Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Uhhh, so another colonist has an infection, immunity gain rate 105% and the immunity is dropping further and further behind the infection. What the gently caress is going on? I thought the immunity gain rate was the ultimate stat and no modifiers are applied afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Walton Simons posted:

Uhhh, so another colonist has an infection, immunity gain rate 105% and the immunity is dropping further and further behind the infection. What the gently caress is going on? I thought the immunity gain rate was the ultimate stat and no modifiers are applied afterwards.

Tend quality affects disease progression rate, iirc. So if you’ve got awful tend qualities, your colonists die faster than decent or excellent tend qualities.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Stuff like blood filtration and treatment quality are also big factors, if you have any food or drugs from mods that give blood filtration, toss em it. If you can't beat it I hope it's in something you can amputate.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
This is Rimworld, you can amputate anything.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Fine, not can, should :v:

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Pharnakes posted:

This is Rimworld, you can amputate anything.

Improvised penis.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Hmm, but reading the immunity gain speed article on the Rimworld wiki, all of that stuff is included in the calculation already.

https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Immunity_Gain_Speed

Every other time it's acted exactly as expected, if it's 100%, no change and it'll drop back or catch up exactly as that value changes. This time I'm getting a high immunity gain but the infection is still progressing faster than immunity.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Walton Simons posted:

Using Numbers I can see that my colonist's immunity gain speed is 117% but his immunity is dropping further behind his infection, what gives?

That just means that your immunity gain speed is 17% better then normal. If you are not having them rest and feeding then properly then the infection can still gently caress them up.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Telsa Cola posted:

That just means that your immunity gain speed is 17% better then normal. If you are not having them rest and feeding then properly then the infection can still gently caress them up.

The colonist stat listed definitely does not take into account tend quality.

Edit: quoteed wrong person I’m amazing

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Ahhhhh, I get it now! I was reading this

quote:

In addition to this stat, immunity gain is affected by the medical tend quality

As tend quality increasing the immunity gain stat. Since this was a really rough battle I've had bad doctors operating when they're not 100% themselves just to stop people bleeding out. Thanks for that, it was driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

I may be in real trouble.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1633517937

Requested this mod yesterday, a bit more in character way to get raids :v:

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Walton Simons posted:

Ahhhhh, I get it now! I was reading this

As tend quality increasing the immunity gain stat. Since this was a really rough battle I've had bad doctors operating when they're not 100% themselves just to stop people bleeding out. Thanks for that, it was driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

I may be in real trouble.

That's when you start using medicine or glitterworld meds to tend infections rather than no-meds or herbal meds. Even a poorly skilled pawn with impaired manipulation can still get a pretty good tend quality using glitterworld.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

I'm all out of meds unfortunately, my trader problems haven't improved but I'm frantically reseaching trade beacons, which I'll get in a lot earlier next time. I haven't seen a single trader with healroot in 128 days in game. I have growing it high on the agenda but somehow, thanks to things happening, we're still not full food-secure so I have to prioritise that.

Both my infected colonists died, one was way off immunity after two bad rolls but poor old Gerardon was at 98% :sigh:

Ah well, I've learned a ton about how to manage infections and immunity gain. Also the other one who died won't cook, haul, craft, dumb labor or work with plants sooo....

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

The ability to call up local settlements to call over traders is huge, though I play most of my games these days with orbital traders turned off in scenario settings. However, their arrival and usage is also really, really useful.

Reminder that after all your colonists die if you really liked the map, you can just continue playing. The game at that point has a much higher chance of throwing you a pawn to get things started again.

Or raiders will show up and burn/loot everything.

But then you can still continue on a burned out map!

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
If one of your favorite colonists die you can always stuff them in a freezer while you go on a quest to find a resurrection mech serum injector!

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Still got 6 colonists going and they're a lot more versatile than the last time I had 6, food shortages solved basically instantly since I don't have someone with one arm and another with muscle parasites as the only growers. I need to move a cooler, then it's onto healroot growing and finishing the research on the comm console. This save has been real harsh on me with traders, I haven't had any for over a year. Like, not even 'a few guys with sharp sticks to sell' traders.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
It's modz talk, but the More Trade Ships mod is really cool. It adds a few new varieties of traders (including the somewhat broken? textiles traders). Doesn't change the game so much as just speeds up some of the lulls in the action.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Oh my there's now a cat variety mod that adds Maine Coons and Norwegian Forest cats as cats that can rescue.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

robotsinmyhead posted:

It's modz talk, but the More Trade Ships mod is really cool. It adds a few new varieties of traders (including the somewhat broken? textiles traders). Doesn't change the game so much as just speeds up some of the lulls in the action.

Sweet

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I use Tribal Raiders mod since I enjoy not only pirate raids, but tribal raids.

I go to a Pristine Ruins and find about 180 tribal raiders already there. I brought 12 pawns, with 2 triple rocket launchers.

There's some jockeying around, until I'm finally able to get off my first rocket - I bring down ~20 tribals, but the colonist gets killed. The 2nd colonist is aiming as the pirates send a drop pod raid, but they dropped next to a cluster of tribals. The rockets shoot off, downing another 20 tribals. The pirates engage the tribals, who have a bit of a job crisis and wind up wandering for a few seconds while the pirates (about 25 of them, including 5 different rocket launchers) are shooting away. The tribals finally decide to start shooting back as one pirate whiffs a triple rocket launcher and winds up hitting 3 pirate melee and 2 rock walls (which end up causing more pirate injuries), when suddenly the other tribal raiders send ~100, and they've arrived at the other side of this triangle the original tribal raiders are now stuck into. I shift my colonists to the back, hoping to pick off the newest raiders as I expect them to flee last. A doomsday rocket goes off, causing my computer to stop and think about things as ~40 of the first tribals die, causing them to flee... right into the new tribals.

There are still around 60 or something silly of the original tribals, who are now streaming into a vast horde of hostile tribals, while hopped up pirates are launching more rockets. 2 more doomsdays get launched, but these wind up flying true, landing smack dab in the middle of the new tribal raider group, absolutely devastating their lines (with more computer slow down causing a slow motion doomsday fireball expanding and consuming tribals). I reposition, as I realize I'll be fighting the pirates.

A few pirates die to tribals, but soon the newly arrived tribal group also flees. I start skirmishing with the pirates while they're somewhat chasing the fleeing tribals. One of my colonists goes down in a hail of bullets, but luckily they're still alive with nothing especially life threatening (~7 hour bleed out) and I take a few more injuries, but luckily armor takes a lot of the hits.

I'm able to take out just a few more pirates as they're driving me to the edge of the map and cause them to flee.

Turns out a few of the original tribals had bashed their way into some of the buildings, as I had been getting, "Area Revealed" pings but was too busy to evaluate. Turns out, all the buildings that looked like storage had been opened! With the injuries I had, and the risk of other raids a possibility (?) I pop to the world map to form caravan.

I pull just over 60 advanced components, 40 glitterworld meds, and ~240 components, among other things... like 4 legendary wooden chairs. Funny enough, I checked the art on one legendary bed I didn't take and it was in German (I think?). That was awesome I love Real Ruins mod

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

HelloSailorSign posted:

I use Tribal Raiders mod since I enjoy not only pirate raids, but tribal raids.

I go to a Pristine Ruins and find about 180 tribal raiders already there. I brought 12 pawns, with 2 triple rocket launchers.

There's some jockeying around, until I'm finally able to get off my first rocket - I bring down ~20 tribals, but the colonist gets killed. The 2nd colonist is aiming as the pirates send a drop pod raid, but they dropped next to a cluster of tribals. The rockets shoot off, downing another 20 tribals. The pirates engage the tribals, who have a bit of a job crisis and wind up wandering for a few seconds while the pirates (about 25 of them, including 5 different rocket launchers) are shooting away. The tribals finally decide to start shooting back as one pirate whiffs a triple rocket launcher and winds up hitting 3 pirate melee and 2 rock walls (which end up causing more pirate injuries), when suddenly the other tribal raiders send ~100, and they've arrived at the other side of this triangle the original tribal raiders are now stuck into. I shift my colonists to the back, hoping to pick off the newest raiders as I expect them to flee last. A doomsday rocket goes off, causing my computer to stop and think about things as ~40 of the first tribals die, causing them to flee... right into the new tribals.

There are still around 60 or something silly of the original tribals, who are now streaming into a vast horde of hostile tribals, while hopped up pirates are launching more rockets. 2 more doomsdays get launched, but these wind up flying true, landing smack dab in the middle of the new tribal raider group, absolutely devastating their lines (with more computer slow down causing a slow motion doomsday fireball expanding and consuming tribals). I reposition, as I realize I'll be fighting the pirates.

A few pirates die to tribals, but soon the newly arrived tribal group also flees. I start skirmishing with the pirates while they're somewhat chasing the fleeing tribals. One of my colonists goes down in a hail of bullets, but luckily they're still alive with nothing especially life threatening (~7 hour bleed out) and I take a few more injuries, but luckily armor takes a lot of the hits.

I'm able to take out just a few more pirates as they're driving me to the edge of the map and cause them to flee.

Turns out a few of the original tribals had bashed their way into some of the buildings, as I had been getting, "Area Revealed" pings but was too busy to evaluate. Turns out, all the buildings that looked like storage had been opened! With the injuries I had, and the risk of other raids a possibility (?) I pop to the world map to form caravan.

I pull just over 60 advanced components, 40 glitterworld meds, and ~240 components, among other things... like 4 legendary wooden chairs. Funny enough, I checked the art on one legendary bed I didn't take and it was in German (I think?). That was awesome I love Real Ruins mod

:allears:

This would be a perfect test for the ICBM I'm working on.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Kay, think I got the hang of it. New game, tribal game, temperate with full growing seasons. I used the choose your own squad mod, got some good stats with a lot of abrasive/neurotic.

Outer wall is stockpile of stone chunks 2-3 thick. Raiders have been solos so far, and Ive got bows. Captured a couple and recruited them, also done the same with various pod refugees. Latest guy is a psychotic cannibal, he'll do well.

I've set up the cultist tower and researched Hastur. Got storehouses in the south, along with graveyard and dumpyard. In the center I have residential neighborhoods that I cycle through citizens / hospital / jail as needed. House walls are connected by palisades. Big thing Im running into is not enough cotton to make cultist outfits. I have stupid amounts of wheat, so I might switch the rice field over.

This is the core of the village. Town hall on the right has all the rec tiles, research tiles, table and chairs and so on. Upper building is something I just started developing, with a windmill and powerlines connecting to electric foundaries. Juuuust got teched up enough for stone cubes and tailoring, which I put in the new industry building as well.

Hospitality wise, every guest is getting -20 to -80 opinions of me since I haven't developed beds yet. I think the next thing is to just knock down everything, rebuild in the enlarged square, and go from there. So far it was ad-hoc development, but I think I have the resources now for an urban-warfare style build.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Two weeks into a new normal-start game:

Item Stash Quest: A Charge Lance guarded by two hostiles? You bet your rear end I'm locking one person at home to mind the shop and sending everyone combat capable to go get that.

I get to the encounter, and the two guardians are poo poo-skilled mooks... :pcgaming: wielding another charge lance and a pulse rifle :pcgaming:

I kite them behind a rock outcropping one at a time and just beat them to death before they can shoot me, and hey we're off to a rollicking start with three endgame-tier guns. Thanks Randy!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Real Ruins sounds like jolly good fun for an endgame colony. I kinda wanna add it onto my game.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

It's really good even at lower tech levels, it's a risk vs reward at that point where even sneaking in and nibbling at the edge is gonna get you good returns

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

My space marine paratroopers just need decent fortresses to raid, really. I'm bored of podding into small collections of huts and soundly routing their inhabitants.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Synthbuttrange posted:

Is there a mod for boom-people?
This is actually one of the vanilla scenario setup options.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Argh, one of my mods updated fucky and wrecked my electrical and plumbing networks so I've had to abandon my (sprawling and somewhat overpopulated) colony for a fresh one.

Only to discover that it, or a different mod, also is keeping stone from spawning on maps. Wheeeeee.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Ugh, nothing like adding a bunch of additional mods and discovering that something isn't playing nice and causing mountains to no longer exist.

Also, some mod isnt playing nice with the werewolf mod due to something regarding pawns needing to be friendly.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there a mod for bulk task priority? Like enable only the top skills for all your pawns?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Sylink posted:

Is there a mod for bulk task priority? Like enable only the top skills for all your pawns?

...beyond the task priorities list?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Sylink posted:

There's one that automates work assignments according to user defined percentages but I haven't tried it myself. Don't recall the name of the mod offhand though.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I need marble. How to get a shitload of marble for my mega works?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

jokes posted:

I need marble. How to get a shitload of marble for my mega works?

Bulk traders. Caravans to your neighbors. Or just build multiple Stone cutting tables.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i also would have accepted "secondary site quarrying operation"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I have some pretty hefty raids on my settlement, would a secondary quarrying option not also get hit by super armies?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

no. raid strength is determined primarily by the wealth contained in the camp. it is secondarily determined by the time you've been on the planet so don't be lazy about your security but the wealth in the hex will be the biggest influencer.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Interesting. Is it like 90% wealth/ 10% time or 60/40. I ask because I have limited military strength because Randy is stingy with qualified soldiers this time around so I mostly have had to rely on traps thus far.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i'm unclear on the precise distribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Canuck-Errant posted:

Argh, one of my mods updated fucky and wrecked my electrical and plumbing networks so I've had to abandon my (sprawling and somewhat overpopulated) colony for a fresh one.

Only to discover that it, or a different mod, also is keeping stone from spawning on maps. Wheeeeee.

it's Roads of the Rim. the mod creator pushed an update yesterday that broke map generation, which sucks. disable it for now.