Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I dunno I hate seeing her in games though. Her ult is stupid good. Although I’ve spammed Lux support the past couple weeks and Lux has amazing range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Ha. The Nu-nu is kinda fun to play!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Does anyone beat karthus 1v1 at lvl 1, assuming I can hit Qs?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Erdricks posted:

Riven, Fiora probably, as their damage spells also allow them to dodge Qs

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Erdricks posted:

pretty sure an equally skilled aatrox shits on karthus level 1. his passive is insanely good

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pog boyfriend posted:

that lane sucks rear end for pantheon so beg your jungler for help or try to convince your team support pantheon isnt that bad and dont you want to go top lane for once support guy?

What lane does he go in if not top?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I think a lot of melee champs would be tough to beat if they ran hail of blades (Xin, Darius, Jax etc).

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

What lane does he go in if not top?

support

E: i have also seen mid historically but have not seen it recently, so take it with a grain of salt. jungle is also good

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ulio posted:

I was wondering why few people play her. She is like more fun, versatile version of Lux with a better ult and a useful passive.

Just the meta at the moment, probably. Most mages have a hard time in a meta without many tanks, and Neeko has an especially big problem with this, given how hard she has to jam her face into the enemy team with her R for it to do anything. She's also outclassed as a damage support by Brand/Zyra. I don't think she's unplayable, but she's not especially optimal.

Seri
Sep 29, 2013
Camille and Jhin are a couple of my favorite champs in the game, I loved their bit in the cinematic.

And when Jhin just bowed as Camille was going towards him... ugh so AWESOME.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Seri posted:

Camille and Jhin are a couple of my favorite champs in the game, I loved their bit in the cinematic.

And when Jhin just bowed as Camille was going towards him... ugh so AWESOME.

you like it when your friends kill each other? you sick gently caress

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

They removed nexus blitz wtf am I supposed to do now, I guess learn 3s or some poo poo

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Syrinxx posted:

They removed nexus blitz wtf am I supposed to do now, I guess learn 3s or some poo poo

3s is a criminally underrated game mode, one goon in this thread is a master and can tell you a lot more than i can

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

Just the meta at the moment, probably. Most mages have a hard time in a meta without many tanks, and Neeko has an especially big problem with this, given how hard she has to jam her face into the enemy team with her R for it to do anything. She's also outclassed as a damage support by Brand/Zyra. I don't think she's unplayable, but she's not especially optimal.

Ya I don't play her as a support and her q is 0.5 ap ratio on 7 sec base cooldown and an ult with 1.3 ap ratio her scaling is insane. You basically can avoid the lane after you get a mana item and just q push look for plays with jungler or roam. Her 1vs1 isn't good unless u have ult and in some matchups u might start up need exhaust.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm genuinely sad that Nexus Blitz isn't permanent. Over and above it being really fun, it was an excellent way to practice mechanics and test item builds in a low-pressure environment that didn't take ages to end. I was able to crank out 55 Kai'sa games and start feeling more confident in playing her much faster than I would've in regular ranked or normals.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Erdricks posted:

hail of blades xin

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Vermain posted:

I'm genuinely sad that Nexus Blitz isn't permanent. Over and above it being really fun, it was an excellent way to practice mechanics and test item builds in a low-pressure environment that didn't take ages to end. I was able to crank out 55 Kai'sa games and start feeling more confident in playing her much faster than I would've in regular ranked or normals.

My only problem is with Nexus Blitz was that it made two categories of characters stronger and as a result omnipresent. Talking of course about the Ninjas (Yasuo, Akali, Zed) and the Shitheads (Shaco, Teemo). Invisibility was also generally to strong.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Getting to go first in the 2v2s as Teemo, putting down shrooms and getting 4 kills overall is as fun as a shroom penta.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Catapult was genuinely too strong (especially as a first reward), Paranoia Royale draw distance was too short and made it extremely unfun, and there were some weird bugs (like getting loaded into URF-mode with 0AP) but overall it was a blast to play and I hope they iron out the bugs and maybe introduce a couple more event rewards.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Blitzcrank thing probably needs tweaking too, because hilarious as it is it basically made fighting in lane impossible. Though there were moments like in the latest Wood League Adventures where it accidentally worked as an escape.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
did the new season start yet?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

did the new season start yet?

Tomorrow, I think.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Miftan posted:

Tomorrow, I think.

It is tomorrow yeah, 5am GMT (midnight EST, 9pm today PST) according to a tweet I saw yesterday.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s not a ten game placement this season right?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s not a ten game placement this season right?

You still play ten games, but it works differently than previous seasons. After you first game, win or loss, you'll gain a "provisional" rank that only you can see. It'll be lower than whatever your maximum rank was in the previous season, as per usual, but it also defines the absolute lowest starting position you can have after your placement games. Over your next 9 games, your LP gains are accelerated, you skip promotion series, and you're shielded from losing LP or demoting in any way. Basically, unless you're super unlucky and incredibly bad at the game, you'll always place higher than whatever your provisional rank is.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah you don't lose LP during your first 10 games, though I don't know if that happens for each position so you won't lose LP for your first 10 autofilled support games.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

I didn't play this last month. Did I miss the year in review thingie?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

uguu posted:

I didn't play this last month. Did I miss the year in review thingie?

Yep. I don't know if there's a way to see it through the website still.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

It's there.
8.3% winrate as aatrox, spicy.
Too bad it counts pentas against bots, takes away the shine from my one and only Ornn penta.

edit: hextech chests reset tomorrrow right?

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Our Nasus had over 1000 stacks at 20 minutes in aram.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

uguu posted:

Our Nasus had over 1000 stacks at 20 minutes in aram.

Not going AP nasus in aram is shameful

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Miftan posted:

Not going AP nasus in aram is shameful

Playing ARAM is shameful so go balls deep

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

AP nasus falls off really hard in aram later on, so the most well rounded build is to start with a lost chapter and max E, but then go sheen into tank and try to get as many stacks as you can when you're allowed to approach the wave.

EDIT: unless your whole team has a huge poke advantage and you can just lean into the poke comp build and win before 20 min

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Man they really hit Irelia with some :byewhore: this patch. Sylas seems to be coming out quickly too, haven't really heard a lot about him while he was on PBE.

Some very major "It's about loving time" nerfs to Urgot/Aatroxx too, so toplane may be less awful. The Jax nerf seems like a love tap.

I'm conflicted on the Neeko changes. Longer stealth + faster ulti feels really good, losing the slow though... But really I treat Neeko ult like a big AOE Tibbers. You are almost never gonna get the setup you want without flash, and you need to be burning that flash offensively pretty much on CD. If it's down, then just guard your backline with it or use it for picks/cleanup. Defensive Neeko ult just ruins divers like Akali and Irelia who are (were) very popular right now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Nerfs to Urgot, Aatrox, and Irelia, and buffs to Yorick?

Right before start of ranked season?

Aww, Riot, you shouldn't have. :getin:

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Trip report from first placement in Season 9: had a disco nunu who inted level one (who was mad because he lost to the Pantheon the previous game?), then ran down bot lane repeatedly to consume every cannon and then die to the enemy lane. The panth then inted into top tower to "show nunu what it felt like" and then denied surrender votes to "force Nunu to stay in the game".

Dear god. The saddest part imo was that we actually got first blood bot while nunu was on his way to lane, and I only missed one non-consumed cs prior to ~5 or 6 minutes when he started body blocking me off the minion wave...

At least it was just my adc placements, I guess...

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
How long does it take for the placement trolls to shake out?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

In a new season? Like a couple weeks bare minimum.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The 2019 Champion Roadmap is out. Sounds like Kayle and Morgana's dual update will be coming first, with Kayle getting a full VGU and Morgana getting minor gameplay changes and a GU. There's a new enchanter support coming after them, with some kind of "attachment" mechanic (probably something similar to Wisp from DotA), and then good ol' Mordekaiser finally losing his pizza feet and getting actual gameplay after. Really glad to see Morg finally getting updated, especially, as I've always had a hard time playing her solely due to how old and awful her model is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I always had trouble dealing with how her ultimate works and how squishy she is. That’s just kit stuff though, she must be one of the OGs still left with their old kits at this point huh? Morg, Fiddles, Teemo kinda, Annie Kinda.