Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Should have used Tragic Sans instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Trig Discipline posted:

Should have used Gill Sans instead

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

This completely unremarkable person who played in one baseball game in 1883

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Ingraham

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Pakled posted:

In October 2012, a Dutch World War II memorial called Verzoening ("Reconciliation") was revealed on which the names of Jewish, Allied and German military deaths alike were written alongside each other in Comic Sans. The names were eventually scraped off after complaints from Jewish organizations, but the rewritten message was once again in Comic Sans. According to the city government, this was done because the letters fit the shape of the stone and were easily visible from a distance. It was, however, criticized for making the memorial look "ugly" and "cheap".[34]
holy moly

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Devonaut posted:

This completely unremarkable person who played in one baseball game in 1883

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Ingraham

tons of people like him here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_19th-century_baseball_players

over and over, "games played: 1"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
i like the ones that they don't even know the first names of

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Nigel Bruce (1934), Walter Fitzgerald (1950), Walter Slezak (1972), Richard Johnson (1990), Christopher Benjamin (1999) and Fozzie Bear

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Parahexavoctal posted:

tons of people like him here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_19th-century_baseball_players

over and over, "games played: 1"

While https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_19th-century_football_players doesn't even exist. Ah, Wikipedia and its notability guidelines.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I clicked one at random

Knepper spent one season in the majors, pitching for the 1899 Cleveland Spiders, a notoriously futile team that set a major league record by losing 134 games. Knepper was one of that team's primary starting pitchers, and he tied Jim Hughey for the team lead with four wins. He also ranked among the National League's leaders in several undesirable pitching categories, including home runs allowed (second, with 11), losses (fourth, with 22), earned runs allowed (seventh, with 141), and wild pitches (tenth, with eight).

Knepper was notoriously slow afoot. During a game on June 24, 1899, he hit a double, and the next day The Plain Dealer's game recap stated that "a hay wagon drawn by lame horses could have reached third, but Knepper is no hay wagon and had no lame horses to assist him".[1]

old timey baseball is loving hilarious

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

jfc lol

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
https://twitter.com/alt_kia/status/1088665216768868353

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
we've found it. the most worthless thing on wikipedia

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

What's great is they found some other free-usage pic of Nicholson wearing sunglasses and blurred it. Not even the same image Dril used. Why even bother?

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
it doesn't even have remotely close to the same energy as the original, it's so hosed

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

FrozenVent posted:

I clicked one at random

Knepper spent one season in the majors, pitching for the 1899 Cleveland Spiders, a notoriously futile team that set a major league record by losing 134 games. Knepper was one of that team's primary starting pitchers, and he tied Jim Hughey for the team lead with four wins. He also ranked among the National League's leaders in several undesirable pitching categories, including home runs allowed (second, with 11), losses (fourth, with 22), earned runs allowed (seventh, with 141), and wild pitches (tenth, with eight).

Knepper was notoriously slow afoot. During a game on June 24, 1899, he hit a double, and the next day The Plain Dealer's game recap stated that "a hay wagon drawn by lame horses could have reached third, but Knepper is no hay wagon and had no lame horses to assist him".[1]

old timey baseball is loving hilarious

knepper means fucker in danish

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
murder all nerds

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
ah yeah that's the good stuff

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Trig Discipline posted:

the solo is the same chord progression as the rest of it but a minor third higher

the intro and outro guitar line has a bit that goes from the minor third to major third, which is a thing you hear all the time in ragtime or any country music with a slide guitar (and many other places) . play the notes C Eb E, that's the bit they're talking about
using both the major and minor 3rd always sounds like Chuck Berry or that era/style to me. in that spirit,

From the second verse onward, the lyrics consistently exercise the double entendre in that a penis could just as easily be substituted for the toy bells and the song would still make sense.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_governments_in_Belgium

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

cool now make a single page like this for the USA lol

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

jeet
(US, slang) Did you eat?
2002, The Postal Record (volume 115, page 17)
So it will come as no surprise if a local inquires whether you've eaten yet — or, as Philadelphians say, "Jeet yet?"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
The song was first used in a 2012 YouTube video by the creator FaZeClan entitled "FaZe ILLCAMS - Episode 43". As of 2017 the video has had over two million views. Many believe that this video launched "Thrift Shop's" popularity.[citation needed]

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

The song was first used in a 2012 YouTube video by the creator FaZeClan entitled "FaZe ILLCAMS - Episode 43". As of 2017 the video has had over two million views. Many believe that this video launched "Thrift Shop's" popularity.[citation needed]

i actually kind of liked that one

for white guy rap

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
and he didn't even give FaZeClan a shoutout for those grammies

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

this is late and all but if you’re doing book pork puns the winner is clearly

ecce lomo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
A 7th-dan black belt in aikido, he began his adult life as a martial arts instructor in Japan,[1] becoming the first foreigner to operate an aikido dojo in the country.[2] He later moved to Los Angeles, California, where he had the same profession. In 1988, Seagal made his acting debut in Above the Law.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

A man in Juggalo face paint next to a small child.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lomarf

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/CIAGoFundMe/status/1089695666165764096

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
O'Rear needed to send Microsoft the original film and sign the paperwork; however, when couriers and delivery services became aware of the value of the shipment, they declined since it was higher than their insurance would cover. So the software company bought him a plane ticket to Seattle and he personally delivered it to their offices."[3] "I had no idea where it was going to go," he said. "I don't think the engineers or anybody at Microsoft had any idea it would have the success it's had."[13]

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FMguru posted:

O'Rear needed to send Microsoft the original film and sign the paperwork; however, when couriers and delivery services became aware of the value of the shipment, they declined since it was higher than their insurance would cover. So the software company bought him a plane ticket to Seattle and he personally delivered it to their offices."[3] "I had no idea where it was going to go," he said. "I don't think the engineers or anybody at Microsoft had any idea it would have the success it's had."[13]

thats a surprisingly interesting page, i had no idea that wasn't extensively modified or even a render https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliss_(image)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

240,000 men
1,900 tanks
4000 planes
1 bearCite error: The <ref> tag has too many names (see the help page).

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

half of the citations in the article are just links to this

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Sham bam bamina! posted:

half of the citations in the article are just links to this

sounds like original research, if all the citations are to primary sources. you should probably initiate a proper cleanup

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
The success of the album, bolstered by an article in the gaming magazine Nintendo Power, began a huge cult following for the band, with fans attending concerts in costumes inspired by the band's storyline and participating by way of singing along with the band's music, which was further exemplified by the group's work in Act II: The Father of Death.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

The success of the album, bolstered by an article in the gaming magazine Nintendo Power, began a huge cult following for the band, with fans attending concerts in costumes inspired by the band's storyline and participating by way of singing along with the band's music, which was further exemplified by the group's work in Act II: The Father of Death.

embarrassed that i know what this is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

they're a good band if you pretend you don't know it's based on a videogame