how Maduro asking Russia and China for economic assistance is in any way the same as the clandestine poo poo the US has been pulling for the past 20 years.

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

So the only difference here is whether or not you think the 2018 election was legit (lol). Once you accept that it wasn't, there's absolutely nothing objectionable about anything the US is doing, right?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/LaurenPastrana/status/1088569944160256011

i wonder if they had to draw straws

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gnumonic posted:

Yes. Intervening to prop up Maduro is bad. However intervening to install full communism is good,because not intervention isn't bad.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Can you link the source please, i'd like to see the rest of the text.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

1-1-1970 is the start of the unix epoch, so I assume its probably a technical glitch

I don't see how Maduro asking Russia and China for economic assistance is in any way the same as the clandestine poo poo the US has been pulling for the past 20 years.

Maduro is putting Venezuelan land up as collateral while he gets loans (he will never repay) to keep the government going. China and russia are acting as loan sharks and get to own prime Venezuelan land when the government inevitably defaults, its just as bad as the clandestine poo poo.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

"They" the people voted for the opposition. "They" the military dictatorship are happy to sell out their country's interests to China so they can stash away money in overseas bank accounts though, sure.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Norton the First posted:

So the only difference here is whether or not you think the 2018 election was legit (lol). Once you accept that it wasn't, there's absolutely nothing objectionable about anything the US is doing, right?

Whether or not an election is legitimate comes entirely down to which side you're on. China has fair, and regularly held elections with no voter suppression, and yet where is the praise for the respect of the democratic process from the west?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Whether or not an election is legitimate comes entirely down to which side you're on. China has fair, and regularly held elections with no voter suppression, and yet where is the praise for the respect of the democratic process from the west?

Oh word? I guess all Venezuela really needs is democracy with Chinese characteristics.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 25, 2019

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Socks4Hands posted:

Holy poo poo whitesplain harder.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

So when was xi or the other major party members elected by the people of china?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Really leaning into that redtext, aintcha capslock

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Socks4Hands posted:

The c-spam thread is even worse with tankies :barf:.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
caps lock broken: of course maduro's election is real, fair, and genuine
caps lock broken: let us compare it, for instance, to an equivalently democratic institution, ...
china: say china
caps lock broken: china!
caps lock broken: am i nailing this
china: surely

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
China's actually a pretty good comparison because their national election process is explicitly curated such that only candidates of which the Chinese Communist Party approves can run.

Pharohman777 posted:

So when was xi or the other major party members elected by the people of china?

2013 and 2018, by the National People's Congress, which is (to oversimplify the multi-tiered representative system) elected by representatives selected from local lists, lists that the CCP controls.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Holy poo poo whitesplain harder.

huh my first post in this thread or the c-spam one and this is ground zero? do you need me to take a picture with a paper bag?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Apparently a lot of posters have started their own Venezuela thread in CSPAM where they can circle jerk about their support for the PSUV.