Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Regy Rusty posted:

Are we gonna have to wait till next season to find out who the other two are???

Looks like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

There's still five more minutes, maybe the whole premise will change and Chidi will get to stay Chidi. :smith:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm thinking so.

I want to know how Simone died, though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

There's enough time to reveal one of them and then end the ep with whoever's sent to mess with Elenor.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

I feel like the next reveal is going to be a twist and derail this whole memory wipe thing

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't think I can take a whole summer of this thread speculating on who the last two are gonna be lmao

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Regy Rusty posted:

Seems like it. Maybe this new status quo will hold a few episodes longer then normal next season.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Xelkelvos posted:

There's enough time to reveal one of them and then end the ep with whoever's sent to mess with Elenor.

It'll be, like, her mom.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Guy A. Person posted:

I feel like the next reveal is going to be a twist and derail this whole memory wipe thing

It would be a little cheesy for them to go through the whole "Chidi doesn't remember anything" when that was a big part of his character arc this season.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't think I can take a whole summer of this thread speculating on who the last two are gonna be lmao

In the most shocking twist yet, it will turn out to be Every Poster In This Thread, because Eleanor was Regy Rusty the whole time!!!!

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.

Xelkelvos posted:

Stone Cold Steve Austin. Obviously.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Arist posted:

In the most shocking twist yet, it will turn out to be Every Poster In This Thread, because Eleanor was Regy Rusty the whole time!!!!

no... no!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

We're going to end on "Chidi, come on in", aren't we?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Teddybear posted:

We're going to end on "Chidi, come on in", aren't we?

yep!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
“I’m one out of three of those things”

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Oh my god all the Paradise Lost nerds were RIGHT noooo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

pwn posted:

Oh my god all the Paradise Lost nerds were RIGHT noooo

Wait was there doubt?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Regy Rusty posted:

Didn't the judge nix the next two being people the Soul Squad knew?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

This show is so loving good and it kills me that we gotta wait like eight months for the next season. :smith:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Well poo poo

Regy Rusty posted:

This person is correct

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Show good. Now I'm sad and happy

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So who's gonna be sent to mess with Jason? Pillboi or Donkey Doug?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Could they have had Chidi tape a message to himself that lets him in on the plan and who his friends are?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Didn't the judge nix the next two being people the Soul Squad knew?

She did not, she let them modify their memories though if it would interfere with the experiment, and gave them extra time before the next two get brought in.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Harrow posted:

So who's gonna be sent to mess with Jason? Pillboi or Donkey Doug?

Who's that entertainer Jason impersonated way back? That guy. Alternatively, a player for the Jaguars or Titans

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Wait was there doubt?

People thought the reference wouldn't fly on network TV since it's not as mainstream as Kant and Hume

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Chidi solved the trolley problem.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gotta say, I was disappointed in that ep. We just did the "Eleanor loves Chidi, but can't tell him" arc. It better be resolved in the season premiere.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Notably, this is the first time we're going into the next season without everyone's minds getting wiped. Just, y'know, Chidi's :smith:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Of course poo poo will be resolved ASAP. It always does. Plus it’s not like michael can’t give him back his memories at some point.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Your Taint posted:

Could they have had Chidi tape a message to himself that lets him in on the plan and who his friends are?

Uh, they could just show Chidi his memories if they really wanted to.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Now, Chidi doesn't remember the time knife.

:negative:

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Michael Schur make the seasons.

At this point I'm along for the ride instead for speculating on the future.

The finale's Eleanor/Chidi screening was one of the more bittersweet things I've seen in recent years.Simone's actress was a wonderful addition to the show, and Michael McKean as Doug was great casting. D'Arcy Carden was a under-utilized in the first season, but got to flex a bit in season 2 and was brilliant in this season.

My biggest misgiving is with Jason. Manny Jacinto delivered some of the funniest lines of the season perfectly, but the writing for his character hasn't really gone anywhere. His inherent obliviousness seems to have restricted the character from getting much depth compared to the rest of the cast. The rest of the characters have gotten to let their guard down one time or another, but Jason doesn't really have that guard to drop. I just don't want him to get stale, cause he's so loving funny.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Hi, I just binged the poo poo out of this show and it's amazing. I about lost it at the "Slavery, Limp Bizkit." "Solid rebuttal..." line.

Also please let Elanore just be happy, sad Elanore is devastating :smith:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Ted Danson was on the Orville this week.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Maxwell Lord posted:

“I’m one out of three of those things”

Janet consistently correcting people calling her a girl is my favorite running gag on the show.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Partway through the season, I was thinking the show was going downhill, but I'm all aboard again; the last few episodes (and particularly the finale) have been on point. Some of the Chidi/Eleanor scenes in this episode were the most impressed I've been by sad romance onscreen in years, and earlier in the season I'd thought that plotline was weak and dragging the show down. Really looking forward to season four in the fall. Awesome show! :)

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
I was really hoping this season that Simone wouldn't die and show up, it paints a very sad picture for anyone on Earth or the dot in the i who knew her, or especially both of them. Serious boyfriend breaks it off and disappears with no warning, dies in a mystery accident in canada, then she dies later. Aw, and they had all reconciled with family, too, I hadn't thought about the effect that had on those survivors

Happy offseason everyone!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

tin can made man posted:

I was really hoping this season that Simone wouldn't die and show up, it paints a very sad picture for anyone on Earth or the dot in the i who knew her, or especially both of them. Serious boyfriend breaks it off and disappears with no warning, dies in a mystery accident in canada, then she dies later. Aw, and they had all reconciled with family, too, I hadn't thought about the effect that had on those survivors

Happy offseason everyone!

obviously what happened is the demons used the secret door they made to get to earth and killed whomever they needed

'whom' is correct grammatically, yeah?

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
The episode was a little underwhelming for me, I'd led myself to expect something bigger from the title perhaps.

I kind of hope the Bad Place got Simone killed somehow since an accident feels cheap plot-wise and depressing in general, though I am also glad that she will be back on the show. Whereas that other guy? I know it's the point but he better not hang around long.