Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Speaking of Peggy's Spanish, I just remembered her trying to speak Spanish to a bunch of Cajuns (thinking it's mutually intelligible because of its similarity to French) when they go New Orleans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
My favorite Peggy moment is when the bully tells Bobby "you're dead" and she makes him say it in Spanish

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
tu estas muerto

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

There's something like that multiple times in most episodes, those writers were loving geniuses.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

corn in the bible posted:

My favorite Peggy moment is when the bully tells Bobby "you're dead" and she makes him say it in Spanish

Mine is when the judge in Mexico finds her not guilty of kidnapping Lupe and she yells out "Oh my god, I'm going to jail!!"

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I generally like the deleted scenes that got re-added in the Adult Swim/DVD releases, but man does the extended version of that episode ruin that joke. It's much better when it goes to credits right after she says that.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Marin Karin posted:

I generally like the deleted scenes that got re-added in the Adult Swim/DVD releases, but man does the extended version of that episode ruin that joke. It's much better when it goes to credits right after she says that.

I *KNEW* I wasn't crazy! I rewatched that episode recently and that whole extra scene was totally unfamiliar.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

mojo1701a posted:

Speaking of Peggy's Spanish, I just remembered her trying to speak Spanish to a bunch of Cajuns (thinking it's mutually intelligible because of its similarity to French) when they go New Orleans.

I like how the Cajun dudes do the Beavis and Butthead laugh

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

snack eater posted:

I like how the Cajun dudes do the Beavis and Butthead laugh

That episode is just perfect, I'll put it up against any Simpsons classic.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm watching the open water movie someone said was like their predicament and AHHHHH oh my God it's so creepy!!

e: I've seen way shitter movies than that make it to theatre.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 19, 2019

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

corn in the bible posted:

I've had Dooley saying "tu eres puerca" stuck in my head forever

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

That Took Courage

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

^ I love Blue Flowers so much

My favorite Peggy moment is when the guy who plays Senor Martinez finally understands Peggy's issue and laughs, gently, right in her face.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'm watching the open water movie someone said was like their predicament and AHHHHH oh my God it's so creepy!!

I can never hear about that movie without thinking about Ralphie May

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

That Took Courage

Joseph Likes To Watch

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Joe the Strummer posted:

Joseph Likes To Watch

You've got ants

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Moridin920 posted:

tu estas muerto

Tu eres puerca.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
hank is disappointed that violent video games haven't made bobby violent

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
"You ever been to the dog races, Bobby?"
"Not one as organized as this. Do they still let the monkeys ride the dogs around the track?"
"No, not since the '40s. Nothing like seeing a monkey whip a dog down the backstretch."

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

SilvergunSuperman posted:

:tipshat:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

He's already got the black vote: Earl. And the gay vote: Earl.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

there’s only one man i’d risk my life for and he’s at home making my dinner.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Bobby is smart enough to figure out he couldn't be Hank's son during the course of one episode but Joseph never figures things out the entire series.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

No way. Bobby IS Cotton. He is just never going to kill fiddy men.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

But if Bobbie is Cotton, then he's a time traveler and Bobbie becomes Cotton and will kill fiddy men.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Bobby is smart enough to figure out he couldn't be Hank's son during the course of one episode but Joseph never figures things out the entire series.

Which episode would that be?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

pixaal posted:

But if Bobbie is Cotton, then he's a time traveler and Bobbie becomes Cotton and will kill fiddy men.

Just wait for the series reboot.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Just wait for the series reboot.

Cotton is gonna be the dad. It’s why the mom and cotton don’t like each other. Bad break up.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Cotton is gonna be the dad. It’s why the mom and cotton don’t like each other. Bad break up.

Cotton is dead though. How could you forget the fantastic episode that is Death Picks Cotton

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

pixaal posted:

Cotton is dead though. How could you forget the fantastic episode that is Death Picks Cotton

Reeeeeeeebbbbbbooooooooot

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Like Cotton, Bobby would absolutely lie about how many men he's killed to get chicks.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

King Possum III posted:

Which episode would that be?

It's the one where Hank is telling lots of lies to the horrible visiting businessman from Massachusetts. Bobby thinks Hank can't be his father because Hank was in a Mexican POW camp during the 80's. He takes a (wrong) piece of information he was given and makes a logical conclusion. Later on we find out Joseph knows his dad was away when he was conceived, which is correct, and he draws no conclusions at all.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

It's the one where Hank is telling lots of lies to the horrible visiting businessman from Massachusetts. Bobby thinks Hank can't be his father because Hank was in a Mexican POW camp during the 80's. He takes a (wrong) piece of information he was given and makes a logical conclusion. Later on we find out Joseph knows his dad was away when he was conceived, which is correct, and he draws no conclusions at all.

Incorrect. He draws the conclusion that Dale was abducted by aliens had his DNA stolen which the aliens then used to impregnate Nancy because even though Dale isn't his real father Joseph IS Dale's son.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Obviously the aliens impregnated Nancy with Dale's seed

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Incorrect. He draws the conclusion that Dale was abducted by aliens had his DNA stolen which the aliens then used to impregnate Nancy because even though Dale isn't his real father Joseph IS Dale's son.

So Bobby drew the right conclusion from the wrong information and Joseph drew the wrong conclusion from the right information.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the understated joke in that episode is she somehow stumbled into that job because Alamo was so desperate

I always thought the joke was that since Alamo knowingly sold the tainted beer in Mexico, they wanted someone who didn’t actually speak Spanish working the hotline so they wouldn’t full grasp the issue and/or go off script and speak candidly about what was happening.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

So Bobby drew the right conclusion from the wrong information and Joseph drew the wrong conclusion from the right information.

:thejoke:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

All I wanted to say is that Bobby is a lot sharper than he gets credit for.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Bobby told Joseph Dale's not his dad (don't you mean Dale Gribble's truck)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Head to feet everythings neat.

Feet to head everyones dead