Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This guy again using a cinder block as a type of gimmick is sickening. I really hope that he gets banned/blackballed from wrestling. His behavior doesn't merit more bookings but punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
How did he get another booking after the cinderblock incident? Is this a wrestler with clout?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mexico is different.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

How did he get another booking after the cinderblock incident? Is this a wrestler with clout?

the cinderblock incident makes him a bigger draw not a smaller one

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dangerous Person posted:

Controversy creates cash. Also, never forget that at its heart wrestling is a scummy business.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oof, strong early contender for Disgusting Promotional Tactic

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
poo poo like this makes it hard for me to like wrestling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This isn't the first time he's used the cinderblock since the incident.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There was at least one event I recall that advertised him on the poster with the cinderblock

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

This isn't the first time he's used the cinderblock since the incident.
where do you reckon this would have gotten seeded in NY64 if it had been WWE promoting cinder block man

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE would have gone full tilt and had foam cinderblocks to sell at shows. With little bits of brain and blood painted on. It'd be a hit with kids.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Seth Rollins tried to kill Dean Ambrose with cinderblocks once

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jesus WEP posted:

where do you reckon this would have gotten seeded in NY64 if it had been WWE promoting cinder block man

If we could combine both into one (I think the other had a cinderblock on the poster but was probably for a different indie) it'd be a solid #8.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PCW Ultra is hosting the first (of what they plan to be an annual) Wrestle Summit in LA March 29. First 10 talents announced:

Representing TNA:
Johnny Impact
Dezmond Xavier

Representing PCW Ultra:
Tessa Blanchard
Shane Strickland
Daga

Representing DEFY:
Artemis Spencer
"Ravenous" Randy Myers

Representing Melbourne City:
Adam Brooks

Representing Wrestling Revolver:
Caleb Konley

Representing Japanese freelancers:
Kikutaro

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

My man kikutaro reppin' the whole of japan. Hes finally big time

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm really interested in seeing how Randy Meyers' gimmick plays outside of the PNW. It's basically a 90s gay panic heel but everyone cheers so he's a face.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://mobile.twitter.com/swerveconfident/status/1088560736735916032

Yup, he's sure set to join NXT .

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Dragon Lee just pulled out of the NEW show I'm going to tomorrow. That's the second person to pull out of a show that I'm going to because they signed with ROH :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

WWE has pulled its over to Shane Strickland after seeing his tweet placing them on the same level as other promotions

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

TUS posted:

Dragon Lee just pulled out of the NEW show I'm going to tomorrow. That's the second person to pull out of a show that I'm going to because they signed with ROH :(

he hasnt signed with roh (yet) dave said his visa is hosed up

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Super No Vacancy posted:

he hasnt signed with roh (yet) dave said his visa is hosed up

Ah, ok. The Visa thing was what was NEW said but I thought it was their out.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TUS posted:

Ah, ok. The Visa thing was what was NEW said but I thought it was their out.

Nah, the Visa situation is a really problem with the shutdown and is why the New Japan shows in the US next month have one solitary Japanese guy on them, and he's coming via the UK. After they put time into building Nagata vs Ishii for them too. Major bummer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm going to a wrestling show being put on by a theatre company tonight. Should be fun!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I'm going to a wrestling show being put on by a theatre company tonight. Should be fun!

That honestly sounds horrendous but I hope it’s fun!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Endless Mike posted:

I hope the wrestlers are billed with the name of the performers as well as the characters being portrayed

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's actual pro wrestlers, just the company is running it. I don't really know how it works, but there's some NOVA Pro people and some Chikara people and some other random people I recognize. I will definitely report back!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Black box theatre seems good and cool and I might check out their other goings on

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

It's actual pro wrestlers, just the company is running it. I don't really know how it works, but there's some NOVA Pro people and some Chikara people and some other random people I recognize. I will definitely report back!

Okay that makes more sense. I read it as theater people actually wrestling

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

neonbregna posted:

Black box theatre seems good and cool and I might check out their other goings on

I've been to a couple Flying V shows and they're really fun and they have drinking game nights as parts of their runs. They're definitely worth checking out.

Anyway my seat is close enough I can almost reach the ring from my seat. There's basically no uh concrete area. Gonna be interesting.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Legion of Rot vs Ugly Ducklings looks like it'll be a blast.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lumbermouth posted:

Legion of Rot vs Ugly Ducklings looks like it'll be a blast.

It was! The whole show was really really fun. I'm actually impressed with how well they pulled it off for a first-time show. The production was really good since it was in an actual theater with real lighting and they actually managed to put together a storyline to move through to their next show in July. I'm definitely going.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I went to Flying V Fights too. The show was good, production was good, and it was my first time (finally) seeing Orange Cassidy. The crowd was 80% NOVA Pro regulars, at least.
https://twitter.com/boco_t/status/1088989733022257152
As a bonus, I walked a quarter mile away from the venue after the show to take a mark pic in front of the place that used to be Piratz Tavern from the famous Bar Rescue episode.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Boco_T posted:

I went to Flying V Fights too. The show was good, production was good, and it was my first time (finally) seeing Orange Cassidy. The crowd was 80% NOVA Pro regulars, at least.
As a bonus, I walked a quarter mile away from the venue after the show to take a mark pic in front of the place that used to be Piratz Tavern from the famous Bar Rescue episode.

Hahahaha holy poo poo Piratz Tavern

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

I am in this video :eek:

We went to the after party at Quarry House Tavern, which was pretty chill. Haven't been since they reopened. A bunch of wrestlers were at the table next to us and were friendly.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Bryce's timing when picking up the glasses and putting them back on Cassidy when he kips up is masterclass.

The news about the Demino makes me wish there were a lot more indy wrestlers like Joe or Hero who would just beat the poo poo out of people being unsafe or treating rookies poorly

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Oh I forgot to mention there was a guy named Alan Clayball and I had never seen him before, but some people in the crowd were yelling “get him wolf” and he was yelling back “it’s just alan clayball now, no more wolf stuff” and for some reason this was the funniest thing I’d ever heard.

I'm Alan Clayball, enough with the wolf stuff

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Trying to be a regular dude who can't escape his wolf past is a pretty great gimmick.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

EL BROMANCE posted:

Trying to be a regular dude who can't escape his wolf past is a pretty great gimmick.

Trying not to get distracted by spectators dressed as sheep
Ref starts the pin count “One” “Tw-AHWOOOOOO!!!” As you sit bolt upright and start howling along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1089374867676450816

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1089388920666812417