Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Last chance to vote on ORD's new terminal design! They're all pretty cool
https://voteord21.flychicago.com/home/Pages/default.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Why would anyone wear their company clothing when traveling? Unless you’re required to, I guess.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Cacafuego posted:

Why would anyone wear their company clothing when traveling? Unless you’re required to, I guess.

Networking? I've started more than a few conversations and made quite a few contacts that way.

I mean, I get it when you just want to go incognito and gently caress off in your own travel reality distortion field and read books/watch movies. I do that plenty also.

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

taco show posted:

Last chance to vote on ORD's new terminal design! They're all pretty cool
https://voteord21.flychicago.com/home/Pages/default.aspx

Fentress is cool, Foster looks too expensive, Studio Ord’s work is as awesome as Jeanne Gang usually is, SOM’s is their usual orderly modern and you just know Calatrava will run over budget.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Mandalay posted:

My Away bag has gone through over 100k miles with mostly just cosmetic damage. It won't fit in a CRJ2 though so I don't know what you mean by "small"
I don't think most rollerboards will. The E175's are the only regionals that I think have consistently large enough bins.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Small White Dragon posted:

I don't think most rollerboards will. The E175's are the only regionals that I think have consistently large enough bins.

The PHL-SFO route I usually take has recently started moving from A321s to 330s and the premium economy overhead doesn't fit a travelmax rollaboard short side in like the 321s do, so you have to take up a lot more "space". Not sure about the back cabin, but this seems like a really bad idea. Every drat part of AAs 321 will fit it the "right" way.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Small White Dragon posted:

My small carry-on roller has finally died. I'm looking for something durable to replace it; I need something with wheels, that I can both carry-on or check-in depending on the trip and what else I have to take. Any particular suggestions, or should I just grab something generic?

Rimowa for life!

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

A gate agent in GRU completely hosed up my itinerary after I missed my connection to AMS. On the upside: he accidentally upgraded me to premium economy on AF to Paris so I got to eat foie gras and my leg to AMS counted as business (despite sitting in the back) so I got a bunch of miles / XP out of it as well. When finally asking for help his colleague blew a gasket finding out the mess he made and the upgrades were non-reversible. Thanks!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I would have just rode them all and gotten status forever.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Knitting Beetles posted:

A gate agent in GRU completely hosed up my itinerary after I missed my connection to AMS. On the upside: he accidentally upgraded me to premium economy on AF to Paris so I got to eat foie gras and my leg to AMS counted as business (despite sitting in the back) so I got a bunch of miles / XP out of it as well. When finally asking for help his colleague blew a gasket finding out the mess he made and the upgrades were non-reversible. Thanks!

lmao

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
the true lol is doing all of that poo poo in economy in the first place

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Don’t poorshame, I pay for my own flights.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Knitting Beetles posted:

Don’t poorshame, I pay for my own flights.

i assumed if you were doing those itineraries to yourself that someone else was footing the bill

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I could make a fortune doing airport etiquette classes

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh the original itinerary was simply a return from Brazil to Amsterdam, that’s the mess that’s showing up now.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Goober Peas posted:

I could make a fortune doing airport etiquette classes

I'm wearing my Nikes with my business attire on travel days no matter what, gently caress the social contract.

They're bright blue and pink too.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Same - the focus would be behavioral although I am going to call out the lady in front of me in first wearing booty shorts in the middle of the winter.

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna962321

Not sure what to say about this one.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

nikosoft posted:

I'm wearing my Nikes with my business attire on travel days no matter what, gently caress the social contract.

They're bright blue and pink too.

I’ve had fellow passengers literally physically block from boarding then sternly inform me it’s first class only.

They’re shocked when I tell them that’s me as they look at my hoodie, jeans and sandals.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Tab8715 posted:

I’ve had fellow passengers literally physically block from boarding then sternly inform me it’s first class only.

They’re shocked when I tell them that’s me as they look at my hoodie, jeans and sandals.

Guillotine.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Who are these people having their monocles pop off because someone in first class isn't wearing a suit?

The closest I've had was when a woman cut to the very front of a long line right before boarding. I said "hey lady, line starts back there," she replied "I'm group 1," and I was just like "Yeah, we're all group 1. Line is back there."

She just straight up ignored me.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 25, 2019

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

KillHour posted:

Who are these people having their monocles pop off because someone in first class isn't wearing a suit?

The closest I've had was when a woman cut to the very front of a long line right before boarding. I said "hey lady, line starts back there," she replied "I'm group 1," and I was just like "Yeah, we're all group 1. Line is back there."

She just straight up ignored me.

Out of a hundred flights at least a dozen or more and I remember most of them.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

If my flight is longer than 4 hours, I'm wearing sweatpants.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wear jeans and a tshirt when I travel with dress shoes cause I don't wanna stick those in my carry on. My nikes are more compressionable

I never wear biz casual or anything unless it's a 5am into Atlanta or Texas and I'm going to sit in rush hour traffic to get to a clients,than I wear the whole monkey suit

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Last time I flew first class I was eating a lunchable in my seat as everyone boarded bc I was very hungry and it was the only thing I could grab quickly before boarding. Got a few odd looks sitting in first and making my little ham/cheese/cracker sandwiches.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Lunchables probably have the biggest nostalgia factor of any food as a kid. Good lord what was I thinking when I was asking for that?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

KillHour posted:

If my flight is longer than 4 hours, I'm wearing sweatpants.

Lululemon ABC pants, dog.

We got questioned about how we got Concierge Key because we boarded first and were in hoodies and sneakers. Such a weird thing to ask or think about.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Lote posted:

Lunchables probably have the biggest nostalgia factor of any food as a kid. Good lord what was I thinking when I was asking for that?

As a kid, I remember being jealous of the kids that got lunchables instead of the home packed lunch my mom made me every day. Ditto for kids who got to eat pizza instead of a cooked dinner. Man was I a dumb kid. Hi

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Got home last night just before 10pm, and now I’m headed back to DCA for a 7:30am flight.

At least this is a relatively short one to MCO.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
People are weird about status? Why I never.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i enjoy slumming in status lounges and first and business class, so i can tell those people to gently caress off with love.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

sneakyfrog posted:

i enjoy slumming in status lounges and first and business class, so i can tell those people to gently caress off with love.

same

it's even better with the porsche pickup

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

People are weird about status? Why I never.

Actually asking was a first in a decade+ of having it so yeah kinda weird imo

Dirty looks and weird glances sure

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

same

it's even better with the porsche pickup

What is this?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Tab8715 posted:

What is this?

if you're a 360 they will at times (usually if you have a tight connection) pick you up at the door of the plane in a Macan and drive you to the club/gate/location of your choosing within 5 mi of the airport

if there are no 360s and dispatch is bored they'll do it for DMs too

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

If airlines want me to dress nicely then maybe they shouldn't keep their cabins 85F.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Ground Stop at LaGuardia Airport Over Staffing Issues, FAA Says

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/LaGuardia-Airport-Ground-Stop-Staffing-Shortage-Shutdown-504861791.html

lol buckle up

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

psydude posted:

If airlines want me to dress nicely then maybe they shouldn't keep their cabins 85F.

I’m looking at you Japan Airlines. They do a good job recreating the onsen experience.

Hope you aren’t at LGA today.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Of course I didn't take trip insurance for my vacation starting Sunday. :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I'm telling ya, Sun-Thurs is the superior week split, you'd be safely home by now!