Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

touhous shouldn't go fast, they're not sonics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

touhous are like jojo powers on a dbz scale

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I'm just confused why they're riding another Touhou when both of them can fly. I'd rather see Wacky Races style carts for each team, especially if they aren't actually flying.

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 25, 2019

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's supposed to be like mario kart double dash

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Touhou ball

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
More things should try to be like Double Dash

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

new kaguya and bnha dropped within ten minutes of each other, this is a good start to the weekend

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Huzzah! posted:

:yeah: cool skull

https://i.imgur.com/NVJBNAY.gifv

verbal enema posted:

Here is a tattoo of mine

Impressive linework, very nice.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Captain Cappy posted:

I'm just confused why they're riding another Touhou when both of them can fly. I'd rather see Wacky Races style carts for each team, especially if they aren't actually flying.

How have I never seen that before? That is amazing.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

That makes ALL of the sense.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzFFaLB6fHw

:bisonyes:

https://i.imgur.com/PfFgzPd.mp4

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jan 25, 2019

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

feels rude to base a character on me without asking first tbh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Does she make it out alright? :ohdear:
a bear that cant fly is just a bear

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so a new manga just popped up on Comixology for like $7 for the volume, called "Nyankees"

it appears to be about a tough delinquent and, moreso, his tough delinquent cat

can anyone tell me whether this owns as much as it looks like it will? I might just grab a dead tree volume instead of digital if so

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
nyankees is actually about gangs of street cats fighting for food and territory but sometimes portrayed as tough....well, yankees

you be the judge if this looks like something you'd be interested in

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

watched the first ep of yurucamp last night. recall it being a tad polarizing, but seems good, a couple of the biking shots were a bit flat though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/CuteEmergency/status/1088623742438293505

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Motto posted:

watched the first ep of yurucamp last night. recall it being a tad polarizing, but seems good, a couple of the biking shots were a bit flat though.
the only ones who would dismiss yurucamp outright would have no taste for iyashikei in the first place. if funny and cute are all you want, yurucamp has those in spades

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Motto posted:

I think the harshest thing that's been said about Yurucamp is that it was boring? Which again I sorta understand.

Loved the show myself, though.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Expect My Mom posted:

nyankees is actually about gangs of street cats fighting for food and territory but sometimes portrayed as tough....well, yankees

you be the judge if this looks like something you'd be interested in

Oh my God the Comixology preview ended at the first of those pages

That's amazing, holy poo poo, I need to read this

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I feel like my fiancee would loving love this

Rheya
Mar 30, 2010
I made plans to go see the Non Non Biyori movie this weekend and kind of intended to watch all of the show beforehand but it didn't exactly work out that way and I've only seen one episode so far.

Am I going to miss out on a lot?

Trying to gauge how much I should prioritize squeezing in a few more episodes I guess.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

An excellent Miku face

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/MorgothGf/status/1088826656305922049

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what does rgrk mean

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I get cranky when I wake up badly also

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
possibly dumb question: does anyone know why it's apparently been so hard for English licensors to get the Fist of the North Star manga out?

like, every Fist of the North Star thing we do get makes its money back and then some. the old anime movie is straight up iconic, the TV anime is on like every major streaming service except Netflix and one of the more popular anime on most of them (and very very easily the most popular OLD anime), New FotNS was in basically constant rotation on Showtime and stayed in print on DVD for loving years. basically anyone in the West who likes both punching and gore knows and loves FotNS. and yet, if you look at the manga's release history, Viz got literally 4 volumes in before going "nope" in the early 90s, for whatever reason. then, in the early 2000s, some random-rear end no-name company tried to do colorized volumes, and also dropped it way early.

is there some kind of explicit reason why nobody wants to touch it for longer than a few months, or is it just one of those inexplicable curses?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

perceived lack of demand

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

what does rgrk mean

rakugaki

id take it to mean a sketch

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

actually thats not rgrk but i have no idea what it would be unless its misspelled

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Rheya posted:

I made plans to go see the Non Non Biyori movie this weekend and kind of intended to watch all of the show beforehand but it didn't exactly work out that way and I've only seen one episode so far.

Trying to gauge how much I should prioritize squeezing in a few more episodes I guess.

I think you'll be fine. There's not a lot of overarching plot in the show, so you won't be totally lost or anything. You might not recognize a few characters that are introduced later in the show, but that shouldn't make the movie a waste of time.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Rheya posted:

You should watch episode 10 of season 2. Not because of plot or anything. It's just the cutest.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

is there some kind of explicit reason why nobody wants to touch it for longer than a few months, or is it just one of those inexplicable curses?

Viz had it before the manga boom. Like, it probably came out in single issues like some kind of impure non-Japanese spidered-man comic. And then there was Gutsoon! who as I recall tried to jump off with a bunch of classic stuff like FOTNS and City Hunter and the like and they went under pretty quick. Probably just not a lot of people interested in the manga.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Crosspostin from the Funny Panels thread in BSS

Infinitum posted:

Gokushufudou Chapter 19
As always read Right to Left

The Immortal Tatsu chases down a cockroach!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/basebenzi/status/1088310882382348288